main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA SW in Concert Reviews

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Here's a link to lots of links reviewing the concert.

I had a very nice time at the concert. The music was incredible, very well played and as always, sounds just amazing when performed live. Anthony Daniels was a good host, enthusiastic and entertaining. Lasers weren't really that much, just green lines that occasionally made geometric shapes on the dome. (Carnegie Science Center laser shows are much more impressive). However, the jets of fire from the edge of the stage was a nice addition to the Mustafa fight scene.

My only real criticism was that the clips used, while well co-ordinated with the music, often did not fit well with the theme description given by Anthony Daniels before they were shown. For example, after a long introduction about the Millienum Falcon, a great deal of the film clips were ship battles from the prequel films. In the Return of the Jedi Ewok battle theme, there was a great deal of Gungan battle scenes from EpI. It was almost like the people who put together the movie clips were given the music, all six movies, and entirely different theme topics than the script that Daniels was given to read. Overall, this is just a minor complaint, as the clips themselves were very well co-ordinated with the music, even if they didn't co-ordinate well with Daniels' remarks introducing them.

There weren't that many props to look at, just a few costumes, some blasters and helmets. I was also surprised at how few 501st we saw. Just two stormtroopers. Perhaps that was just where we were located.

It was a fanstastic evening. My 11 year old niece also had a great time. I'm very glad I had the opportunity to go. I also now want to go back and rewatch the OT. Seeing the various clips reminded me of all the great scenes in those movies. time for an OT Marathon!

2. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    i hope the show will be released on cd. theres something about a live performance as opposed to a studio one that i like

i had just watched the music vids on the dvd included with the RotS score, a lot of the vids were the same or similar to that. my only gripe

the flashpots were sweet. and Anthonys gold vest :)

3. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I spotted you at one point greencat! I think it was during intermission.

The 501st & RL was limited to 20 spots so we only had 16 characters plus handlers.
    We were asked primarily to be out during the pre-show as there wasn't enough time during the 20 minute intermission to get from our seats to the changing room, suit back up and back down to get back to our seats again. A couple guys kept their armor on though so those may have been the ones you saw during intermission.

The costume/prop cases were really spread out, so you may have only seen one or 2 of the sections (I think there were 3 spots with cases along the concourse).

~Doc_Bev

4. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    i posted my pics from the concert.

i have to renew my flickr status, so i cant put them together in a nice neat folder like i usually do. they start down at the bottom of this page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/genin-x/page2/

5. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    I totally agree with you Greencat especially when they talked about the Millenium Falcon I thought "why are they showing young Anakin's pod race again!"

Beautiful music! Love the chorus! I sometimes forgot they were live.Would have liked to have seen the orchestra during the Canteena songs.

Here's our pics

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.