main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sw/LOTR crossover; for those who dream of going to Middle Earth

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadawanofQui-Gon, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZannRath

ZannRath Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2003
    Very nice so far! ^_^ (Yes, I finally got around to reading your story and registering here... I'm thinking about posting my own story here, but it's not really a fanfic, nor based on starwars, so.. >_>)

2. PadawanofQui-Gon

PadawanofQui-Gon Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2003
    *smiles as I recognize Zann*

hello my friend :) PM me about your ideas for a story and I'll tell you what you need to do :)

3. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Galadriel caught her doing so one day and smiled. "You have some skill with a blade?"

Nice to get Galadriel say this.

"That can be changed. your fate will not be to go to the Grey Havens just yet. You will march to Helm's Deep."

"Uh, just one problem Aunt Galadriel: they are men, I am a woman."

Great idea! Cool parallel to Eowyn?s doings.

Galadriel then gave Raewn a sheathed sword. "This is Hrive Silme."?interesting.

Post more soon.

4. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Nice to get Galadriel say this.

he, he, indeed.

Great idea! Cool parallel to Eowyn?s doings.

it is a good idea isn't it?

?interesting.

glad you think so.

Post more soon.

here it is.

Chapter XIII

Two days later the warriors marched to Helm's Deep with Raewn in their midst. With Vie under her cloak and Hrive Silme dangling at her side, she marched behind her father.

They arrived at Helm's Deep after night had fallen and black rain clouds began to roll in as the Elven horn was sounded.

From the wall a sodier called, "Open the gate!"

The army of Lothlorien Elves marched up the causeway into the Hornburg led by Haldir. The Rohirrim look upon them in wonderment and delight as they pass.

"How is this possible?" Theoden asked.

Haldir smiled. "I bring word from Elrond of Rivendell. An alliance once existed between Men and Elves. Long ago we fought and died together." He looked up to see Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli running down the steps and his smile widened.

Raewn looked where her father was looking and gave a small gasp upon seeing Legolas.

"We have come to honor that alligiance." Haldir continued.

Aragorn arrived at the bottom of the steps first and bowed. "Mae govannen, Haldir." (Welcome, Haldir.) He embraced a startled Haldir.

Haldir stood there momentarly then hugged Aragorn back smiling.

They released each other and Aragorn said, "You are most welcome!"

Legolas and Haldir clasped each other on the shoulder.

Haldir then turned to Theoden. "We are proud to fight alongside Men once more."

Men and Elves took their positions on the battlements of Helm's Deep. The sounds of a marching army move closer and closer. The women and children in the caves heard the sounds overhead and were frightened. Mothers tried to sooth their crying babies.. The Men and Elves looked out into the darkness, lit by thousands of torches carried by the huge advancing Uruk-hai army and the light bounced off their armor. With a row of Elven archers, Gmli stood beside Legolas behind a wall, only the top of his helmet was visible.

"You could have picked a better spot." Gimli grumbled, jumpin up and down, straining to see above the wall.

Raewn smirked from her place bedie her father. I suppose that's the price of being short. She looked at Legolas to see him smirking at Gimli's comment too.

Aragorn approached and stood beside his two friends.

Gimli looked at him. "Well lad, whatever luck you live by, let's hope it lasts the night."

Thunder sounded and lightning flashed, revealing the sea of approaching Uruk-hai.

"Your friends are with you Aragorn." Legolas said.

How faithful! Raewn thought staring at Legolas's profile.

"Let's hope they last the night." Gimli half muttered, half spoke.

The marching and thumping grew louder and louder. Lighning flashed and it begins to rain. While the Uruk-hai army continued their march to the fortress, and Uruk-hai leader stepped on to a rock outcrop.

Aragorn gave commands to the Elven warriors as he paced between the lines of Elves. "A Eruchîn ú-dano i faelas! A hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!" (Show them no mercy! For you shall receive none!)

Duh, like I didn't know that already. Raewn thought. But then again these are Uruk-hai not orcs....

The Uruk-hai leader raised his sword and commanded his army to stop with a terrifying animalic cry. The Uruk-hai stopped and growled in anticipation of the upcoming battle and slaughter.

"What's happening out there?" Gimli asked, jumping and straining to see.

"Shall I describe it to you?" Legolas looked at Gimli with a grin on his face. "Or would you like me to find you a box?"

Gimli laughed goodnaturedly, "Hehehehe!!"

Raewn gave a low chuckle as Gimli laughed, Legolas was in all respects a noble Elf. And he has a good sense of humor.

The Uruk-hai leader cried out once, encouraging the Uruk-hai to start roaring and thumping their spears furiously. T

5. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    "I bring word from Elrond of Rivendell. An alliance once existed between Men and Elves. Long ago we fought and died together????..We have come to honor that allegiance???????grand words these are.

Mothers tried to sooth their crying babies??.you captured the detail real well.

How faithful! Raewn thought staring at Legolas's profile????. Raewn gave a low chuckle as Gimli laughed, Legolas was in all respects a noble Elf. And he has a good sense of humor???????great how you write things as they are seen from Raewn?s point of view.

A man with a missing eye yelled??.I remember him.

Legolas grabs a shield and sent it sliding across the ground. He then hopped onto it and surfed down the steps, released three arrows as he went, and kicked the shield to stab an Uruk-hai as he landed at the bottom??nicely described.

Raewn looked where Aragorn was looking and almost fell in surprise. Gandalf! Mithrandir! He's alive!......liked this.

A good interpretation of the battle of Helm?s Deep.

6. ZannRath

ZannRath Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2003
    At the bottom of the Deeping Wall, two spiky bombs are lodged in the sluice gate. Aragorn saw the Uruk-hai....... I'm sorry, but what kind of idiot puts a hole THAT BIG in the keep wall? >_>

Gimli took a peek and then stepped back. He mumbled, "Toss me."
    Aragorn looked at him. "What?"
    "I cannot jump the distance! You'll have to toss me!"
    Aragorn nodded slowly and then turned to grab the dwarf.
    "Oh!" Gimli stayed Aragorn's hand. "Don't tell the Elf."
    "Not a word." Aragorn promised.
    One of my favorite parts of the whole thing. ^_^

"Shall I describe it to you?" Legolas looked at Gimli with a grin on his face. "Or would you like me to find you a box?" And my absolute favorite part. lol

All in all, I still like it so far.
    But... I don't mean to be a stiff-necked critic or anything, but upon looking at it with a more critical eye, I noticed that some parts seemed a bit repetative. Like with the commands for retreat or charge going through several men on the battlefield.. Those parts probably came straight from the movie for all I know, but it just seems a bit unnecessary to me... ya... just thought I'd put in my full two cent's worth...<_< >_>.... *slinks over to random dark corner, curls up to avoid the several pair of glaring eyes and whimpers*

7. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Like with the commands for retreat or charge going through several men on the battlefield..

I thought that was quite ok. It's good detail, as if seeing everything from the point of view of lots of people. Also, it makes sense due to the structure of Helm's deep, sort of layered walls, quite similar to Minas Tirth, and if you notice the film, there's lots of shifting back and forth..first they hold the Orcs off, then they enter, and the men shove them off again, and then Theoden rides out with his soldiers.

8. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    what Keeper_of_Swords said ^, he's the battle expert around here.... I had to have Donny help me with some of the battle scenes that I couldn't remember as it was.

again, thank you all for your support.

Chapter XIV

Arriving in Lorien the army of Rohan was welcomed by Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel.

Galadriel looked upon her brother's dead son and bowed her head. "He was great in life and death."

Theoden had never before seen such sorrow. "I am sorry for your loss."

Celeborn clasped his wife's hand. "It is not only our loss but also our neice, his daughter."

Aragorn told how Haldir had fallen.

Raewn was finally able to grieve for her father. Once the tears started to fall they would not stop.

That night a voice like silver waters flowing down from glad morning hills was heard singing in Elvish.

"He fell in battle,
    The great Elven warrior Haldir!
    For the sake of Rohan he died!
    In his death he brought life,
    Life and hope to Middle-earth!
    Great he lived and great he fell!
    May he rest in peace ever more,
    This great Elf Lord!"

Legolas looked at Aragorn. "Who sings?" He asked enchanted.

Aragorn stopped sharpening his sword. "It is Haldir's daughter. Friend and kin to Arwen."

Legolas found Raewn kneeling beside her father's body and crying softly. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright?"

Raewn looked up and saw Legolas. Her breath caught. She had seen glimpses of him in Rivendell and Lorien but now that she was only inces away from him she saw his true beauty. The moonlight gave his golcen hair laid on his chest a silver shimmer and illuminated his eyes like a clear blue sky. Beyond any doubt, he was fair beyond the measure of Men.

Unbidden tears flowed down her cheeks as she remembered what her father had said when she had told him when she told him of her feelings for Legolas.

Haldir had smiled and said, 'There is nothing wrong with that my daughter. Legolas is a noble Elf and the son of a loved and revered king. It gladdens my heart to see that you have these feelings.'

Legolas saw the tears flow down her cheeks. Raewn had inherited her father's facial structure but had also inherited her mother Elril-Galia's eye catching beauty. "What is wrong?" His elegantly accented voice held concern.

"My father is dead, never to return. I keep on hoping that somehow I will wake up and find this was just one big nightmare but I know that will not happen." She didn't want to break down infront of Legolas but her sorrow overcame her, the tears streamed down, and she barried her face in her hands. "I feel so lost." She managed beteween sobs.

Legolas knelt across from her and lifted her chin with his hand. Then with a touch soft he dried her tears and with an equally soft voice he said, "Do not worry. What are these tears upon your face? The light of the Valar is with thee. Sleep now, rest your tired and weary head. Soon you will see, all your troubles will drift away. Hope fades into the the world of night, but a new dawn of happiness and good will arise."

Raewn looked up at Legolas, her turquoise eyes meeting his blue ones. Their hearts beat to the same rythm.

Legolas's smile made her heart skip a beat. "I am Legolas."

She felt very tired from crying. "Raewn," she replied and fell asleep.

9. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    good chapter.

Thanks for the battle comment, though all I do is just combine ideas from books, put in a few of my own ideas, and apply them to Starwars.

10. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    thank you for your devoted support. now I go to rack my brain... have some very impotant decision making to do...

11. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
  12. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    this fan fic is now officially closed. thanks all once again for your support and Namarie :) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.