main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sw/LOTR crossover; for those who dream of going to Middle Earth

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadawanofQui-Gon, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanofQui-Gon

PadawanofQui-Gon Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2003
    Chapter I

Raewn Sarpaetius drummed her fingers on her desk: tap-tap, tap-tap, tap-tap. The delivery of spice was supposed to have arrived six hours ago, her parents had been away two hours more than they had said they would be, and she was stuck at the house, in her room at her desk, balancing her parent's checkbook.

She heaved an exasperated sigh and scratched her vornskr Vie's head with the tip of the toes of her right foot. Vie lifted his head and gave a bone rattling purr.

"You haven't forgotten me have you Vie?"

Vie purred even louder.

Then there was the welcome sound of the spice ship docking.

The crew delivered the spice as the captain whose name was Ivad handed her a clipboard that held the information on the amount of spice.

Raewn read it thoroughly and then nodded to Ivad. "Looks good. Why are you late?"

"We ran into pirates."

Raewn snorted. "I wish something would happen to me, my life is so dull here."

Ivad smiled. "Be careful what you wish for out here, you just might get it."

Raewn rolled her eyes. "Oh puh-lease. You don't expect me to believe that ridiculous superstition do you?"

Ivad shrugged. "You can believe whatever you want but do not doubt for one moment the things that can happen out here."

After Ivad and his fellow smugglers had left Raewn took a long bubble bath and then put on her favorite music Under the Stars of the Forest and lit pine and sandal wood sented candels.

"Good night Vie." She ran her fingers through his thick brown fur.

Vie purred loudly and curled up on her stomach.

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    This is really interesting. Please continue. :)

3. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Good start!

The names were very original. Raewn Sarpaetius, Vie, Ivad

Vornskr?I?m sure this is something from the EU, related to the Vong I think. What does it look like?

You got in that classic starwars smuggling feel with words like spice, and pirate encounters.

Under the Stars of the Forest?..liked this too.

Looking forward to more.

4. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Vornskr?I?m sure this is something from the EU, related to the Vong I think. What does it look like?

Vornskrs are not related to the Vong as far as I know. It describes them in Heir to the Empire as tiger like predators, sleek and agile, and very excellent sense of smell and hearing. I have no idea how they look.

Chapter II

Raewn woke the next the morning with a slightly fuzzy head.

The first thing she noticed odd about her room was that there was a dressing table against a wall with a large mirror that had the most ornate frame she had ever seen.

Did mom and dad go shopping or something like that? She wondered as she sat up.

She then noticed she lay in a bed of white silk and her floor was not carpeted but stone.

Okay, this is getting freaky.

She got out of bed and walked slowly over to the mirror.

She was shocked by what she saw. Her golden hair was clear down to her elbows, she wore some kind of beautifully woven nightgown, and to her greatest shock she had pointed ears.

I'm.... I'm.... I'm an elf.

"Vie? Vie!"

Vie to her relief came walking nonchalantly into the room.

"Vie, where are we?"

Vie cackle/purred.

"Some place? That's alot of help."

Vie cackle/purred forlornly.

"It's not your fault." She patted his head. "I wished for something to happen to me and now I'm an elf." She discovered a wardrobe filled with elven gowns and cried out with delight. "I am Raewn of the elves! Oh Vie! I feel like I have lived here my whole life!"

Vie grumbled.

"Yes perhaps I have." Knowledge hit her. "Vie, I'm 2,929 years old, I look like I'm twenty, and I'm immortal!"

Vie growled.

"Yes I know vornskrs are immortal too but I will have to get used to this whole elven thing. Not that I want to go back," she added quickly. "I have a feeling I will love this life better than my old one."

She was eventually able to choose a gown from the innumerable amount of choices and dressed.

Vie purred an approvalwhen she came out from her dressing chamber.

Raewn curtsied. "Thatnk you kind sir. Shall we explore our new home?"

Vie snarled.

"Then let us go."

So the duo set out from their room to explore their new home.

5. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    nice continuation.

to her greatest shock she had pointed ears....very unexpected indeed.

This tale is very mysterious......"Yes perhaps I have." Knowledge hit her. "Vie, I'm 2,929 years old, I look like I'm twenty, and I'm immortal!"

How did she realize this?

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great update! :) You have a great pace going. :)

7. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Thank you two for your support! It means alot to express my ideas! :D

How did she realize this?

The knowledge just came to her.... like Harry from The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley. If you haven't read that book I would highly recommend you do, it's good.

Chapter III

As Raewn and Vie walked along the terraces over a loud-flowing river, more knowledge came to Raewn.

"This river we are standing over is called Bruinen."

The golden sunlight slanted through the richly carved pillars as Raewn and Vie desended down sunlight lit stone steps.

At the bottom level that was level with the pine-woods of the beautiful valley there was a mural of a man wearing armor, on his back, propped up on his elbow, holding a broken sword, and standing in front of him was a being in full armor, holding a simitaur in one armored hand, and a golden ring on the finger of his other armored hand.

Across from the mural was a carved figure of a woman holding a tray that held shards of a broken sword.

"The shards of Narsil, the sword of the King."

Vie purred almost too softly to hear.

"Isildur's sword." A voice behind her said.

She turned to see an elf woman with black hair that fell in graceful waves to her elbows and blue eyes.

"Tinúviel?"

The other elf smiled. "Some call me that but I am Arwen, daughter of Elrond."

"I am Raewn."

The two elves talked for some time, walking through the breath taking pine-woods of the beautiful valley and became fast friends.

A bell sounded through the valley.

Arwen looked in the direction of the bell. "I must go see what that was all about, it was goo to meet you Raewn."

"It was good to meet you too Arwen."

After Arwen left Raewn walked among the pine-woods with Vie at her side.

Elvish music and singing could be heard through out the valley and there was the slight roar of the far off Bruinen as the golden sunlight filtered through the trees, beyond any doubt, this was the most peaceful place Raewn had ever seen.

"Rivendell." She breathed. It was the only proper name for such a glorious place. "Rivendell."

8. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Nice description:

At the bottom level that was level with the pine-woods of the beautiful valley there was a mural of a man wearing armor, on his back, propped up on his elbow, holding a broken sword, and standing in front of him was a being in full armor, holding a simitaur in one armored hand, and a golden ring on the finger of his other armored hand.

Great paragraph:

Elvish music and singing could be heard through out the valley and there was the slight roar of the far off Bruinen as the golden sunlight filtered through the trees, beyond any doubt, this was the most peaceful place Raewn had ever seen.

Cool how she first thought Arwen was Tinuviel.

9. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    I thought you might enjoy that :D .

Chapter IV

After a while Raewn walked back to the house of Elrond to find Arwen saddling Asfaloth.

"Where are you going?" Raewn asked her.

"To look for a company that should have arrived today."

"Be careful."

"I will." Arwen swung on to her faitful horse. "Noro lim Asfaloth, noro lim."

Raewn watched her new found friend ride off into the distance.

she went inside to the great library where there were rows and rows of books.

She pulled a book from the shelf and began to read.

Sauron and the Rings of Power.

The Elven-smiths of Eregion had a friendship with Moria, and their eagerness for knowledge is how Sauron ensnared them. In that time Sauron was not yet evil to behold, and they received his aid and grew mighty in craft, whereas he learned all their secrets and betrayed them, and forged secretly in the Mountain of Fire the One Ring to be their master. But Celebrimbor was aware of him, and hid the Three which he had made; and there was war, and the land was laid waste, and the gate of Moria was shut.

Númenor rose in glory and fell, and the Kings of Men returned to Middle-earth out of the deeps of the Sea. Then Elendil the Tall and his mighty sons, Isildur and Anárion, became great lord; and the North-realm they made in Arnor, and the South-realm in Gondor above the mouths of Anduin. But Sauron assailed them, and they made the Last Alliance of Elves and Men, and the hosts of Gil-galad and Elendil were mustered in Arnor.

Raewn stopped reading, put a book mark in, and went in search of some lunch.

10. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Asfaloth....nice name for a horse.

ho! Numenor! Their story is one of the best!

"To look for a company that should have arrived today.".....wonder who these chaps are.

11. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    I thought you might enjoy that as well :D

Chapter V

The next day Raewn continued her reading.

The glory of the Eldar Days and the hosts of Beleriand, so many great princes and captains were assembled. And yet not so many, nor so fair, as when Thagorodrim was broken, and the Elves deemed that evil was ended for ever, and it was not so.

The Battle of Dagorlad before the Black Gate of Mordor, where they had all the mastery: for the spear of Gil-galad and the sword of Elendil, Aiglos and Narsil, none could withstand. The last combat on the slope of Orodruin, where Gil-galad died, and Elendil fell, and Narisl broke beneath him; but Sauron himself was overthrown, and Isildur cut the Ring from his hand with the hilt-shard of his father's sword, and took it for his own. Alas! As should not have been. It should have been cast into Orodruin's fire nigh at hand where it was made.

But soon the Ring betrayed isildur to his death; so it is named in the North Isildur's Bane. Ohtar, the esquire of Isildur, bore the shards of the sword of Elendil; and he brought them to Valandil, the heir of Isildur, who being but a child had remained here in Rivendell. But Narsil was broken and its light extinguished, and it had not yet been forged again.

So ends Sauron and the Rings of Power.

Raewn closed the book and as she put it back on the shelf she thought of the shards of Narsil, the sword of the King. Something big was going to happen that would change the course of the future forever.

12. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Gil-galad..the famous Elf Lord..I think he was the one who lived built wethertop....Aragorn sung a song about him.

Isildur cut the Ring from his hand with the hilt-shard of his father's sword, and took it for his own....ah...the classic scene :D

Something big was going to happen that would change the course of the future forever.....interesting.

13. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    I think he was the one who lived built wethertop....Aragorn sung a song about him.

I think Gil-galad built weathertop too but I'm not sure.... and I believe it was Samwise who sung the song of Gil-galad :) .

....ah...the classic scene

yes indeed :D .

.....interesting.

it's going to get more so :D .

Chapter VI

Amrûn was welcomed by the singing of birds high up in the trees, in the window sills, and in the air.

It was high noon when Raewn heard the sound of galloping hooves. Arwen!

She ran down the steps just in time to see Arwen pulling Asfaloth to a stop, swung off, and lifted a small child-like figure from her saddle.

Arwen saw Raewn. "Get my father quickly."

Raewn nodded and ran to find Elrond.

One minute later she and the elf lord were running to where Arwen was standing.

"He was stabbed by a Morgul blade of the Nazgûl." Arwen told her father as she carefully set the child-like figure on a bed.

"We must work quickly to get the poisoned tip out before it peirces his heart."

Raewn helped in whatever way she could as Elrond wove elvish medicine into the blackening, closing, wound.

Some time later Gandalf the Grey arrived and was anxious to hear news about the lad.

Elrond showed him the tiny sliver that was the tip of the Morgul blade. "He will be concious in a few days and have many questions I'm sure."

Gandalf sighed in relief. "I shall sit right here until he awakes.." He turned to Arwen. "Thank you."

"You are most welcome Mithrandir."

As she and Raewn left Raewn asked, "I have never seen anyone like that lad, wno is he?"

"He is Frodo Baggins, one of the periannath." Arwen answered as they climbed the sun lit steps that led to a balcony overlooking the entire valley of Rivendell.

"Is he related to Bilbo?"

"Yes he is."

The valley lay before them in a beautiful panorama. The pine-woods glinted a ever green color, the golden-leaved trees swayed back and forth in the slight breeze that danced through their hair and lifted the peaceful fragrances of Rivendell to their noses.

14. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Good interpretation.

a small child-like figure from her saddle?nice how you didn?t use the word Hobbit, as if there were many species around.

Gandalf the Grey..ah, our old friend.

"You are most welcome Mithrandir." Didn?t know the Elves called him this, thought it was only the Gondorian folk. Thanks for the info.

one of the periannath?.what?s this?

Keep it up!

15. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    ?nice how you didn?t use the word Hobbit, as if there were many species around.

..ah, our old friend.

yep :)

Didn?t know the Elves called him this, thought it was only the Gondorian folk. Thanks for the info.

your welcome :)

one of the periannath?.what?s this?

periannath means Hobbits in elvish :)

Keep it up!

I'll try....

Chapter VII

On October the 24th Frodo woke and reunited with Merry Brandybuck and Pippin Took as Elrond and Gandalf watched from an overlooking balcony.

"His strength returns." Elrond said and turned from the balcony.

"That wound will never fully heal." Gandalf turned from the balcony to face Elrond. "He will carry it the rest of his life."

"Yet to have come so far still bearing the Ring, the hobbit has shown extraordinary resilience to its evil."

"It it a burden he should never have had to bear. We can ask no more of Frodo."

"Gandalf, the Enemy is moving. Sauron's forses are massing in the East. His Eye is fixed on Rivendell. And Saruman, you tell me, has betrayed us. Our list of allies grows thin."

"His treachery goes deeper than you know. by foul craft, Saruman has crossed orcs with goblin men. He is breeding an army in the caverns of Isengard. An army that can move in sunlight, and travel great distance at speed. Saruman is coming for the Ring."

"This evil cannot be concealed by the Elves. We do not have the power to fight both Mordor and Isengard. Gandalf, the Ring cannot stay here."

Gandalf leaned on the terrace of another balcony in time to see a man from the South, an elf from Mirkwood, and a group of dwarves arrive on their trusty steeds.

Elrond came beside him. "This peril belongs to all Middle-Earth, and they must deside how to end it. The time of the Elves is over. My people are leaving these shores. Who will you look to when we have gone? The dwarves? They hide in their mountains seeking riches; they care nothing for the troubles of others."

"It is in Men that we must place our hope."

"Men! Men are weak! The race of Men is failing. The blood of Numenor is all but spent, its pride and dignity forgotten. It is because of Men the Ring survives. I was there, Gandalf, I was there; three thousand years ago, when Isildur took the ring.

"I was there the day the strength of Men failed. I led Isildur into the heart of Mount Doom, where the Ring was forged, the one place it could be destroyed." Elrond shook his head. "It should of ended that day, but evil was allowed to endure. Isildur kept the Ring. The line of Kings is broken. There is no strength left in the world of Men. They are scattered, devived, leaderless."

"There is one who could untie them. One who could reclaim the throne of Gondor."

"He turned from that path a long time ago. He has chosen exile."

16. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    This reminds me a lot of the Rivendell scenes from the movie. :)

17. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    This reminds me a lot of the Rivendell scenes from the movie.

Some of it is word-for-word from the movie.

Chapter VIII

The next morning Men, Elves, dwarves, and Frodo were all summoned to a council.

Raewn saw Legolas Greenleaf, son of Thranduil, king of Mirkwood, and her heart pounded against her chest.

I'm very glad I desided to stay. She thought, feeling light-headed.

"Strangers from distant lands," Elrond spoke, "friends of old. you have been summoned to anwer the threat of Mordor. Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom.  Bring forth the Ring, Frodo."

Frodo got up from his seat and put the Ring on a stone stand at the center of the council with a thunk.

Boromir, son of the Steward of Gondor, leaned forward. "So it is true."

"The doom of man..." Another man said.

"It is a gift, a gift to the foes of Mordor.  Why not use this Ring? Long has my father, the  Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at  bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy.  Let us use it against him."

"You cannot wield it. " Aragorn spoke up. "None of us can. The One Ring  answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master."

Boromir looked at him with barely veiled contempt. "And what would a ranger know of this matter?"

Leogolas stood. "This is no mere Ranger. He is Aragorn, son of  Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance."

Boromir was shocked. "Aragorn? This is Isildur's heir?"

"And heir to the throne of Gondor."

"Havo dad, Legolas." (Sit down Legolas.) Aragorn told hi friend.

"Gondor has no king," Boromir told Legolas and turned to Aragorn, "Gondor needs no king."

"Aragorn is right." Gadnalf said finally. "We cannot control it."

"You have only one choice. The Ring must be destroyed."

Gimli stood. "Then what are we waiting for?" He lifted his axe and let it fall on the Ring. Frodo saw the Eye as the axe shattered and Gimli was thrown back.

"The ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Gloin, by any craft that we here possess. The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there  can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into  Mordor, and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you must do this."

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its  black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren  wasteland, riddled with fire, ash and dust. The  very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly."

Legolas stood again. "Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The Ring must be destroyed!"

Gmli stood again as well. "And I suppose you think you're the one to do it?"

"And what if we fail?" Boromir added. "What then? What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?"

"I will be dead before I see the Ring in the hands of an elf!"

At this half the council jumps up and beings arguing with each other.

"Never trust an elf!"

During all this commotion the Ring is chanting: Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul. and flames spread around its surface as it feels the distrust and anger among the council.

Frodo stands. "I will take it." No one apparently heard and the arguing continued. "I will take it!" Gandalf hears and closes his eyes as silence returns. "I will take the Ring to Mordor. Though I do not know the way."

Gandalf walked to his side and put a hand on his shoulder. "I will help you bear this burden, Frodo Baggins, for as long as it is yours to bear."

Aragorn rises from his seat and kneels before Frodo. "If by my life or my death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword."

"And my bow." Legolas says.

"And my axe." Gimli adds.

Boromir came forward. "You carry the fate of us all, little one. If this is ind

18. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    This is indeed the movie. It's a great combibation of dialogue from the script and description.

19. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    This is indeed the movie. It's a great combibation of dialogue from the script and description.

Chapter IX

The next day the Fellowship prepared to leave Rivendell.

"The Ringbearer is setting out on a quest to Mount Doom. And you who travel with him, no oath, nor bond is laid to go further than you will. Farewell, hold to your purpose. May the blessings of Elves and Men; and all free folk go with you."

"The Fellowship awaits the Ringbearer."

Frodo set out on the road out of Rivendell and one by one, the rest of the fellowship followed. Aragorn caught Arwen's eye and nodded to her before turning to follow the others.

"Mordor Gandalf, is it left or right?" Frodo whispered.

"Left."

Raewn put a hand on Arwen's shoulder as they and the rest of the Elves watched as the Fellowship into the distance.

"Will I ever see him again?" Arwen murmured.

"Of course you will." Raewn assured but wondered silently: Will I ever see Legolas again?

The two Elf Maidens wandered aimlessly through Rivendell, not caring where they were or where they had been.

As they walked more knowledge came to Raewn.

"My father is Haldir, my mother is in the Grey Havens with your mother, and my aunt is the Lady Galadriel."

Arwen stopped walking and looked at her. "Then we are kin for my grandmother is the Lady Galadriel."

The two friends were so glad to be kin that they embraced and talked of many things as they walked back to the house.

Elrond saw them coming and smiled. "This is from your father." He handed Raewn a rolled up parchment.

Raewn accepted it with a nod as she and Arwen passed by him arm in arm.

After bidding Arwen good-bye Raewn went into her room, sat in a chair, and unrolled her father's letter.

Raewn,
    How fare things in Rivendell? Have you enjoyed visiting with Arwen? Are you coming home soon?

In haste,
    Your father.

Raewn smiled, drew out her parchment, dipped her feathered quill in the ink well, and wrote:

Father,
    Things fare well here in Rivendell. I have very much enjoyed visiting with Arwen. I will be home in a few days, possibly a week.

In haste,
    Your daughter.

20. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    "Mordor Gandalf, is it left or right?" Frodo whispered?.liked this. It characterizes Frodo a lot.

Also like the fact that the story is told through the eyes of Raewn.

"My father is Haldir, my mother is in the Grey Havens with your mother, and my aunt is the Lady Galadriel?cool.

21. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    ....liked this. It characterizes Frodo a lot.

well, don't give me all the credit.... I got that sentance from the special edision of lotr.

Also like the fact that the story is told through the eyes of Raewn.

yes, I made it purposely that way.

?cool.

thank you.

Chapter X

Three days later, Raewn bade farewell to Arwen and Rivendell and set out across the pass of Caradhras ans was unhindered for Saruman's thoughts were far from that pass.

She decended down Dimrill Stair, across Gladden Fields, and into the golden woods of Lorien. She stopped. This was her home. She could feel it.

Walking onward she was met by her father Haldir.

Her father embraced her. "Did you have much trouble coming home?"

"None whatsoever surprisingly."

"I am very glad to hear that. What news from Rivendell?"

"Nine companions including four periannath set out from Rivendell about four maybe five days ao on a quest to Mount Doom." Raewn answered as they walked back to Caras Galadhon.

"Fasinating you should mention that."

"Why?"

"The Fellowship just arrived today."

Legolas! "Really?"

"Yes. And they brought grevious news wit them: Gandalf the Grey has fallen into Shadow."

"Alas!" Raewn cried.

Haldir comforted his daughter as best he could as they entered Caras Galadhon.

That night Raewn joined her people in singing the lament for Gandalf.

"In gwidh ristennin,
    i fea narchannen!
    I Lach Anor ed!
    Il fi rin nai rel,
    ma Nau va i nau va!
    Il fi rin nai!"

While she sung, Raewn had tears flowing down her cheeks. Gandalf had been great in life and death.

22. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    The Elvish spirit is deep indeed.

23. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    The Elvish spirit is deep indeed.

yes it is. I tried to convey how I felt and how I though the Elves felt when Gandalf fell. sorry its taken me so long to get this posted but I was busy racking my brain for ideas for the next chapter....

Chapter XI

Morning dawned in Lorien and the Fellowship prepared to continue their quest.

The company was cloaked with the cloaks of Lorien.

"Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people." Celeborn told them. "May these cloaks shield you from unfriendly eyes."

They began to load the boats."

"Lembas." Legolas said holding the thick wafer up. "Elvish way bread. One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man." He took a bite as he walked away.

Merry looked at Pippin. "How many did you eat?"

"Four." Pippin replied with a burp.

"Every league you travel South, the danger will increase. Mordor orcs now hold the Eastern shore of Emyn Muil. Nor will you find safety on the Western bank. Strage creatures bearing the White Hand have been seen on our borders. Seldom do orcs journey in the open under the sun, yet these have done so." Celeborn drew a curved elvish dagger from its sheath and tol him in elvish, "You're being tracked." He resheathed the dagger and gave it to Aragorn. "My brother, you have the chance of out running the Enemy to the falls of Cair Andros."

Lady Galadriel came to say farewell.

"My gift for you Legolas is a bow of the galadhremmin. Worthy of the Skill of our woodland kin. These are the daggers of Noldorin. They have already seen service in war. Do not fear Peregrin Took, you will find your courage. For you Samwise Gamgee, Elven rope, made of hithlain."

"Thank you My Lady.... are there none of those nice shiny daggers?"

Galadriel merely smiled and turned to Frodo. "Farewell, Frodo Baggins. I give you the light of Eärendil, our most beloved star. Namárië. May it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out." She bent, kissed his forehead and turned to Gimli. "And what gift would a dwarf ask of the Elves?"

"Nothing. Accept to look upon the Lady Galadriel one last time, for she is more fair than all the jewels beneath the earth." Galadriel laughed. Gimli turned away, started to walk to the boat and then turned back. "Actually.... uh.... there was one thing.... uh.... uh.... no, no, what am I talking about? it's quite impossible. Stupid notion...."

Galadriel laughed and gave him what he desired. But instead of just one hair from her golden head, she gave him three. She then gave Aragorn a broach that resembled an eagle and had a fire green emerald for a body. "This will belong to your house for generations." She told him in elvish.

"Thank you Lady, from who came Celebrian, from who came Arwen the Evenstar. What praise more can I say?" Aragorn replied bowing his head.

Galdriel lifted his chin. "We will see each other one last time before the coming of the New Age. Farewell until then, Elessar the Elfstone."

All the Elves of Lorien watched them row away in their Elven boats.

Sigh! Legolas! Legolas! My thoughts
    are ever upon thee! Thy handsome
    features and thy light-footed grace!
    Thy footsteps linger 'ere in
    the golden woods of Lorien
    and in the house of Elrond! It
    was in Imladris I first saw thee
    and lo! There thou was in
    Lorien when I arrived and my heart
    pounded against my rib cage!

Raewn thought subconsiously.

Her father put an arm around her and she leaned on his chest as they watched the Fellowship disappear down the river.

24. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Nice how there's Raewn as a character in the background of the main tale.

You know places in Middle Earth real well.

25. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Nice how there's Raewn as a character in the background of the main tale.

that's how I planned it.

You know places in Middle Earth real well.

well, it helps to have a map of Middle Earth and FotR book as a referance.

Chapter XII

Raewn spent as much time with her father as possible. Her father here was definitely better than her father back on Tatooine. After all, Haldir taught her many things just by being an example.

She taught herself all the fighting styles fropm the begining of time to the rpesent day.

Galadriel caught her doing so one day and smiled. "You have some skill with a blade?"

"Not a lot." Raewn answered modestly.

"That can be changed. your fate will not be to go to the Grey Havens just yet. You will march to Helm's Deep."

"Uh, just one problem Aunt Galadriel: they are men, I am a woman."

"That cane be easily delt with. What do you think Celebrian did?"

"You mean she fought in the Last Alliance?!"

"Yes and if she can do it so can you."

So Galadriel taught Raewn everything she had learned all over again and things she hadn't learned until she had them perfected.

Galadriel then gave Raewn a sheathed sword. "This is Hrive Silme."

Raewn drew it from its sheath. The peircing shaft caught the sunlight filerting through the trees. "Its beautiful."

Vie rumbled an agreement.

Galadriel smiled. "May it serve you as it served my daughter."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.