main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN SW goodies and collectables

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediMasterDerek, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterDerek

JediMasterDerek Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2005
    Did you get one?

JMD

2. vaderisone

vaderisone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002

I am still contiplating but very close to pulling the trigger.

Today I secured Aylla Secura at Target in addition to 2 variations of the Wookie Warrior and a must have for all SW fans a Darth Vader lawn sprinkler.

3. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    I didn't realize there were variations available for the Wookiee. That means there are five different Wookiee action figures available from the Hasbro ROTS line: Chewbacca (5), Wookiee Warrior (Sneak Preview), Wookiee Warrior (43 - light), Wookiee Warrior (43 - dark), and Tarfful (25). (As found on rebelscum.com)

Yes, spray your lawn with the Dark Side. :)

In other money sucking news, Hasbro and M&Ms are releasing M&M figures dressed as SW characters:
    http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.0F611836-D56F-E112-45E0E061819519ED/default.cfm

These actually look neat! I wouldn't mind getting them as well. (Guess that means I'm on my way to the 5400 club :).

JMD

4. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Yes, those figures do look good.

In continuing news the giant pez containers can also be secured at Bed Bath and Beyond. I hope to do some recon tomorrow and check it out.

5. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    Did you get the Star Wars slip-n-slide, too? It'd match your Vader sprinkler real nice.

JMD

6. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Very close to pulling the trigger but my head was still spinning fromt the SW bean bag, kid's captain chair, several different towel with bags all at 9.99 each at Target

7. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    It's amazing the crap we'll buy if it has "Star Wars" stamped on it. :)

I'm going to save my pennies (dollars, tens, and twenties) for the action figures (mostly). I'm debating on pre-ordering the 500th Vader and the Clonetrooper Evolution pack.

I think you've infected me, VIO. I can see where the obsessive collector behavior can come from. I find myself flipping through all the action figures every time I'm at a store now - just hoping to find that hard to find or just released one.

:)

JMD

8. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

I have gotten better about not impulse buying (yeah like the Vader sprinkler and I didn't even mention that we have an inground sprinkler) on action figures. But right now there is just so much, I just hauled down 4 more different cereal boxes to go in the collection

9. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    Are you eating the cereal or is it too ending up with the box in the treasure chest?

I've bought two boxes of the cereal and have the Yoda and Vader, but I removed the cereal and fed it to my kids. :)

JMD

10. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

I now take the food out, I realize that I am altering the product but too many times have I had problems storing food items and they go on to leak and wreck other items in my collection

11. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    I also bought the SW Pop-Tarts - saving the box, eating the tarts.

Yeah, you don't want mice chewing on your Darth Tater. :)

JMD

12. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Yes, pop tarts, and don't forget Kudos, and Cheese It's.

Update:
    1. At the Code 3 collectible site the 3D posters are sold out except for a few ROTJ. However you can still order them at Walmart.com for 72.49 each. Don't ask, I have no idea how you can get them there.

2.Giant Pez dispensers....Recently reports have come in about all 4 available dispensers available at Bed Bath and Beyond. I went to the one on Day Road today and can confirm it is not available there. A search of the surrounding star systems is now underway.

3. Sam Goode....Yes, I did make the trip to Concord Mall this AM for a rumor of potential Giant Mini
    Busts going for less than $30 however none were available. I did secure some Clone War Action Figures for 5.24 each.

13. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

How about collecting this 6 ball set and speciality bag? Is there an end to the madness. However it might be fun to have a bowling league. Click the link

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20050527.html

14. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    Cool. I wouldn't mind doing a bowling event for a summer get-together.

In other news, here's a post on the exclusive SW action figure available at the San Diego ComicCon:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/shop/shopnews/news20050531.html

They're doing this one right. You order it online and can just pick it up at the show. I hope they do this in a similar fashion for Celebration IV.

JMD

15. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Boy it has taken some time for someone with half a brain to get it done right. Now I wish I knew someone out in San Diego to get the job done and aquire action figures

16. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    I swore I seen a Galactic Heros Gen. Grev. figure but I can not find it online at Hasbro. Was I loosing my mind when I thought I saw it?

17. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

You are correct my Padawan learner and in fact I have been searching for it for your wife who wants it as her prize for the posting contest several weeks ago.

18. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Here is a link to the M&M SW Buddy line to be released later this summer. But at 11.99 each that is steep for a stuffed animal.

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=93122

19. darthvader2570

darthvader2570 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    I know someone was looking for the Gentle Giant mini busts, and I saw a couple today. I saw the Luke and IG-88 at Media Play on Grape Rd. The Luke one was marked like 40.99 and was 25% off, while the IG-88 was just 40.99 (didn't look like it had a % off). Just thought I would pass this along. Also, if someone sees the new Unleashed figures anywhere, or the evolution sets, or any figures about 45, please let me know, and I'll do the same.

20. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    I seen the Anakin and ObiWan Unleashed at Meijer on Grape Road last week. I love those figure, just out of my budget to purchase them. I really like the Gen.G figure. I just looked them up online, there are tons of them you don't see in the store, Han, the Vaders, all kinds.

21. darthvader2570

darthvader2570 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    I really shouldn't be buying them since I need money for Notre Dame in the fall, but I do anyway. Some of the older unleashed (Yoda, Maul, Etc...) can go for like $75.00 on ebay.

22. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

I picked up the Griveous figure a week ago at Sam Goode for 14.50 at the Concord Mall, I was looking for other stuff. They also had Obi-Wan. No mark down on the items. Thanks for the update on mini busts. I will try to update you on any info. I know that Buymetoys.com has Aayla Secura and Bossk Unleased Figures

23. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Meijer on Portage has had Aayla, each time I've been there.

(BDZ and I sound like we go to lots of places, don't we? This Meijer, that meijer... lol)

24. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    WOBDZ: That's fine. Just be certain to always look at the SW toys while at each Meijer so you can report back to the board what is available. :)

I did buy the Aayla Secura Unleashed from the Meijer on 331. Cool figure.

JMD

25. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Morning Store Report 6/8/05

Meijer Grape Road....Total bust, they are currently removing racks and cleaning floors this am. I couldn't even find the Hasbro Star Wars Toys today. I did see older Playskool line stuff and Lego's but no sales.

Walmart (Main).....They had Obi-Wan and Anakin Unleashed but not one box was in good condition. No evolution sets and no figures over 43

Target (Main)....No Unleashed and no evolution sets. No figures over 44. Overall quality much better than what is seen at Walmart

Later today or tomorrow I will have another round of updated reports

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.