Rocky M, NC SW Holiday Special Appreciation (?) Thread

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by joe-da, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahhhhh.... 1978. I remember rushing my folks home from a shopping trip in time to watch the "Holiday Special" on TV. So I was young and foolish.... I wanted to see Star Wars on TV.

The "highlights" for me - and the only highlights - were seeing other Wookiees, the clips with the original cast members (I didn't care at the time that Leia was perhaps "stoned"), the short clips from the movie (there was only one at the time, and it was NOT "Episode IV") - especially one Mos Eisley scene that was cut from the movie - AND.... the cartoon.

Yes, the VERY FIRST appearance of Boba Fett...even earlier than the comic strip version in newspapers. The R2, 3PO, Leia, Luke, Han, Chewie, Vader, all were performed by the actors from the movie....or the sound bytes from the movie in the case of Artoo and Chewie.

So, the Star Wars Holiday Special: 90% rubbish, 5% commercials, 5% grooviness.

Any thoughts?
  2. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Yeah, but that 90% rubbish was some HARDCORE rubbish. I swear watching that thing gave me a migraine. :( I can see why George Lucas wants to smash every copy with a hammer. Oh, the pain! ;)
  3. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Joe, I'm just sorry your copy doesn't contain the commercials. There were some classics. "Tobor is robot spelled backwards!"
  4. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Jeez, you're up early, Entropy!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.