main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN SW goodies and collectables

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediMasterDerek, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterDerek

JediMasterDerek Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2005
    For those who collect anything related to Star Wars, Target has electronic Darth Vader gift cards available for sale.

http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05vadergiftcard.asp

I picked up one last night at the southside Target.

I also noticed that Target has Vader foldable chairs, and Vader and Clonetrooper blankets/sleeping bags. They also have a beach towel bag.

Anyone else found Star Wars related merchandise worth getting?

JMD

2. ToneLoc

ToneLoc Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Awesome, thanks for the information.

3. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    we thought they were out of the gift cards, BDZ has 2 of them.

4. vaderisone

vaderisone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002

JediDerek...I used to be the king of finding SW merchandise but in my old age (34) and 2 kids I have slowed down. Thanks for the update, currently I am getting 1 action figure a week at BuyMeToys.com. If you haven't been there before a great place with a real cool owner

5. ToneLoc

May 16, 2002
    I don't know...BDZ has a lot.

6. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

I don't know I have totes and totes of figures and more molded plastic than you can shake a stick at

7. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm not much of a fanatical collector of anything. I do own a few of the SW action figures from various periods. I have a Clone Trooper, Obi-Wan, and Jango from AOTC on my desk at work. Other than that, I don't get into spending mucho $$$ on the action figures.

Today at over $5 per figure, that adds up too quickly. I would rather spend my 'allowance' (I too being old (35 in June) with a family and 2 children) on DVD disc sets, a coffee mug, shirt, etc., rather than the toys.

Don't count me out though! On my list to buy is an Obi-Wan Kenobi electronic effects lightsaber to take with me for the midnight premiere! :) (Ssh. Don't tell Grand Moff Wife.)

I sure wish that I had kept/bought more of the original Kenner SW toys from when I was young. Ahhh... to have the Millennium Falcon from then.

I'm hoping to get the goodies we ordered from the CIII shop at the convention soon. (They allowed for orders of some items that were sold out.) My Vader T-Shirt and Yoda jacket will make my cow orkers envious (right, TL?). :)

JMD

8. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    BDZ has the original Millenium Falcon from when he was little. He collects a lot, but not just Star Wars and figures. He has Matrix, X-files, etc. He has plates, figures, Taco Bell toys, lol. Variety is the best way to describe it.

9. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    He's got the Falcon?!?! I'm _so_ there!

Can I play?! Or are they appropriately vacuum sealed and stored for 'display purposes only'?

:)

JMD

10. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    His mom still has it in storage with all of her stuff.

We have the playskool sets for Aiden, they make the Millenium Falcon and X-Wing, they're pretty cool. Now if we could only find Yoda (aside from at CIII for $16).

11. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    Starting May 16th, Burger King will have SW Super-D toys available. One toy will be available with children's meals and two in adult value meals.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4386&zoneid=2

Cool! More dorky SW things to have on my desk. :)

JMD

12. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

I am so Burger King come May 16

13. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    yea, forget how many posts we can post, how many kids meals can we eat, lol.

I saw a kid at CIII with a BK kids meal bag and he pulled the little wicket out of the bag, but I never found the Burger King around there, only the stand handing out crowns. So maybe they started in Indy already? I'll have to ask my cousin.

14. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    The latest issue of TV Guide will feature 5 different animated Star Wars covers. These covers include: Episode III Anakin Skywalker who morphs into a hooded Darth Vader, Padme Amidala who changes into her daughter Princess Leia, Animated Wookiee battle, Chancellor Palpatine transforming into the shrouded Emperor, and the duel between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

See the animated covers at StarWars.com:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/publicity/news20050426.html

More info available at the TV Guide Star Wars site:

http://www.tvguide.com/special/starwars/

JMD

15. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

At Kohl's Action Figures are 5.00 and they have 1 thru 40 already. However I was there for shoes.

16. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    Thanks for the Kohl's info! That is a significant savings.

BTW, why in the world are you wasting your money on shoes when you could be buying delicious Star Wars m&m's?

:)

JMD

17. ToneLoc

May 16, 2002
    They are so good, we have the M&M's here too.

18. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

M&M's rock, but these are the shoes I wear to work. I walked in the woods Saturday with my work shoes and then painted on Sunday. My wife was so impressed

19. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    So, to keep up with the money-sucking-vortex that is Star Wars, any speculation on future DVD disc sets?

No doubt we'll see ROTS on DVD come Christmas, or such. Then what? The 'Prequel Trilogy' boxset? And then, the 'Star Wars Saga' boxset?

This is by no means a complaint. I'll be happy to own each set (including whatever enhancements Lucas makes upon each release). I just hope they each will include more special goodies.

Anyone even heard an inkling of a rumor regarding this?

Of course, we will also have the 3D versions coming out. Oh, and then there will the '30th Anniversary Edition'. :)

JMD

20. darthvader2570

darthvader2570 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm back, and figure I should go ahead and post in here since it is what I do the most of. I already have figures 1-36 (along with most major variants such as the blue/red saber #35 Palpatines). I will definetly be hitting up Kohls tomorrow on my way to pick up the soundtrack from Best Buy (which is where I work). Thanks for the heads up.

21. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    We went to Target Friday night (Main St) and they still have the gift cards, but you have to ask for them. We got Aiden a light saber, but now we need to get Jacen one, because they keep fighting over it. Who would've guessed a light saber would be a 1-year-old's favorite toy... uh, I guess with his name being Jacen, it should be a given though, right?

22. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Was at Walmart at 6:30AM to score a soundtrack and they didn't have it yet so saw figures for 5.49 today not bad

23. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    DarthVader2570, that is great please give a run-down of your collection, Thanks

24. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    I was surprised, I was going to get Jacen a light saber today while grocery shopping and Meijer doesn't seem to carry them. What's up with that. I was trying to save a trip to another store.

25. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    "The Dark Side I sense in Meijer."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.