main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Gaming

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Q99, We are playing magic tomorrow night in the student village at 8:30. All you have to do is bring 3 booster packs. We'll be meeting in the ERRSA office right next to the housing office. Email me if you are in...Szutaa40@erau.edu

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Unfortunatly I have a Space Flight test Friday, and I don't know how long the FF meeting will last. We have a lot to do! :) Thanks for the invite.

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Woohoo! I finally went out and got a starter deck and two expansion decks of TCG and I must say I really like it! I really like the fact that rare people are put out as common and uncommon, and the foils are awesome! I have an uncommon Jango :D I do think I am going to have to head up to Collesium of Comics (which sucks btw) and get some die and damage gems. Something about the little papers things they give you just kinda make me nervous. I still have yet to find anyone in Daytona that actually sells sets though. I had to search through Books-a-Million and all they had were a few packs of Attack of the Clones. I want a Luke dangit!! I am bidding on a complete set of Sith Rising right now though ;)

I think the only thing I don't like is the lack of weapons. One great thing about CCG is loading up a Jedi with a matching Lightsaber and watching them kick butt and take names, but I do like the battle system of TCG more. It's a lot less complicated and more Magic-like, which I can relate to. And the speed system is great! Getting Anankin out and then bumping his speed up to 70 is too cool! :) And do I need to say anything about the AT-TE?? 60/5/4 = Good night! Although I did find the 'Elite Jedi Squad' anything but. I mean, 40/3/2??? Come on! That's like a Battle Droid. You would think they would be at least 50/5/4! Sorry if it sounds like I'm speaking Swahili :p

4. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Very cool, Q!

We'll have to play. I have a boxful of extra common/uncommon cards that you can dig through to help your deck along also.

I think Commander Clone has been wanting to make a deck and Lady Eldaelen and I have been playing for a while now. We could have our own tournaments! :D

5. Lady_Eldaelen

Lady_Eldaelen Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2003
    I agree, although I haven't played in a while..
    When?

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well so far I have a 2-2 record, two wins against myself and two losses against myself :p

What do you all do Thrusday nights??? Friday nights are also good for me, now that I have nothing to do :(

My darkside deck seems to be kinda pathetic. The lightside ends up kicking butt. Then again, they do have clone troopers. :D And those pesky Jedi with their whole evade thing! Do you know how many times Jango has 'killed' Plo Koon?!?!?! He just won't die! Anyway, I plan to head over to C_Comics later this afternoon. Maybe I'll head up to Wal-Mart and see if they sell anything besides the starter deck.

7. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I'd be up for Thursday TCG game nights. How's this Thursday sound for starters?

Fridays are tough as Lady E and I have office hours- unless we wanted to play after 9 or something.

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Thursday's are great. I'm cool after 9 on Friday's. Maybe I'll have to come by and crash your office hours. ;)

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    *sigh* Collesium of Comics somehow manages to dissapoint me everytime. But I did find out that they sell boxes of cards rather cheap. $50 downpayment, plus 17% above what the box costs wholesale. I was told I could potential walk out with a box of TCG for $57 :D

10. Lady_Eldaelen

Lady_Eldaelen Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2003
    I'm up for Fridays. Thursdays I'm usually stuck doing math homework or something equally exciting.

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Excellent, it sounds like Friday's after 9 will now be Beachtrooper Game Night! I also have a few CCG decks if anyone wants to go at it, and maybe I can dust off my Magic cards as well. :)

12. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Sounds good to me! It will force me to finally go through my cards and build some decks.

I can't wait for the Battle of Yavin expansion! It should be coming out very soon- if it's not out already. It looks sweet!

Death Star! Death Star!!! :D

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force Mind your thoughts Padawan :p

So where do we want to hold this little shin-dig?? TCG and Magic aren't a problem, but if we go CCG we could easily take up a large area quickly.

Jayna, I recently went through and re-built my CCG and Magic decks if you need any help. Too bad I can't use Slivers in the character arena. Clone Troopers wouldn't stand a chance :D

14. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Clone troopers rock, I represent.

TCG is an average game. I think it took the worst aspects of two very popular games and put them together. Pokemon's lets flip coins so the whole aspect of the game is luck, and magic's lets make certain cards infinately better than other ones, and by the way they are all rare...

I do like having main characters not be rare. It's about time. Unfortuately, I don't feel that it has the complexity of the other star wars, magic, or even pokemon.

Will I play the game, most definately. This game however will not take the place of my beloved magic the gathering or the real star wars CCG. Ever.

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well I'll bring my CCG decks if you will ;) After playing about 6 games it has that 'Young Jedi' feel. I agree that it isn't as complex as Magic or SWCCG, but it's good for a quick gaming fix, or those late night Trilogy Parties when you don't want to think too much :p

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wow, that was a great bunch of games! Lady_E, I believe we have a tie score right now that needs to be settled, whenever you're up to it ;)

Jayna, that was probably one of the best games I've played in a long time. Right up to the end. I still think my Jedi Starfighters should have been able to do assault runs on your characters :p

So do we want to make this a regular thing then? Maybe next week do some CCG??

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I just watched the trailer for Jedi Academy and, wow. It looks like they finally got the idea that I don't want to go around solving puzzles as Kyle Katarn, I was to kick butt with a lightsaber!!!! One lightsaber, two lightsabers, duel lightsabers, OH MY! :eek: Here's the link to the trailer SAWEEEEET!! :)

18. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ever wanna be a clone trooper? Check this out: Shiny!!

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Here's a new Jedi Academy Preview. Oh man, this sounds a lot like Neverwinter Nights Jedi style! :D clickie

20. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Here's the first review that I've seen for Knights of the Old Republic. I just have to say Bioware is the best! KOTOR

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    A new video for KotOR has been released over at fuse.tv

This game is going to be epic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.