main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW movies you have watched on the big screen

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Millennium Falcon 888, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The only time I've ever felt 3D was worth it was for Avatar (and the TPM rerelease).

2. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    I've only seen TCW movie, TPM 3D, and TFA (4x; 2x in regular 3D, 1x in IMAX 3D, and 1x regular non-3D)

Wished I could have seen them all though.

3. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Attack of the Clones - Saw once in theatres, don't remember much about it.
    Revenge of the Sith - Saw it twice in theatres, I remember loving it.
    The Clone Wars - Saw it for my 12th birthday and remember not liking it, I still don't like it.
    The Force Awakens - I saw it 12/19 in IMAX 3D and loved it. I later saw it in a standard theatre and still loved it.

4. Warren Moonwalker

Warren Moonwalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2015
    all of them. i was around when they re-released the OT for the big screen back in the late 90s. and then TPM, AotC, RotS and TFA i've seen as well. AotC i've seen like 3 times on the big screen even though it's not my favorite, i just happened to have the opportunity

5. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I've watched ROTS and TFA in theaters. I have particularly fond memories of watching ROTS as that was the only time I went into a drive thru theater.

6. MoonFyre

MoonFyre Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2016
    I've seen only AOTC, ROTS and TFA in theaters.

7. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    All of them at the time of release.

Being very young I needed my family to take me and we were not a movie going family.

My sister took me to ANH ( I had no idea what the movie was) then we all went to TESB and my father take me to ROTJ though he had no interest himself. So I got to see them all once at that time. Then of course for the SE's and the PT I was older.

8. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I've seen all seven in theaters. The OT was with the Special Editions. I also saw TPM 3D twice.

9. Prespious

Prespious Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2016
    I guess I'm letting everyone in on my age, I saw all Episodes in the theater, though I was 3 when the original Star Wars came out, my dad took me to the drive-in. We stayed for two showings, as he was completely surprised by how much he enjoyed the movie and apparently, I begged him to stay for another showing. The girl he was dating at the time, didn't appreciate having to take a taxi home (obviously that relationship ended that evening). He didn't care, he was psyched to watch it again. We ended up seeing Episode 4 five times in all, in the theater. Episode 5, 8x including opening night, Episode 6, 12x (including 2x on opening day in White Plains N.Y.). I went to all of the re-releases 3x in the theater, and had the VHS versions, along with the Original VHS set. I used to watch those at least 2x a year, until I got the Blu-ray set last year of all episode.
    I've seen Ep. 1 in the theater 10x, Ep. 2, 8x, and Ep. 3 5x.
    I've seen TFA in the theater 4x.
    As I've gotten older, my free time has started to dwindle, however we have a 4$ theater in town that I'm sure I'll make my way to a couple of times before TFA ends its run.

10. JediChipKelly

JediChipKelly Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2016
    Saw SW in 1977 as a 5 year old and only remember the Vader interrogation scene with Leia and the crowd erupting when the death Star blew up.

Saw ESB in 1980 and still remember being grossed out when Han cut open the TaunTaun.

Saw ROTJ in 1983 and my first memory was Luke arriving at Jabba's Palace wearing all black and looking badass!

Saw TPM, AOTC, ROTS & TFA in the theaters too so I'm 7 for 7.

11. Darthman92

Darthman92 Force Ghost star 6

Feb 24, 2016
    All of them technically. (well, except for the "CLONE WARS" film anyway if we're counting it as well) Saw the '97 re-releases of the OT. (My dad even took my brothers and I to the theater he saw them in when he was young for it) And saw each of the films after that as they came out, plus the 2012 re-release of TPM.

12. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The SEs, PT, and TFA for me. Probably done with Star Wars in the theater from here on out given that I only get to a few movies a year, and usually don't waste the trips on yearly action franchises.

13. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    The Phantom Menace
    Revenge Of The Sith
    The Empire Strikes Back
    The Force Awakens

14. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    TPM
    AOTC
    ROTS (midnight showing)
    TFA (opening day)

15. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    oh yeah I forgot to mention I saw TFA on the 17th and I was with my oldest brother and his best friend and they were the ones that got me into Star Wars in the first place so it was supposed to be a really special event, buuuuuut my brother's friend decided he wanted to try and spoil the movie for me the whole car ride there, even though I already heard the rumors about what happened I still thought it was rude lol. So I came to the decision that I'm not going with him to see Episode 8 lol

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  16. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    The PT and TFA.

17. Italian Ackbar

Italian Ackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2015
    Revenge of the Sith
    TCW movie
    The Phantom Menace in 3D
    and The Force Awakens, for three times.

I'm only 19, so it could be worse

18. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi in '83, the SEs opening nights in '97, the PT on their opening days(TPM maybe 10x thanks to a budget theatre where the tix were $1.25 and AotC a second time) and TFA opening weekend plus a couple times since. Did not see OOT ANH and TESB or the TCW or the 3D releases on the big screen.

19. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    RotJ, TPM, AotC, RotS,TFA

RX-77 why did you skip the first 2 prequels?

RX-77 likes this.
  20. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    The PT, TFA, and TCW.

21. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Sadly, I've only watched The Phantom Menace and The Force Awakens on the big screen... With everything else on cable, thanks to a rerun of the PT and OT shown on one of the channels for three weekends, just before TFA opened in Malaysia on December 18.

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

22. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    I saw Attack of the Clones in the theater....I remember voting in favor of seeing it so I could finally see a star wars film on the big screen!
    Went and saw Revenge of the Sith in theater. I have vivid memories of acknowledging it was better than the last two as me and my mom were walking out but cringing at that scream from Vader.

I went and saw The Force Awakens four times in theater. Worth every penny.

23. RX-77

RX-77 Jedi Padawan

Jan 13, 2016

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I've seen them all more than once, save for AOTC and TCW. Different circumstances prevented that.

25. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    RX-77 I know the feeling. My girlfriend didnt want to watch Star Wars until she finally gave in. I wouldnt say she is hooked but she does like it and she was really excited to see The Force Awakens

RX-77 likes this.