main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Insider Issue 57, Rebel Rumblings page 91

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Jan 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I am going to type up something that a fan wrote to SW:I Rebel Rumblings and for those Imperial fans out there, beware it will anger you.

Eric S of Fredericksburg, VA writes:

For a little over a year and a half now, I have stood by and watched as Star Wars Insider has shown bias toward the pathetic New Republic.

This column, for one, is called "Rebel Rumblings"; there's also a column written by a malfuctioning 2-1B medical droid, yet there is still no column written by a surviving member of the 181st TIE Fighter Squadron, or Admiral Pellaeon of the Imperial Remnant; no game to coincide with "Rogue Squadron" called "The 181st"; and no books based on the restructuring of the Imperial Remnant after the death of our beloved Emperor Palpatine.

If you could take this under advisement to place a column in your magazine strictly for Imperial loyalists, and pass the word on to LucasArts, Dark Horse Comics, and maybe even George Lucas himself that there are those of use who are still loyal to the Empire and would like to have some recognition.

Rebe Rumblings response:

If there's anything we can't stand, its a poor loser. Despite its admittedly superior fashion sense, the late Empire is, after all, the late Empire.

Still, the ashes of the once-mighty power could make for some interesting historical analysis. Maybe we can do a retrospective titled "Notable Imperial Losses to Vastly Outnumbered Rebel Forces," or "Classic Blunders of the Bloated and Overconfident Imperial Navy." Ooh, I know! How about "Famous Last Words of Lord Vader's Favorite Admirals?" Losers!
    --------------

[sarcasm]Yeah so what if we are losers![/sarcasm] That was uncalled for!! Bloody rebel symphathizer!!!!

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Yes I read that too, Insider's just for those movie freaks really. Try gamer.

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    The guy wrote to SWI nicely and he gets a retort for a response. I dont care if SWI is for the movies or not, they didnt have to reply to him like that.

So thats how it is than up in Lucasfilm and such? A bunch of Rebel Sympathizers? Man they better not hire me when I get done with college in art and graphics and writing! Cause I am 100% Imperial and I shall stick my Darth Maul bank, ISD model, Darth Vader and Stormtrooper epique statue on my desk in my office of whatever Lucas building and hum the Imperial March until the bloody rebels kick me out!!!

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!

4. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Yeah I agree

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Crikey, star wars, is fiction, get a life.

Reminds me of a bunch of nazi loyalists, arguing with, the equaly pathetic militia patriot groups(mcveigh). Really quite annoying really.

6. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    The point is, Valiento, that they could have at least been civil with the writer. There are many Imperials out there who would buy that magazine just to read that article.

Plus, I wouldn't be saying get a life, Mr. Star Wars dictionary.

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    So what if it is fiction...it still doesnt not hurt to have some Imperial stuff for the fans besides the toys.

EDIT: LOL@Palpatineson

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "There are many Imperials out there who would buy that magazine just to read that article."

Ahem, people who think they are imperials, muahahhaha. I certainly don't believe I am a star wars character or faction, thank you very much.

"Plus, I wouldn't be saying get a life, Mr. Star Wars dictionary."

I enjoy star wars from an objective approach as an interesting source of fiction of interesting characters, in actuality. Just because I know alot of stuff(and I admit I don't know everything, don't assume that I do), I don't take sides, or believe I am some star wars faction.

That is imho dellusional and not having a life. I infact just read star wars as a hobbie, but have many more things that take up my time, thank you very much. Things that are much more important than acting like I am someone who is a part of the star wars universe. I know how to seperate fact from fiction.

9. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    several of the books are written from a neutral stance and not from rebel point of view. I just read paradise snare, it was written from a point of view, and characterization of an young han who wanted to be a loyal imperial.

There are short stories about imperial characters in which they show there side of the story.

There are games Tiefighter, and the stele chronicles. Written from the imperials side of the conflict.

Indeed most things aren't "Rebel" written. Only a few things are most definatly rebel propaganda. There are things that are written from imperial side that are indeed "imperial propaganda" it works both ways, you just have to know were to look.

10. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    I don't think that I'm part of a star wars faction, but I do take sides in the war.

People out there can get a little fanatical and actually start to think that they're part of the GFFA, but that's because they have gone completely insane.

I just think that the empire was a better system of government and had better weaponry, so I side with them. Plus, I always like the bad guy.

11. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Cmdr. Mitty...

Don't get your panties all in a bunch. The guy had to be a fake for one extremely obvious point...

"Pellaeon of the Imperial Remnant... and no books based on the restructuring of the Imperial Remnant after the death of our beloved Emperor Palpatine"

No self-respecting Imperial-sympathizer would ever refer to their glorious Empire as the Rebel-propoganda-described, "Imperial Remnant."

SWI obviously saw through his obvious ruse and dealt with the person appropriately.

(And yes, the guy does indeed need to get a life.)

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "People out there can get a little fanatical and actually start to think that they're part of the GFFA, but that's because they have gone completely insane."

I assume those are the kinda of people you mentioned when you said, "There are many Imperials out there who would buy that magazine just to read that article."

"I just think that the empire was a better system of government and had better weaponry, so I side with them. Plus, I always like the bad guy."

Many have said the same thing about the nazis. If you read the stories written from the neutral stance such as stele chronicles, or The holiday special, or even han's imperial loyaltism in paradise snare, you will learn how much they are like the nazis and other Totaltarian regimes.

I guess from your comment when you watched indiana jones you liked the bad guys, ;).

The thing is very few books were written from a rebel propaganda 1st person, stand point, most books talk from a omncient oberver standpoint, jumping around in people's heads, and we learn about the thoughts and quotes from a variety of characters, rebel and imperial.

I find it rediculous when people have to resort to calling them Rebel Propaganda, or people Stupid Rebels, when something disagrees with the view they want of the universe. I guess people even call lucas a stupid rebel, ;)(Infact lucas said once in an interview he strongly based the empire off of Hitler and the nazis).

What is the point? It's just a story, and much of the story is taken from historical events, or even other literature, but twisted around to have that fantasy/scifi feel.

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    um didnt Pellaeon call it the Imperial Remnant as well? I think he did at least once or twice in a couple books...either Zahn's duology or the NJO ones. I think some other Imp characters called it that too.

Anyway it doesnt matter what an Imperial fan calls. Heck i call it the IR too and Im Imp.

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "um didnt Pellaeon call it the Imperial Remnant as well? I think he did at least once or twice in a couple books...either Zahn's duology or the NJO ones. I think some other Imp characters called it that too."

I don't know actually, anyone want to check?

"People out there can get a little fanatical and actually start to think that they're part of the GFFA, but that's because they have gone completely insane."

I assume CmdrMitt...(is one of those kind of people palpatine's son mentioned), when he said, "Heck i call it the IR too and Im Imp."

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Another thing I have to say is man, the NR goverment is pathetic, not even lasting 100 years before being destroyed.

I guess the authors didn't like the goverment either, ;).

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    When I meant by "Im Imp" is that I am a fan of the Imperials...not that I believe that I am one. Eesh.

I'm glad the NR is getting their arse kicked! They have always been a pathetic excuse for a government. But, I'll leave that for a NR/Reb vs IR/GE debate thread.

17. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Val and his Nazis, lol!

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "When I meant by "Im Imp" is that I am a fan of the Imperials...not that I believe that I am one. Eesh."

Hmm, could have fooled me with such comments as,

"So thats how it is than up in Lucasfilm and such? A bunch of Rebel Sympathizers? Man they better not hire me when I get done with college in art and graphics and writing! Cause I am 100% Imperial and I shall stick my Darth Maul bank, ISD model, Darth Vader and Stormtrooper epique statue on my desk in my office of whatever Lucas building and hum the Imperial March until the bloody rebels kick me out!!!

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!"

;), :D.

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    LOL There's nothing wrong going around humming your favorite piece of music and displaying your Star Wars collection. (Btw, Maul isnt Imperial! 8-} )

I just strongly support the Imperial side thats all! I dont go around dressed like one, saluting every officer I see. Like some people I know. The most I have ever done in being an Imperial was dress up as one for the SW movies and I only did that once, mind you.

I am a very big Imperial fan, okay. Nothing more, nothing less.

And as a Dilbert stickypad would say "I do have a life. I keep it here in this cubicle." :D

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, if your just an imperial fan(nothing wrong with that), you can't go around accusing other people of being "rebel or rebel sympathizors", or as writing down, "rebel propaganda" as if they were living in delusions of another world, which I doubt most are.

Since most people just write a book for a living from the stance of a omnicient observor, not an existing entity.

This androgenous observer which lets us into the thoughts of peoples minds, both imperial, neutral, or rebel, or otherwise, has no emotion, and there for can't be creating rebel propaganda(because we know what the imperials are thinking, from there own words and comments).

It works both ways. you know. To discredit someone's thoughts as being false by accusing them of existing as part of some faction, falls under the category of an ad hominem fallacy.

21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Well that Rebel Rumblings editor was one! :D

Or a jerk

22. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Probably the latter, ;). I've noticed that about editors recently.

23. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Anyone else notice Val and Mitth are the only one having this conversation right now.

24. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    "The guy wrote to SWI nicely and he gets a retort for a response."

But it wasn't that bad. And it was funny. SWI is doing pretty good right now, better than its final days before Wizards took over. Hundreds of other magazines have said worse towards letters that they print. And its all in the name of humor.

25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I dont find it funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.