main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW movies you have watched on the big screen

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Millennium Falcon 888, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Only saw AOTC at 5, skipped ROTS cause I was scared, saw TCW film at 11, and saw TFA at 18.

2. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Seen all general releases/special editions bar the original theatrical release of ANH (too young). Never seen an IMAX version, though. Damn I should get right on that for TFA!

Oh and I didn't bother with the 3D release of TPM. :(

Can't remember much from Empire. I just have this great memory as a kid walking with my Mum to the cinema, and I have one pretty vivid memory of the Walkers from the Hoth battle scene. Nothing else. Bu I can still remember looking around the cinema, and to this day I know I was right up the back. Some things stick, I guess.

Saw the SE's opening day, and TPM twice on its opening day! Saw AOTC at a midnight session on a whim after a night out. While driving home my friends and I decided, hey why wait for the session we'd already pre-booked on the opening day, and we rocked up to the local cinema to watch it in a state of inebriation. I had to sit right down the front, and was stuck on the wall near a drunk who had passed out, and smelled of vomit. So can't really say I'm not a committed SW fan.

Ah Salad Days. :)

3. Unit51

Unit51 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    I was four when Star Wars came out. We saw it that summer and then saw all of them in theatres. Jedi was the first movie I got to see more than once in theatre. What a time that was.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. Red Solo

Red Solo Jedi Knight

Jan 9, 2016
    I have seen 3,4,6 & 7 at the theatre.

Going to the movies was not a common occurrence for me as a kid and I still don't go too often.
    I'm somewhat of a tightwad.

5. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    I've seen all of them in the theare.

I was 8 when I saw SW back in 77. It was the first time a movie blew me away, and I was a fan for life. I've seen all of them in the theatre and camped out for the prequels. I was 14 when ROTJ came out, so I was limited how many times I could see it in the theatre as it was a small town and we lived in the country. Heck I rode my bike 10 miles (each way)to see it, because my parents wouldn't drive me. (I was 14).

With the PT, I was able to enjoy them thru the eyes of my son who was 5 or 6 when TPM came out.

6. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I've seen them all in the theatre. I was in my early 20's in 1977 and old enough to develop a huge crush on Han Solo.;)

7. TOASTEROVEN

TOASTEROVEN Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    Wow- I last used this account in maybe 2007, and I'm kind of stunned that it still works. Dumb luck coming up with the password.

Let's see...
    ANH - twice in the theaters in 1977, and at least once on a rerelease (1979?)
    ESB - twice in the theaters in 1980, and at least once in a rerelease (1981?)
    ROTJ - twice in the theaters in 1983

The Special Editions - in the theaters in 1997 (ESB twice)
    TPM -11 times in the theaters in 1999-2000 (movies were really inexpensive where I was living at the time, and, darn it, I liked TPM)
    AOTC - 3 or 4 times in 2002
    ROTS - 5 times in 2005
    TPM - in 3-D twice in 2012

TFA - in 2015-16 3 times and counting...

8. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    TPM,AOTC,ROTS,TPM 3D, and TFA.... cant recall if I saw TCW movie in theaters though.

9. Han Vader

Han Vader Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2016
    My father took us to see all three original films in the theaters in the years they came out.

I saw TPM in the theaters, followed by TFA.

10. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    AOTC, ROTS, and TCW ( the crappy Movie, not the good show) I still need to see TFA.

11. steelneena

steelneena Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2007
    I was in the 5th grade when RotS came out, so it was the first one I saw in theatres, though I was introduced to the saga at age 7. I'll never ever forget that experience. It defined my childhood. The whole theatre was clapping. Even my dear brother, the PT naysayer liked it.

I wish I hadn't seen TFA in theatres.

12. Sunrider7

Sunrider7 Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2015
    ROTS, TCW, TPM (3D Re-release) and TFA. Chronological order.

13. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009

From reading other responses, have to add that I haven't seen:
    - TPM 3-D
    - AOTC IMAX/digital - which, as I understand it, was a slightly different cut. The IMAX cut was shorter than the original, but the theatrical digital release did include additional material, added to the DVD cut. Apparently the IMAX version also included some of this additional material.

Also should mention that I saw the original 1977/1978 cut of SW in the cinemas, plus the 1981 re-release, which included the 'Episode IV: A New Hope' addition to the opening scroll. As far as I can tell, the only theatrically released SW films that I haven't seen in a cinema are:

- Star Wars (May 25, 1977 premiere cut)
    - Attack of the Clones (IMAX)
    - Attack of the Clones (digital)
    - The Clone Wars (2008)
    - The Phantom Menace 3-D

I didn't see TFA in 3-D, but as far as I'm concerned, a 3-D release these days is nothing more than a cheap, headache-inducing gimmick, so not counting it. I'll count the 3-D TPM cut as one I haven't seen, as I'm guessing it was the longer DVD cut.

14. zisme

zisme Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2016
    ANH - 1997 re-release (pretty sure)
    ROTJ - 1997 re-release (positive)
    TPM - at least twice
    AOTC - only once I think
    ROTS - twice
    TFA - three times so far (imax 3d, 3d, and 2d)

15. Bossk74

Bossk74 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 15, 2016
    I've seen all of them in theaters when they were originally released..with the exception of the first Star Wars film. I did see the SE edition of that one though in 1997.

ESB- First movie I remember seeing in theaters and what a first movie to see.
    ROTJ - Saw this in Myrtle Beach , SC with my family.
    Star Wars ANH SE in 1997 saw this in South Korea.
    Episode 1 saw this while I lived in Louisiana
    AOTC saw this in SC.
    ROTS saw this several times in theater
    TFA twice in theaters

:boba:

16. Larsonator

Larsonator Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2016
    Just TPM 3D and TFA. Somehow missed out on TCW which still makes no sense to me since I was into the series since day one and had a few of the figures before that...

17. Black Leader

Black Leader Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 4, 2016
    All except AOTC & ANH.

Though they did a triple bill of the OT at uni with a projector, does that count ? :)

18. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    A New Hope (1997 Special Edition) - 1
    The Empire Strikes Back (1997 Special Edition) - 1
    Return of the Jedi (1997 Special Edition) - 1
    The Phantom Menace (1999 Theatrical Edition) - 11
    Attack of the Clones (2002 Theatrical Edition) - 1
    Revenge of the Sith (2005 Theatrical Edition) - 1
    The Clone Wars (2008) - 1
    The Phantom Menace 3D (2011 Special Edition) - 2
    The Force Awakens (2015) - 2

19. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    Episodes : 4 and 5 ,2,3 in the theaters. Its a shame a did not see Star Wars :ANH and Star Wars TPM not in the theaters.:_|
    1980 ESB at 5 years old
    1983 ROTJ at 8 years old
    2002 AOTC
    2005 ROTS
    2015 TFA

20. Too-Gon Onbourbon

Too-Gon Onbourbon Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    All of them on first release. Star Wars I didn't see until a few weeks after release.

21. DarthCricketer

DarthCricketer Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2016
    Only TFA (several weeks after its release); saw it in nice, simple 2D

22. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    I believe my first one was Attack of the Clones, then got to see the midnight premiere of Revenge of the Sith, then the Force Awakens on opening night. Favorite of all that I've seen on the big screen: TFA, definitely

23. OneTrueOverlord

OneTrueOverlord Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    First film I remember actually seeing was Phantom Menace, and I may have seen it twice in the Theatres.
    I saw Attack of the Clones once,
    Revenge of the Sith twice,
    and the Force Awakens three times

The only time I saw any of the Original Trilogy was the Empire Strikes Back at Secret Cinema last year.

24. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Only seen TFA and the TCW movie in the cinema. Seeing TFA in the cinema was amazing.

25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    Revenge of the Sith
    The Force Awakens

I'd love to see the OT on the big screen.