main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Insider #59.... missing pages?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Syntax, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Hmm... I check the mail today, and there's my copy of Insider #59. I scramble to tear open the plastic wrap on it, dash up to my room, and breeze through the issue, not really reading much of anything. I then go back to the table of contents, and see the Rogue Squadron article is on page 52 or something. I flip to it... and it's not there. I check the page numbers. I've got page 50 (the end of the Mark Hamill article), then 51 (the Jango Fett/Zam Wesell comic ad), then.. 68? That's right, the next page in my issue is 68, the tail end of the Lucy Autrey Wilson article. I check the binding, to see if the pages were torn out, and nope; they simply aren't *there*.
    Um.. what do I do? I called one of my friends, who's also a subscriber, and his was *not* missing the pages. I mean, should I complain to the company? I plan on just borrowing his issue and reading the missing pages, so it's not TOO big of a deal.
    Did this happen to anyone else, or am I just "special"?

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    I'd complain to the company.

3. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    oh, I'm sorry syntax! that's depressing!

4. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Valiento:
    How, exactly, would I do that? Post something at TOS, Email SWInsider, call 'em on some phone number... what?

Jedi_Jaina_Durron:

You're telling me! I'm a huge Rogue Squadron nut, and I'd been looking forward to reading that article since it was announced, back in Insider #58.

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Call their phone number, it should be on the subscription notice or on the credit page.

6. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Hmm.. I'll do that. Thanks for the help. I'd be WAY more pissed off about this if I didn't have a friend at school who's a subscriber, and is bringing his issue tomorrow so I can borrow it. :)

7. Skylark

Skylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Wow, if you were in my shoes, you'd go insane. I don't think anybody at my school subscribes at all, and all my friends give me these chastising looks when I start to rave about NJO or coming on to this site even. Though my best friend will talk YJK with me. Don't even ask me why she considers that and not NJO kosher.

8. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Well, I only have a handful of friends who are die-hard SW nuts (well.. 1, really. The one who subscribes, as well). Other than that, the others have passing knowledge of the Original Trilogy, and plan on seeing Ep2 on opening day with me (I'm organizing a massive party and such. :)). I don't go rambling about SW to anyone and everyone I see, either, so my friends think I'm (relatively) sane. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.