main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI SW Hockeytown Cafe - Party Thread of the Detroit FCC

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi-mind-trick, Jul 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    The Toledo exhibit was a lot of fun, a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I did get a picture of Chewbacca, but none with a girl in the photo ;)

My favorite costumes were the TIE Fighter Pilot, Boba Fett, and of course, the royal guard :D

What are you guys doing for New Years?

2. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Well, I am not going to tell you what I did outright, Royalguard, but I will tell you that today, the day after New Year's, I am in need of some aspirin and a large ice pack. :p ;)

You?

3. Master_Domtis

Master_Domtis Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    you know, I shouldn't say it, but i'm going to, if you want to keep a social thread alive, your're going to have to post more than once a month... :) .

I'm getting to like this idea of chatting with other fans from my home state...(I can be in this, right? I mean, I moved awhile ago, but am still a Michigander at heart... :)

4. Master_Domtis

Dec 2, 2001
    Over a month again... :)

5. Master_Domtis

Dec 2, 2001
    you know, this would be really neat if we could get this going...

6. Master_Domtis

Dec 2, 2001
    4/9/02...

I'll just leave this little piece of history that we may just look at three years from now and think, wow, to think we survived the wait..... :)

36 days
    5.1428571 weeks
    864 hours
    51840 minutes
    3110400 seconds

till ep II.

7. Master_Domtis

Dec 2, 2001
    um.....

9 days
    1.285714286 weeks
    216 hours
    12960 minutes
    777600 seconds

8. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    ...are you checking the other threads in here? Or just this one?

9. Master_Domtis

Dec 2, 2001
    I've been hanging around here since my first post in this thread.....mostly as a lurker, but you'll see me around. :)

I'd be a lot more active if I still lived there. I guess hanging around here is my way of hanging on to Michigan.

10. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Hi M_D. Are you coming to our meeting on Saturday? Did you go to Celebration II? Bought any of the new books and figures? Plenty to talk about with your fellow Detroiters :) So please join in the fun we're having around here! We have Idgie's dramatic trailers, Sword Chick's newly found driving skill and Mirax's singing voice. As for me, my talents aren't worth much of a mention :p

11. Master_Domtis

Dec 2, 2001
    I wish I could come to meeting royalguard96 ... It would kind of be an expensive hobby though.... :(

EDIT: but nonetheless, I'd love to get to know people around here, :)

12. Master_Domtis

Dec 2, 2001
    well I'm going to go for now, there's a "live from skywalker ranch" on CNN in about 15 minutes... (8:00)

I'll be sure to post more ofter instead of sitting around as a lurker.... :D

bye!

13. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Was there a get to know you thread in here? You know, where people put their ages, hometowns, stuff like that? Hmmm...anyway, where do you live now, M_D? I think a lot of people that live here would be surprised to hear you actually want to hang on to this place! LOL Although I do like living here a lot. Man, only 9 more days until the movie opens!!! If I wasn't t work I'd be giddy with anticipation :)

14. Master_Domtis

Dec 2, 2001
    guard: I now live in south florida....I promise you, it's a nice place to visit but you really don't want to live here.

If you look back at some of the older get-to-know-you thread, I'm in there...I guess I kind of dropped out as my school work increased. Especially over the last month. (I came down here for collage. That's why it wasn't entirely my choice of area, just school.) I'd love to at least move back up north...seasons, good drivers, (no offense to anyone that is) [face_blush]

I know, I'm giddy too....have been for about a week. Before then I was just excited. I guess I'd almost forgotten already what it had been like three years ago. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.