main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN SW Mad Libs

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MaraJadeSkywalkerFF, Dec 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    MaraJadeSkywalker
    Jedi Knight (Moderator) posted 08-22-2000 09:20 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am thinking of three Star Wars quotes from three different Star Wars Trilogy characters. Only I've taken out some of the key words and I'll let you guys fill them in.
    Give me:

1. a noun
    2. an adjective
    3. a noun

In a few days I'll tell you what the Star Wars quotes are and list your modified versions.

I can't wait to see what you come up with! My work is hard, make me laugh!

IP: Logged

MaraJadeSkywalker
    Jedi Knight (Moderator) posted 08-22-2000 09:22 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P.S. these don't have to SW nouns and adjectives that you give me (although they can be)- give me anything you want!

JediJeff
    Jedi Knight posted 08-22-2000 10:46 PM
    1. banana split
    2. shiny
    3. Mr. Magoo
    Thanks, Mara - now I have the whole SchoolHouse Rock "noun" song in my head:

A noun's a special kind of word
    It's anything you've ever heard
    I find it....quite interesting
    A noun's a person, place or thing

Probably the best website out there: http://genxtvland.simplenet.com/SchoolHouseRock/

Relive your past......

------------------
    JediJeff
    ChicagoForce scapegoat

Bobafemme
    Jedi Knight posted 08-23-2000 06:47 AM
    Mango
    Sweaty
    Rust
    Don't get caught passing it around during Weekly Reader time!

Fenix
    Jedi Knight posted 08-23-2000 09:17 AM
    Weekly Reader?!?
    Haven't heard that for a while....
    ------------------
    "Fear. Fear attracts the fearful, the strong, the weak, the innocent, the corrupt.
    Fear. Fear is my ally!"
    ~Darth Maul

MaraJadeSkywalker
    Jedi Knight (Moderator) posted 08-25-2000 04:21 PM
    Okay - here are the SW quotes I used for the
    SW Mad Libs. The words in parenthesis are the words you're filling in for. Hope I didn't botch any of the quotes... that would be embarrassing!
    1. Leia to Han, "I'd just as soon kiss a (Wookie)!"
    2. Darth Vader to Luke, "Indeed you are (powerful) as the Emperor has forseen."
    3. Yoda to Luke, "(Control), you must have (Control)!"

So JediJeff has:

1. Leia saying to Han, "I'd just as soon kiss a banana split!" (Can you blame her, banana splits are really yummy! Of course, Han ain't so bad either...)
    2. Vader saying to Luke, "Indeed you are shiny as the Emperor has forseen." (it's the blond hair...)
    3. Yoda saying to Luke, "Mr. Magoo, you must have Mr. Magoo!" (don't we all need Mr. Magoo in our lives?!)

Bobafemme has:
    1. Leia saying to Han, "I'd just as soon kiss a mango!" (can't blame her on that one either! I love mangos! Of course Han...)
    2. Darth Vader to Luke, "Indeed you are sweaty as the Emperor has forseen." (Well, that was an intense light saber battle! Easy for Darth Vader to say - he is mostly machine... machines don't sweat!)
    3. Yoda to Luke, "Rust, you must have rust!"
    (So that's what he throws in the stew... Hmh, that must be one of those "jedi things". I don't get it!)

That was fun - anyone else want to take a turn? I'd love to give my answers!

[This message has been edited by MaraJadeSkywalker (edited 08-25-2000).]

JediJeff
    Jedi Knight posted 08-25-2000 09:46 PM
    Well, Mara - what are your answers?
    ------------------
    JediJeff
    ChicagoForce scapegoat

MaraJadeSkywalker
    Jedi Knight (Moderator) posted 08-26-2000 07:52 AM
    -------------------------

2. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Salacious Crummy
    Jedi Knight posted 09-18-2000 08:46 PM
    1. pop tart
    2. tattoo/rats (watched survivor rerun tonight)
    3. swallow

JediJeff
    Jedi Knight posted 09-19-2000 09:48 AM
    Okay...I think that's everybody. The original quotes are:
    1) Your weapons, you will not need them.
    2) My father has it, I have it and my sister has it.
    3) I thought they smelled bad on the outside.

So, going through the list we have Bobafemme with:
    1) Your mushrooms, you will not need them. (Cuz the Deadheads brought plenty, Luke!)
    2) My lips have it, I have it, and my hell has it. (Ummm....okay. Try some Chapstick)
    3) I thought they teased bad on the outside. (The 90's woman has grown up, Han!)

jedigal has:
    1) Your feet, you will not need them. (The whole Force floating thing)
    2) My spoon has it, I have it, and my platypus has it. (Spoons? Platypus? This 2000 Olympics sure has some new events)
    3) I thought they danced bad on the outside. (The 90's woman has not grown up totally, Han.)

Kursari has:
    1) You monkeys, you will not need them. (Leave them with Yoda - "Touch my monkey, Yoda. TOUCH HIM! LOVE HIM!")
    2) My magnum has is, I have it, and my zombie has it. (I can't think of a joke here.)
    3) I thought they dismembered bad on the outside. (Don't piss off the former 90's woman, Han.)

Mara, you got:
    1) Your accountants, you will not need them. (And while you're at it, lose the lawyers too.)
    2) My laundry has it, I have it, and my fajita has it. (Little Spray and Wash will fix that right up)
    3) I thought they snorkeled bad on the outside. (The 90's woman now seeks adventure, Han.)

Finally, Crummy has:
    1) Your pop tarts, you will not need them. (Yoda just fixed a batch of his delicious gruel, Luke!)
    2) My tattoo has it, I have it, and my rat has it. (Next time - use a cleaner needle)
    3) I thought they swallowed bad on the outside. (WEEEEEEEEELLLLL HAN.....talk about your 90's woman!!!!!)

Okay....next!

------------------
    JediJeff
    god-like ChicagoForce scapegoat/punching bag that will go to any level for a joke, including making a total fool of himself

Kursari Gama
    Jedi Knight posted 09-19-2000 03:42 PM
    2) My magnum has is, I have it, and my zombie has it.
    Eh...bullets? Bullets in the Magnum, Bullets in a holder case, and bullets in the zombie? Can't think of anything else... Good job.

------------------
    "Young lady, stars sine only at night, and stars that fall to Earth never shine again."

Kursari Gama
    Jedi Knight posted 09-19-2000 03:56 PM
    Ok...my turn...heh heh.
    1. Noun/Verb/Noun
    2. Noun
    3. Noun/Adjective

------------------
    "Young lady, stars sine only at night, and stars that fall to Earth never shine again."

MaraJadeSkywalker
    Jedi Knight (Moderator) posted 09-19-2000 06:57 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by JediJeff:
    1) Your accountants, you will not need them.

[/B]

Damn, they're on to us. There goes my job!

JediJeff
    Jedi Knight posted 09-20-2000 04:42 AM
    1) automobile/ingest/duct tape
    2) candy bar
    3) ball/droopy
    ------------------
    JediJeff
    god-like ChicagoForce scapegoat/punching bag that will go to any level for a joke, including making a total fool of himself

Bobafemme
    Jedi Knight posted 09-20-200

3. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    MaraJadeSkywalker
    Jedi Knight (Moderator) posted 09-26-2000 04:54 PM

quote:
    Crummy, take the word "Star Trek" out of your words and the rest read a mighty fine sentence!!!!

Thank you, Fenix!!!

[This message has been edited by MaraJadeSkywalker (edited 09-26-2000).]

Bobafemme
    Jedi Knight posted 09-26-2000 09:01 PM
    "Boba Fett, you're #1 was very accurate! Except for the "only" part (i.e. Darth Vader, Corran Horn, JediJeff, etc.) "
    Like JJ is even close to Darth Vader. Not even for a case of Claussen and a gross of Almond Joy.

[This message has been edited by Bobafemme (edited 09-26-2000).]

JediJeff
    Jedi Knight posted 09-27-2000 12:05 AM
    How about a semi of Claussen and an Almond Joy factory. Toss in 300 kegs of Diet Dr. Pepper, too. Well....WELL????
    ------------------
    JediJeff
    "yeah....whatever."

JediJeff
    Jedi Knight posted 09-27-2000 12:07 AM
    Oh....and give me a cupcake, you squirrel??
    Is that a Minn thing? Is it a compliment? Do I have to kick yer butt? What would be the proper reply to that?

------------------
    JediJeff
    "yeah....whatever."

Salacious Crummy
    Jedi Knight posted 09-27-2000 01:14 AM
    You asked why I put you and a pickle in the same line. The answer is because Mara said she liked the taste of both of you.
    ------------------
    Salacious Crummy
    "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pickles!" -Yoda

Salacious Crummy
    Jedi Knight posted 09-27-2000 01:15 AM
    Somebody want to start a new Mad Lib thing???
    [This message has been edited by Salacious Crummy (edited 09-27-2000).]

MaraJadeSkywalker
    Jedi Knight (Moderator) posted 09-27-2000 04:37 AM

quote:
    Oh....and give me a cupcake, you squirrel??

It's referring to one of the Mad Lib answers. Your proper response would be to hand me a cupcake. Chocolate with vanilla icing will do nicely.

I'll try to post some more this evening.

[This message has been edited by MaraJadeSkywalker (edited 09-27-2000).]

JediJeff
    Jedi Knight posted 09-27-2000 08:09 AM
    Oops, sorry Mara. Shows how much I pay attention to stuff. I had "Facts of Life" on my mind last night - that's all.
    Okay....me go again. I need

1)noun
    2)noun/place
    3)verb/adjective

------------------
    JediJeff
    "yeah....whatever."

jedigal
    Jedi Knight posted 09-27-2000 09:50 AM
    1. parachute
    2. mildew / DisneyLand
    3. sink / sour
    ------------------
    jedigal / Stephanie Blum
    St. Louis, MO

vader2000
    Jedi Knight posted 09-27-2000 10:15 AM
    1. Jelly
    2. Tick/Albuquerque
    3. Cauterize/Swollen
    -

4. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    jedigal
    Jedi Knight posted 10-10-2000 10:51 AM
    Well, I thought we might hear back from Stardreamer or some of our other frequent flyers, but no, so I guess it's past time to post the results.
    The original quotes were:

um, they were right here, just the other day....

<font size=2>sound of papers rustling</font>

Stardreamer
    Jedi Knight posted 10-10-2000 06:55 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by jedigal:
    SD, KG already had chosen Q-tip for his noun for #3. Pick a new noun for that one, will ya, so we can 'double our fun'.

Well, with a lead-in like that....

3) Doublemint gum

Thom

Bobafemme
    Jedi Knight posted 10-11-2000 05:31 AM
    Scrolling though the previous page and can't believe I hadn't submitted (words that is).
    1. stretch / lederhosen
    2. hairy / eyeball
    3. orchid
    4. catnip / african violet / illicit

[This message has been edited by Bobafemme (edited 10-11-2000).]

jedigal
    Jedi Knight posted 10-11-2000 08:28 AM
    Oh, good! I'm glad I pretended to lose the quotes, giving BF and SD a chance to chime in.
    So, here are the original quotes, all from our favorite green Jedi:
    1. I am wondering . Why are you here?
    2. How you get so big, eating food of this kind?
    3. Size matters not. Judge me by my size, do you?
    4. My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

And our rewritten quotes:

Salacious Crummy
    1. I am caressing. Why are you extra-large? (You get what you pay for, SC.)
    2. How you get so mechanical, eating Al Gore of this kind? (There's more than one kind? -shiver-)
    3. Q-tip matters not. Judge me by my Q-tip, do you? (uh... no comment)
    4. My George "Dubbya" Bush is Dick Chaney, and a kinky George "Dubbya" Bush he is. (nuff said)

Kursari Gama
    1. I am exploding. Why are you red? (Hey now, no need to get upset.)
    2. How you get so evil, eating Deathevn of this kind? (Need I explain?)
    3. Grand Church matters not. Judge me by my Grand Church, do you? (Me, judge? Never.)
    4. My St. Eva is the Eva's Bible, and a brown St. Eva it is. (Uh huh.)

Stardreamer
    1. I am blowing. Why are you freaky? (Blowing what, exactly?)
    2. How you get so hard, eating espresso of this kind? (I'm not touching this.)
    3. Doublemint gum matters not. Judge me by my doublemint gum, do you? (Well, actually, yes. But I judge you to be double the flavor, and double the fun.)
    4. My guitar is the vacuum cleaner, and an affordable guitar it is. (Affordable, sure. Musical? well....)

MaraJadeSkywalker
    1. I am judging. Why are you sporty? (Oh, is that the wrong look? No, wait, I'll change.)
    2. How you get so modest, eating pilot of this kind? (Um.... no comment)
    3. Fruit bat matters not. Judge me by my fruit bat, do you? (Now that explains some things.)
    4. My Twinkie is the Stormtrooper, and a weak Twinkie it is. (Uh, yeah.)

JediJeff
    1. I am smacking. Why are you fierce? (Flirting again....)
    2. How you get so immense, eating corsets of this kind?
    3. Diplomas matter not. Judge me by my diploma, do you? (Eeek! Reality is creeping into our forum!)
    4. My ticket stub is the green Crayola crayon, and a shiny ticket stub it is. (What kind of event was it, I wonder.)

And, late and last, but not least:
    Bobafemme
    1. I am stretching. Why are you lederhosen? (Hm...)
    2. How you get so hairy, eating eyeballs of this kind? (Eeewwww!!!)
    3. Orchids matter not. Judge me by my orchid, do you? (Only if you're a florist.)
    4. My catnip is the african violet, and an illicit catnip it is. (Hey now,

5. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Mara, you are a princess! All our bad jokes back to haunt us! Hurrah! Woohoo! Now I know where to go for a laugh during a bad day at the office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.