main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW gamer

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Infiltrator, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    is it worth it for a subscription? why?

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    It is worth the subscription, because:
    1. Subscription rate receives a significant discount over newstand rate.
    2. You can generally expect short stories by any Star Wars author at any time.
    3. Hoojibs! Hoojibs! Hoojibs are everywhere.
    4. There's a number of articles, references, vignettes, "short" stories, and continuity snippets involving any number of Marvel's Star Wars creations.
    5. Star Wars Gamer is a source known for bringing the top-notch Infinities stories into canon "through the side door." That is, you can find out about the canon version of Infinites stories you may have liked.
    6. SWRPG material - useful for giving an objective, qualitative look at the various subjective "Who's the most powerful XXX..." threads. It builds on WotC's SWRPG, and you can sometimes find "blow-by-blow" qualitative accounts of SW events such as the lightsaber battle on Naboo from TPM, etc.
    7. It's the best substitute for the SWAJ we have available to us now. So because nothing compares, you may as well read the next best thing.

If you love Star Wars, then Gamer is the magazine for you!

3. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    wow! ghengis, you should go into advertizing

4. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I was hesitant at first too since I am not a RP Gamer, but I subscribed and received my first issue this month. The information and artwork is worth the price of a subscription alone! I am very pleased with Gamer, now I have to hunt down the first 8 issues :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.