main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Meets Fantasy Earth

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Jun 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Since i've gotten 3 requests, I will. Nice good sized post, too.

The busy sounds of the boarding house roused Qui-Gon from his meditation. It was early morning, judging by the angle of the sunlight coming in through the cut-out window. The Jedi Master stretched his legs and turned to the smiling figure across the small room from him. Anel?de, with her tight hood, was always fresh and ready for the day. Even when they had camped out on the ground, the woman managed to be perky and nimble while Qui-Gon fought back moans and groans.

She reminded him of Obi-Wan in a way. The young man?s dry humor was always a relief in tense and sometimes deadly situations.

?Good morning, Sunshine,? Anel?de greeted cheerfully. ?Breakfast will be served down on the first floor. Lots of bread and water.?

?Hmm, my favorite,? Qui-Gon said.

?This isn?t that hard stuff you?ve been choking down,? Anel?de smiled, unfolding her legs and hopping down off the quilted bed. She stretched, then gave him a sour look. ?My cooking isn?t that bad!?

Qui-Gon smiled and stood, glancing out the window again. The city was waking up. A woman leaned out a second story window and dumped a bucket down on the cobblestone street. A man with wagon cart and mule was shouting out he had fresh bread for sale. Then he turned back and followed the Jedi woman out of their room and out to the balcony.

The large room below them was a raucous of hungry peasants and children. Three maidens were busy brining baskets of bread, pitchers of water, and platters of fruit out onto the long, wooden table. Several children were shouting and wailing, their mothers scolding and wiping at their dirty faces. The men were either finishing their morning meal, or talking loudly about their troubles. Anel?de smiled and began to descended down the ladder-steep stairway. Qui-Gon followed, not liking the creaking of the wood as he stepped down.

Two burly men rose from their bench and made for the door. One of the maidens quickly cleared their plates and crumbs away, making room for Anel?de and Qui-Gon. She wore her blonde hair back in a tight bun, her calico skirt and white apron smudged from kitchen labor. She glanced up and smiled at Qui-Gon, then went back to clearing the table. The Jedi Master noticed the quiet, dutiful, and harried movements of all the maidens. Another, an elder woman with gray braids, entered the large room, burden down with fresh linen.

Qui-Gon watched in some fascination as the old woman clambered up the rickety stairs, not dropping a single linen sheet or losing her balance. Then she disappeared in one of the small rooms upstairs. A moment later, the used linen was tossed down from the balcony, landing with a soft thump on the stone floor.

The effectiveness of it all impressed him.

Most of the early risers had finished their breakfast. The woman with the six children left, carrying one infant and with two toddlers clinging to her brown skirt. Qui-Gon watched them leave, wondering what kind of life she must live. Her reddish hair told of a young age, but her eyes were old and tired, her hands callused, her body built strong and rough. The Jedi Master was beginning to realize the hardships and burdens these people lived with from day to day. He made comment about this to Anel?de.

?Their entire lives revolve around making a living just to eat and live,? Anel?de said. ?There are no vaccines or miracle medications here. That woman with six children; she?s probably given birth to at least ten. Probably at the age of fourteen. She is blessed that so many have survived. The infant might die within a few weeks from a cold. The toddlers from some other disease.?

?But it makes them strong, hardy people,? she continued. ?There are good, pure souls on this planet. Something is lost in modernization, but these people have not lost it. Maybe in the future their moral strength will deter, but it will be some time."

Qui-Gon nodded and watched the maidens finish clear

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Fabulous posts as usual Amidolee. Have fun on your excursion, we'll miss you.

3. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
  4. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I'm still here, just busy! Great post, Amidolee. Oh, the suspense!

5. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Seven

The day wasn?t as warm and sticky as the previous. A nice, cool breeze blew across the meadows as Obi-Wan and Karigan trotted through fields and roads. They had reached G?ladheon territory, but the former had cautioned that it was dangerous to lower their guard in home territory. The enemy could take advantage of a careless whim. So, they kept up their brisk pace, only slowing to rest the horses.

?G?ladheon City will be a two days ride,? Karigan said as they crested a hill. A flat valley stretched out before them before rising into foothills again.

?Through the hills?? Obi-Wan asked.

?Yes,? the princess nodded. ?There?s another valley. The city and castle rest there."

?Just think,? Obi-Wan said cheerfully. ?In two days you?ll be rid of me.?

Karigan smirked and nudged Raven forward. The horses cantered down the knoll and stretched their legs out on the flat valley floor. Large farms stretched on either side of the road, the stone houses large and signifying wealth. A pasture full of horses and cattle ran alongside the cantering duo.

Obi-Wan settled back into the saddle and made his sore back relax. Spending the entire night leaning against saddlebags hadn?t helped his already bruised muscles. Bluebird was behaving, having to save her strength for the day?s rigorous ride. She seemed determined to keep a head in front of Raven. The stallion was just as competitive and fought for his head. Before either riders realized what was happening, both horses launched into a full gallop.

Karigan laughed and gave her stallion his head. The white beast stretched his neck low and plunged ahead. Bluebird snorted defiantly and jerked her head, the reins dragging from Obi-Wan?s fingers. The Jedi Knight lurched in the saddle as the mare gave an angry buck. Then the chestnut shot off after Raven, determined not to be best. Raven ran a good four lengths ahead, but Bluebird ate into his lead. They crossed the valley floor in a mad dash, the tired beasts finding new reserves in their competitive nature. Obi-Wan leaned low, trying to help the runaway horse as best he could.

//We shouldn?t be running them like this// Obi-Wan thought as the end of the valley came into view. He would have stopped Bluebird if it had been in his power, but the mare was too focused on nipping Raven?s white hindquarters as she drew alongside.

Karigan turned her head, saw the mare?s barred teeth, and yanked Raven away from her. She sat back in the saddle and hauled up on the reins. The stallion shook his head furiously, then obeyed. Bluebird shot past. Obi-Wan pulled her up, relieved the animal was now listening to him. The horses were breathing hard and Obi-Wan let Bluebird stretch her neck to the ground.

?I shouldn?t have done that,? Karigan said, patting her horse?s sweaty neck. ?But he wanted to run. We?re going to have to walk them the rest of the way.?

Obi-Wan nodded and picked up the reins. Bluebird snorted softly, then tossed her head and whinnied at Raven. She was clearly taunting him, believing she had won the race. Obi-Wan chuckled and patted her neck. Karigan laughed as well, then they turned their horses and continued down the road.

Aw, it feels good to be here again. Now I have to go finish archiving on the website and work on more posts in this story!!!

6. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Yes, Amidolee, you do that. keep writing! It is good to have you back!

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    *stabs lightsaber into computer screen*

stupid angelfire, stupid stupid stupid!!!

They won't let me login to update my site!!!!! they say the password is wrong, but it was then sent to me and it was right!!!!

stupdi stupid stupid.

I'm almost too ticked off to write!!!

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    This thread sinks fast :-(

?Your Majesty!?

Amilton looked down the red carpet that led from his throne to the page rushing down it. The young man looked most pleased. ?What is it??

?Our scouts have given word of finding the demon?s trail!? the page beamed. ?The mercenary leader has been found. Along with his remaining men.?

?Remaining??

The page?s jubilant features crumbled. ?The demon and the princess slaughtered them, Your Majesty.?

Amilton scowled, glaring darkly ate the nervous page. ?Give orders to Captain Malowe to capture the princess and demon. They are to be delivered to me. No harm will come to the princess, but the demon . . .? a smile crossed his lips. ?The demon may suffer for both of them.?

@ @ @
    @ @ @

Night had descended as Obi-Wan and Karigan rode into the foothills. The horses, whom had once been exhausted, now flicked their tails and pranced under the rising moon. Clusters of trees were like shadowed sentries at the crest of the hills and fields. Karigan had wanted to press on, suddenly eager to return home. Obi-Wan was just as eager to find Qui-Gon. Somehow, he knew his Master would be in G?ladheon. He hadn?t failed his mission at all.

They rode in silence, both tired and worn from the hard days of riding. The horses snorted lightly as they trotted along at a comfortable pace. A soft breeze blew over the hills, causing their manes and tails to flutter like ribbons.

They approached a rise and bend in the hill. It occurred to Obi-Wan that this was a good spot for an ambush. He stretched out with the Force. ?Kari??

The calm night erupted into chaos. From every direction riders swooped down on dark horses. Obi-Wan?s hand flew for his lightsaber. Just as his hand found it, something pieced his arm. Then his leg. He keeled over and fell off Bluebird. The mare reared and bolted, striking out at the raiders. Obi-Wan rolled out of range of the flying hooves and looked down at his arm. A stick with feathers pierced his limbs. He pulled them out, blood beginning to stream down.

?Obi-Wan!? Karigan shouted.

The Jedi spun around and found Karigan wielding her sword at the riders. She had an arrow in her thigh and ropes swinging around her. She hacked at the ropes and riders, kicking Raven into bucks and twists. Obi-Wan unsheathed his sword and began to work on his side.

There was simply too many of them.

Obi-Wan felt more arrows piece his body. Karigan screamed and he saw her yanked off Raven and pulled to the ground. Then she was lost among the hooves and riders. Then he was knocked over by a charging steed. There was no where to go. The horses and riders surrounded him.

Then everything went black.

9. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I like it.

--Mr. P

10. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Ack.....PLEASE CONTINUE!!!!!!

11. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, yeah, Obi-torture! Let that demon suffer--for both of them! Have the men wait until he's awake before they pull out the jagged arrowheads, one at a time, and slowly! Have some salt ready, too, for pouring into open wounds. Yee-ouch! More story, more story!

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000

Qui-Gon jolted awake. He was on his feet in an instant, vaguely aware that Anel?de was stirring awake in the bed. He kicked over his bedroll and looked at her. ?Okay, you know everything that happens around here. What have they done to Obi-Wan??

The Jedi woman sat up and looked at the Jedi Master. Then she closed her eyes and stretched out with the Force. ?I don?t sense anything.?

?Exactly,? Qui-Gon barked. ?He is unconscious.?

Anel?de was on her feet. ?There is anticipation and evil in the minds of the palace. My guess is your Padawan will be brought there and punished.?

@ @ @
    @ @ @

Amilton breathed deeply, content and quite pleased. The princess and her demon had arrived. Both had been taken to the dungeons, but Karigan would be delivered to him the moment she was awake and in one of her finest dresses. Soon everything would be complete and he would be even more powerful. She would be submissive and worship him, as would all the people of all the lands.

The gods had brought this gift to him, and he intended to use it to its full potential.

He turned from the window that overlooked the rising sun. He would rather have the world bathed forever in night. But that was not to be so, and he would have to accept the limitations of his powers, however few there were.

?Your Majesty.?

Amilton turned and stepped to his throne. The curtains parted to reveal a shackled and infuriated Princess Karigan. Her green eyes burned with hatred as she gazed upon him. She wore a jade colored dress with gold trimming. It glorified her beauty and caused her irritation to multiply. Six guards surrounded her, swords pointed in sensitive areas for a quick death. Amilton sensed no fear from her, only that burning hatred.

Good, but fear and hatred would be better.

?Princess,? Amilton said in a slow, deep voice. He stepped down from the throne and approached her. ?Welcome home.?

?Where is my father?? Karigan demanded icily.

?Your father is dead,? Amilton shrugged casually.

?No,? Karigan gasped. She drew herself up to her full height, still inches shorter than the dark figure before her. ?I don?t believe you. You lie.?

Amilton chuckled and caressed her cheek.

Karigan bit his finger. He smacked her across the cheek.

?That was not wise,? Amilton said harshly. ?I could end your life in an instant.?

?Then why don?t you??

?Because,? Amilton said, his tone icy and causing the princess to shiver. ?You have something I want. You possess the gift.?

?No!? Karigan cried, but the doubt was evident in her eyes. ?You?re lying again.?

Amilton chuckled and suddenly sent the Gift to her, letting it?s dark pleasures fill her. Karigan nearly collapsed to the floor. Cold, dark ripples assaulted her, wounding her without hemorrhage. She closed her eyes and tried to fight it, to warm herself from the icy darkness. It as if he had taken possession of her soul and she could not escape or even contemplate it.

Amilton paused in his assault. He knelt down beside the crumpled princess and tilted her chin up. ?That was merely an example, Princess. Merely an example.?

13. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Oooooo! Just started reading this! 5 whole pages of posts in one go! Wheeee!! I'm tingling from the post overload! This is great, Amidolee!

Now, on to the Obi-Torture!

14. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Please, miss, I'd like some more!

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Hehehe, all I have to do is stick Obi-torture in and people start begging!!! That is the secret to fan-fic!!

The stench brought him to his senses. Obi-Wan was aware of the filthy damp and of the rodents scurrying about. He was aware of something crawling on him, digging painfully into a wound. He was aware of the arrow sticking out of his arm, two in his leg, and one in his side.

Obi-Wan was very aware that he was chained down to a hard, wooden bench. And that he couldn?t sense Karigan anywhere nearby. The Jedi apprentice groaned and opened his eyes. He was in a dungeon, a filthy and damp dungeon. One torch lit the cell he was in, causing beady eyes to flicker in the dark corners of the cell. He was stripped of his tunics, his lightsaber was gone. The cold chills caused his skin to feel clammy and sick. He lifted his head and saw what was digging into his wound. An eight-legged spider, black and glistening in the light of the torch. Not many things made Obi-Wan sick, but the Jedi found something new to add to the list. Bile rose in his throat and he gulped it down, grimacing as he did so. He reached out to the Force and flung the large spider off him.

Other insects rushed for the open wound. A short split of wood protruded from the wound. The arrow must have broken off in the struggle. The tiny insects crawled up his arm, eager for blood and meat. Obi-Wan used the Force to fling them off, but there was simply too many tiny creatures to fling. The Jedi apprentice glared at the bugs, glared at his shackled hands and legs, glared at the beady eyes glaring back at him.

This was not going to suit him well.

Obi-Wan struggled in his bindings for a moment, testing the strength of the iron. He was strong, but not strong enough to break the manacles. He collapsed against the wood, wincing as splinters dug into his bare back. He wondered sickly if he had squashed any parasites in the process. Despite the chill, a trickle of sweat ran down his temples. Any twitch of his muscles brought pain from his wounds. They were infected and this if excuse for a Sith prison was not participating in the latest sanitation laws.

The Jedi Padawan closed his eyes and drew the Force around him. He brought it down upon his wounds, trying to find the infections. Just as he set to work, there was a screech of iron against stone. Obi-Wan snapped awake and saw a filthy, hunched creature move into the cell. Its gray, greasy hair hung in grimy tufts. The face was hidden behind the grit. Filthy cloths covered its hunched body and it moved with a limp, humming to itself.

The hunch-back moved down to Obi-Wan?s legs, a pale hand reaching out to the arrow. The hand was skeletal, white, but covered in black grime. It moved to gracefully for such a lumbering creature. The long fingers snaked around the arrow staff, stroking the sanded wood fondly. Then they tightened and pressed down.

Obi-Wan grunted, trying to hold back his cry of pain. Agony assaulted every cell and nerve in his leg. The deathly thin hand then eased the pressure, beginning to twist the arrow slowly, ever so slowly bringing it from the depths of his body. Obi-Wan struggled, forcing his leg to lie still while his upper body screamed to be let loose.

The white hands moved on to the other arrows, stroking each lovingly, then letting them dig deeper. The creature dug until Obi-Wan would cry out. Then it would ease the arrows out, twisting and tearing tissue as it went. By the time the last arrow was freed, Obi-Wan?s entire body was bathed in an icy sweat. The open wounds were festering and pussing. The bleeding had started again.

The creature left, bringing another screech of iron into the cell. Obi-Wan waited not a moment more and brought the Force upon his wounds, slipping into a meditative trance.

16. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    WOW. This is great. Keep it up.

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000

Karigan kept her face pressed against the cold floor, shrinking back as Amilton?s footfalls drew near, then paced away from her. He was trying to intimidate her, and she would make him believe he did. Wild thoughts raced through her mind. Where was Obi-Wan? What had they done with him? Was he alive?

Did she really possess the gift? Or was it the Force, as Obi-Wan had explained it. She?d rather believe it was the Force and not the Curse. Did Amilton know that Obi-Wan was powerful? That he had lifted them and Raven over the Great Wall? She thought about her father, somehow knowing he wasn?t dead. She would know if he was, she would somehow know. That much she knew, the rest was all questions.

And this energy beginning to stir with in her. What was it? She was becoming acutely aware of everything around her, of the stone, the servants, Amilton. They all had a different energy to them, different strengths and powers. It was frightening while being strangely thrilling and assuring.

Four footfalls brought her attention. A guard was approaching. Karigan kept her head down as Amilton strode past her.

?We have confiscated the demon?s possessions,? the guard said in a clipped voice. ?We found this.?

Karigan lifted her head, finding the guard holding the cylindrical object in his hands. Both men turned to her. Amilton knelt down, his eyes blazing at her. ?Do you know what this is?? he asked darkly.

?No,? Karigan lied, adding a little quaver to her voice.

Amilton grabbed her and pulled her up. ?Yes, you do. Now tell me what this thing does.?

Karigan gulped and whimpered, letting her eyes dart around wildly. Amilton tightened his grip on her. ?It?s . . . it?s what gives him his power,? she gasped.

?How does it work?? Amilton demanded, twisting her arm and pulling her against him.

?You hold the open end to your heart,? Karigan mumbled, adding a few gasps of pain in between. ?And push that red button.?

Amilton released her, shoving her back to the floor. Karigan stopped herself from completely falling, her hands splaying out before her. Amilton spoke, ?Give that to me,? he ordered, taking the object. He inspected it, then looked down at Karigan. He caught the hope in her emotions. Suspicious he handed it back to the guard. ?Test it, Captain.?

?Yes, Your Highness.?

There was a snap-hiss and the guard shrieked in agony. Karigan watched as the blue blade of fire pierced his heart, burned it, and he crumpled to the floor. It should have been Amilton, not the guard. Amilton turned his dark eyes to her. The anger boiled inside of him, turning the air a sizzling bolt of heat and energy. Karigan shrank back, not pretending this time. Amilton knew she had tried to kill him, and as of evidence in the past, he would not take it lightly.

18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I have to go write the next posts. I ran out of story without realizing it.

19. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Man! I cannot believe I'm going to be deprived of your stories for a whole week while I'm gone!
    At least I'll have a nice hefty load of posts to read when I get back, though. Right? Right?
    :) :)

Great job so far Amidolee!

20. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Hurry! What comes next? Tell me pleeeease!

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Shoot, I opened my file and realized I hadn't finished today's post. Give me a few minutes, okeday?

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000

Lnora, maiden to the princess, frowned at the contents in the bucket that Master Frase had handed her. Amilton had ordered the handmaidens to carry workloads as well. She despised the man now, scolding herself for falling for a handsome face. Now time to worry about it now, she chided. She had to administer the potions to the prisoners.

King Andres had developed a particularly successful method of keeping prisoners in their chains. The castle wizard had developed a potion that caused hallucinations. The prisoners were too scared to leave, and too incompetent to realize they were being poisoned. The dungeon?s guard would go around and check the prisoners? pupils to be sure they had taken the dosage. Then they would leave and laugh as the insane screams and cries floated through the stone.

Lnora hated the dungeon. It was rank, damp, dark, and full of rats. It was kinder to execute the criminal rather than subject them to the torture below the castle. She heaved up the bucket and spoons, then departed through the kitchen, taking several passages down to the lowest levels. The burly dungeon guard sat on a heavy bench, just outside the only entrance and exit to the dungeon. Lnora presented the bucket and he let her through.

She descended into the dark, carrying one torch. A rat scuttle around her feet and she forced herself not to panic. The moans of the prisoners made her skin crawl, the stench smarted her nose, the cold caused her to shiver. Lnora couldn?t wait to leave.

The maiden came to the first row of chained criminals. The skeletal-like beings of filth gazed at her with beady eyes. Two were dead, their bodies left to rot and spread disease throughout the others. She began to spoon the potion into their hanging mouths, none of them protesting, too far gone to even care. She wondered sometimes if they welcomed the monsters of their nightmares, opposed to the disease-ridden rats and dark.

Then she moved towards the end, where the separate chambers were kept for the particularly sinful and dangerous. She was not to administer to them, except for the newest addition. Lnora came to the first barred gate and fished for the key in her apron pocket. She unlocked the gate and swung it open, wincing at the horrible shriek. Then she stepped in, careful to leave to partially open, if she needed a quick escape.

The prisoner was ironed to the woodblock. His arms and legs were restrained by iron molds. She set down her bucket beside the block and waved the torch over him, wondering what such a dangerous man would look like. It shocked her to find the criminal so young, probably around twenty or so. He was strong, but she did not believe him dangerous. Wounds pierced his clammy skin, but they looked to be long healed.

The man opened his eyes, startling Lnora from her inspection. He looked at her in surprise, obviously not expecting a young woman to be administering to him. Lnora saw instantly, but this man?s gaze, that he could not be a killer or whatever he had been accused of.

?Pardon me, sir,? Lnora whispered, remembering her manners. ?I am suppose to give you medicine.? She dipped the wooden dipper into the bucket, then paused. ?It isn?t medicine really. It is a poison.? When he gave no reply, she continued. ?What is your name, sir??

?Obi-Wan Kenobi,? he answered in a lilted accent. His voice was hoarse and she wondered how long he had been here.

?What were you put in here for??

?Rescuing the princess from bandits,? Obi-Wan muttered.

Lnora gave a start. ?Oh! You?re the one Amilton is after!? She shook her head and wiped her hands on her apron. ?The poor Princess . . . he is something awful to her. No one knows what to do.?

Obi-Wan watched the maiden?s face flicker in the light of the torch. It was a homely face, but he had never seen anything so beautiful after being trapped in the cold dark. ?What is you name?? he asked.

?Lnora,? she smiled. ?Maiden to Her Highness.?

Footsteps on stone echoed. Lnora tensed. ?The Guardsm

23. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Wow, this has gotten so incredibly awesome while I was gone! But two words for you: Maggots. Ew. Lovely post there. =p Anyway, great bad guy! Just a great story.

Hm. I'm beginning to see a similarity between these names ~ Kari, Cali, Siri (from JA #9 which stunk), and Sari. Hm. ;)

More soon?

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well Cali's full name is Cali-Ana, Sari's is Sariannalynn, and Karigan, well, Obi-Wan just called her Kari for short. Pet name.

Chapter Eight

The darkness descended upon him. Obi-Wan watched the torches flames bob against the dark stones, then finally disappear. It seemed the moment the light died, the screams began. It was a nice, dramatic effect, Obi-Wan thought. Alone, cold, and miserable, he tried to block away the wrought-up screeches and cries. He wondered vaguely how long the poison lasted and how soon it would set in. He couldn?t tell if he was dizzy or not, since it was simply to black.

The maiden had been a glimmer of hope. If he knew what was happening out there, he still might be able to get himself out of this mess. It occurred to him that he might be a little late in finding Qui-Gon. He hoped his Master didn?t mind.

Light flickered over the walls and he heard footsteps approaching. As the light flicker, Obi-Wan caught movements in the corner. A thousand beady eyes stared at him, blinking in the light. As the light grew, it cast over the enormous body of the creature. Then Obi-Wan saw the spindly legs protruding from the body. Eight legs. The fangs of the gigantic spider clicked together, rubbing in anticipation.

It moved, growing larger in the light. The Jedi flinched as it moved towards him, the eight legs clicking on the stone. Click-click, click-click. It echoed off the walls, becoming a thousand pounding clicks, a thousand spiders racing down for their meal. As the beady eyes peered down at him, he saw more of them, more eyes and legs. More clicks, more fangs. The monster was carrying its nesting. The baby spiders began to scurry around the room in a frantic dance, clicking madly, excited as their nest mother closed in on their meal.

Obi-Wan saw venom drip from the fangs, but did not scream. Sweat trickled down his forehead and he lay very still, although his muscles threatened to spasm. He willed it away, but his mind was beginning to race in a frightened frenzy. The black thing loomed over him, clicking as the nestlings began to screech in their hunger. The venom dripped down, burning Obi-Wan?s skin. Then they plunged down.

Obi-Wan began to scream.

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Did you enjoy Obi-torture? Jane, I want to know what you think since you are the expert ;-)

@ @ @
    @ @ @

Qui-Gon jerked, startling his horse and nearly falling to the ground. Obi-Wan! He felt his Padawan?s fear through the Force. Obi-Wan feared just about nothing, which had gotten him into sticky situations in the past. The fear was raw and frantic, almost unreal. The Jedi Master stared hard at the stone castle, willing it to crumble. It stayed, laughing at his futile attempt.

?We will find him,? Anel?de said gently from aboard her mount. ?The best way into the palace is through the waste chute.?

?Human or food??

?Both,? the woman said almost cheerfully. ?Or, we could always pay our respects to the new king and enter that way. But we would have to be of high-status. We can get as far as the courtyard without question.?

?Good,? Qui-Gon said.

They rode their animals towards the draw bridge that led into the castle. The guards nodded to them and they trotted over the heavy wood. The rode into the courtyard, which was not as bustling as Qui-Gon thought it should have been. There was no cheerful business, only the sobered mood of the royals and servants mulling about. They dismounted and tied their horses at the post rail.

?Over there,? Anel?de motioned quietly. ?In the far corner, that servant girl.?

They made their way across the courtyard, using the Force to slip by unnoticed. The young maiden was busy scrubbing out a bucket, dirty rags soaking in another. She looked up as they came near, then continued to scrubbing. ?How may I assist you, Sir? Madame??

Qui-Gon felt the Force whisper to him. ?We are looking for a young man that might have been brought into your dungeons a not long ago.?

The maiden gave a start, then continued scrubbing. ?I do not travel down to the dungeons, Sir.?

?But you did today.?

The maiden looked up sharply. ?You could get into a lot of trouble, Sir. Speaking to me an all.?

?Have you seen the young man? Goes by the name of Obi-Wan.?

The maiden glanced around, then nodded, lowering her eyes and speaking softly. ?I administered to him not long ago.?

?He is in the dungeons then?? Anel?de asked.

?Yes.? The maiden looked up at them. ?I must give him poison. It is the only way to keep him alive. It will wear off in a few hours.?

?How may we reach the dungeon?? Qui-Gon asked.

?There is only one way in and out,? the maiden said.

?Lnora!?

The maiden looked around her wildly. ?I must go. Meet me here tonight.? Then she picked up the buckets and disappeared within the castle walls.

Qui-Gon turned to Anel?de. ?I hope you didn?t have any plans tonight.?

?Not at all,? she said, turning and ambling towards the center of the courtyard. ?We must leave the castle, then return later and find good cover until our friend returns.?

?Do you think Amilton will deal with Obi-Wan before tonight?? Qui-Gon asked.

?I do not know,? Anel?de said quietly. ?Let us hope not.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.