main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW monopoly

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by FlareStorm, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Anyone have Star Wars monopoly? I missed getting it in its first pass, now it's out again.

Whats it like? I assume the rules for regular monopoly are the same. Are the properties SW locales? Just wondering if its worth the money.

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, all the properties are SW locales. Boardwalk is Coruscant, Starships are the railroads and utilities are the moisture farm and something else... anyway it's pretty cool. Me and my friends play it on some of the longer games nights.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got the AOTC Monopoly. All of the locations on it are from AOTC. The four corners on the board (GO, Jail, etc) are the same as regular Monopoly. Chance and Community Chest are replaced by Jedi and Sith. The 'men' are small AOTC figures - including Mace, Jango, Anakin, Super Battle Droid, Dooku and a clone trooper. The Light and Dark Side of the Force come into play depending on what character you use. There is also a 'Force die' that is used, but as I haven't played the game I haven't read the instructions that well. Apartments and Towers replace houses and hotels.

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I asked for AOTC Monopoly 2 years ago for Christmas. Alas! I got regular Monopoly :(

5. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I have OT monopoly. Anyone have TPM monopoly?

6. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    I've got the old "Collector's Edition" version of the OT SW Monopoly, as I recall. It came with a little pewter Anakin Skywalker figurine, and 3 little coins representing different systems (Ord Mantell, Alderaan, and Bespin, I think).

7. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Where the coins for the game, or just collector's items?

8. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Well... you could use them for the game, as 1000-credit coins (the game came with 5 or 6 1000-credit Coruscant coins, as I recall) but they came with a little plastic baggie to put them in, and I always kept them separate from the game. They were really cool.

9. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Hehe, I agree, I have it and love it to death. It is quite fun.

10. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I have the PC Star Wars Monopoly and it came with the Ord Mantell, Alderaan, and Bespin coins. Also it came with the Anakin Skywalker pewter figurine. It is, of course, the Anakin that is no longer in Return of the Jedi after the dvd release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.