main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO SW games touching the post-ROTJ era

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Cyrax86, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Cyrax86

Cyrax86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2009
    Now that this subject was revitalized by recent announcements, I'd like to see a list and discussion of the games whose plot (or at least part of it) will be affected by Episode VII, with spoilers too, if possible, as a reminder of those stories.

2. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Hmm. The Jedi Knight series, Galactic Battlegrounds, and Force Commander are really the only ones that come to mind at present. The first of which brings up the specter of Disney messing with Kyle Katarn. I think we know how that would end ...

3. Cyrax86

Oct 18, 2009
    I seem to recall Force Commander ending with the Battle of Endor?

Galactic Battlegrounds, I remember a bonus mission of the recapture of Coruscant. I don't remember what the Wookie campaign was about though, was it after Death Star II?

4. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    Force Commander's final mission was the recapture of Coruscant, same with Galactic Battlegrounds.

5. The Corellian

The Corellian Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    The entire Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series and X-Wing/TIE Fighter games would most likely be affected, I think. I don't even want Disney to touch Kyle Katarn. If I want a KK movie, I'll watch the cutscenes from Dark Forces II

6. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    The X-wing and TIE Fighter games all took place during the events of the OT, so they would not be affected.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Empire at War's expansion has missions post-Endor
    Galactic Battlegrounds finishes in 7 ABY
    Rogue Squadron finishes in 10 ABY
    Jedi Outcast takes place in 12 ABY
    Jedi Academy takes place in 14 ABY
    Elite Squadron takes place maybe 12 ABY (it's unclear)

That's all that would be touched as far as I can remember.

8. The Corellian

The Corellian Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    Oh my bad, I haven't played any of the flight-sims recently, so my memory was a bit off.

9. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    No worries - an NR-era extension of the X-wing/TIE Fighter series has been on a lot of fans' wish lists for a while.

10. Cyrax86

Oct 18, 2009
    There doesn't seem to be that many then, it's kind of an uncharted territory in games. E7 will probably open the gate for a flood of new games.

I think X-Wing Alliance ends with the Battle of Endor. Not familiar with the sequels of Rogue Squadron, but I believe the original has just a final mission of liberating Mon Calamari/Dac.

11. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    There is that Mara Jade game.

Wait...that's just an expansion of Dark Forces.

12. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    An expansion to its sequel (Jedi Knight), actually. And a very fun expansion MOTS was.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    With the new trilogy beign post ROTJ, what are the chances of finally getting a new Jedi Knight game? Been waiting for one since 2003...

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  14. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Here is my dream scenario:

The new trilogy takes place approximately 30 years after Endor and shows Luke as a wise and powerful Jedi master. Then we get a series of games where we can play as Luke and experience his journey from neophyte Jedi Knight to leader of the re-invigorated Jedi order. Add in a few EU references, a strong story, and force powers akin to those in TFU and I could die a happy man.

15. Hero of Tukayyid

Hero of Tukayyid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2012
    I think the one with Qu Rahn is more safe. If there is a piece of EU they will respect its probably the Thrawn Trilogy.