main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary SW in Concert....REACTIONS!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by red-dwarf, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    I just wanted to post while everybody else is still watching the show...just be 'awesome'........or a 'loser', whichever way you see it.

Anyway, I thought it was a great show. A lot of fun, and a few moments that had me with my mouth wide open in awe...not a pretty sight.

I enjoyed the fact that they didn't just re-create scenes from the films but created montages based on characters or themes.

I thought Chewwy and Solo should have had more recognition, but then the sections were more about characters or events that are part of, or have an effect on, all six films.

The falcon was mentioned, but I would have still liked to see a Chewwy and Solo piece. They are materially important in IV, V and VI. They do save Lukes life after all. 'That's two you owe me junior.'

Anthony Daniels hammed it up (as ever.)He really enjoys himself when it comes to SW events. He's a great fan friendly person.

Just going by the TV commercials I was expecting more lasers, but were they restricted by venue size or was it just clever advertising (as usual)?

Finally......it is easy to forget the power of the films when you haven't seen them BIG for a while.....even the 'crap' bits are good. I THOUGHT THE WHOLE THING WAS SENSATIONAL AND GLAD I DIDN'T MISS IT.

What does everyone else think?
    Vinny

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    It totally blew me away. I have never heard the dome sound so good. When the intermission hit, I was like they just started keep going. But then realized it had been 40 minutes already. The light and lasers were great effects. That Screen is amazing. I want one. I was hoping there was more props as shown in the program but all in all it was one of the best nights at the dome ever.

3. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Agreed! Simply fantastic show! There were a few spots that had me a teary eyed [face_worried] ... the music still evokes a very strong emotional response from me. I wanted MORE!!
    Vinny - I think you're right - I think the laser show was restricted by the size of the dome. They probably couldn't set up the rigging because the roof wasn't high enough.

Han and Chewie did deserve a bit more recognition but I think they focused on the Skywalker family - since thats who the saga revolves around.

Absolutely spectacular!!

I really wish I could drive to Edmonton to see it again tonight.....:_|

4. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    The show was AMAZING!!! last night everything about it totally awesome from the props to the screen, awesome was all around. The orchestra was unbeleivable and hearing the music live is an experience all it's own and like echo said brings out the emotions. From the begining to the end of the show I had nothing but chills running through my body as the hits kept on coming. Every piece of music I wanted to hear was played and seeing the images on screen to go with that awesome.

The screen was crazy and seeing the films in HD was an experience in itself, I mean look at how awesome Yoda looked in the Duel of the Fates. The lighting effects for each piece of music also really set the mood like during Battle of Heroes with the Mustafar background. Anthony Dainels was the perfect host for this show as he had such presents on stage and being in all 6 films helps too.

Just an experience I won't soon forget and like echo said I'm kind of sad I'm not going to Edmonton tonight to watch it again. But with any luck possible at C5 or if the show comes close to Alberta I'd definently attend as this was one of the best Star Wars experiences out there.

5. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    From my expereinces here in Edmonton the lasers were only used in a few battle scenes. Anthony was great I loved how he went on about 3PO til the conductor kinda eyed him . Hearing battle of Heros and Duel of the Fates live was something truely awesome for me. LOTS of costumes both 501 RL and kids and families from home, Place was packed and the props were pretty cool too though Kit Fisto looked he needed a redressing and tabbards. Their encore of the Imperial March for the second time was truely great and a wonderful program.

6. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Vinny - this is the cover of the ROTS CD, with the bonus DVD video montages seen at the show:

www.amazon.ca/Star-Wars-Episode-III-Revenge/dp/B000850IS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1277738362&sr=1-1

You can see the blurb about the DVD video at the bottom - and these are still available for purchase.

7. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Yeah this dvd is great and a must have in your Star Wars music collection and there is an audio CD of the dvd released also. I believe it was a Target or Wal-Mart US exclusive when the ROTS dvd was released, but these should be easy to find on ebay. Most sellers call it a Star Wars greatest hits cd but just look under music and it should pop up.

8. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    Echo 7.
    I actually came on lonie to ask you which version it is so I can order the right one, and there you are giving me the link before I ask for it!!!!!!!!!!

The Forced is truly at work.
    thanks, I've just ordered it.
    Vinny

9. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I even have this DVD with out the talking and just the music. Hmmm The life of a pirate HAR HAR.

10. PADAWAN-JOHN68

PADAWAN-JOHN68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2008
    Just to let every body know that there is no words to discribe what I felt when we went to see the concert for the first time in my life.
    I was the greates feeling I had this is one thing I will never forget and Antoni Daniels
    What a professional flawless in what he did And how he told the Star Wars story if I could see it again I would not think twice about it the props were awsome.
    Had The best time

11. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Another great cd to add to any music collection is the Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Ultimate Collection which features every piece of music from the film. It's a 2-disc set and is unbelievible soundtrack pick it up if you don't already have it.

12. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I too own it and it's great I wish theyd do the same for Clones and Sith

13. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    There was a Ultimate Edition for AOTC scheduled but was scrapped as Sony felt the TPM soundtrack didn't sell as well as expected, maybe someday.

14. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I agree, an AOTC and ROTS one would be nice to add to the 2 disk OT sets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.