So CO SW OT DVD Release Event September 21st.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    So, I was just talking with Sith__Chick in Denver and she suggested that we do something for the release of the Star Wars Original Trilogy DVD set.

Any ideas?

We could get together with a local Best Buy or Media Play and try to arrange something. But arrange WHAT is the question. If they promote that we will be in costume then it may draw customers to their store. And we get a recruitment opportunity. Maybe if we planned well there could be scheduled lightsaber combat sessions (well choreographed in advance, like at RenFest) in the parking lot?

Other ideas? Suggestions? We could get our T-Shirts made up and maybe give a couple as prizes or promos?
  2. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the idea of costuming/dueling. We could even link up w/local 501st and leigon members so we all dont cruise up to any one big evernt in denver or something.Show the SW groups have coheison.
  3. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    Definately want to link up with the 501st as well.

I'm also in the works on the EPIII premier event but will wait until after the RMFF meeting this weekend to begin exploring anything there.
  4. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    wow. we still have like 398 days til that. i would like to do something to promote the OT release.

EDIT 398 for EPIII. far less for the OT release.
  5. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    uh, you might try reading the first post again....
  6. COS_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, I'm SL1422 with the 501st Mountain Garrison and I'm certain we could do something with your group. We already have plans for MediaPlay in the works, but probably should get you guys on board if you're interested.

Just email me and I'll hook you up with the Garrison Commander if you so wish.

Kev
  7. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    COS_Vader, yes we would love to work with the 501st! PM sent...
  8. COS_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's the contact for you. jorndorff@att.net John is the CO of the 501st MG here in Colorado Springs. I emailed him and he may have some stuff for you guys to participate in very soon, if you're interested.

Kev
  9. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    Bump

I am posting at the MG501 boards about this and the state fair.
  10. COS_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope the 501st and the SCFF can work something out for this. It would be awesome!

I've been working with the RMFF on the X-Wing project for this coming weekend (hint... hint... Come to Lowry AFB and join in the fun) and it has been a great honor for me as a 501st MG member to work alongside the FanForce to the point I feel like one of the family.

I'd like to strengthen my ties with the SCFF as well, as I have told Jennifer (RMFF). I just need to get to one of your meetings for once rather than keep missing them by accident!

I hope something can be worked out that helps both of our groups gain membership and camaraderie.

Kev
  11. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    well, the RMFF and the SCFF are the same and different. All the SCFF members are also RMFF members.
  12. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    well your posting here, so your a member in my eyes. Feel free to post here.

and I will be up there on sunday for the X wing thing too.
  13. TK680 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi Guys,

I would love to work with you at the DVD release. But right now we are waiting to hear from LFL on what they have planned for us for the release. We have had 3 requests for the 501st to date and I had to let them know that LFL has priority and that we are waiting to hear from them. I hope to hear something by Sunday 7-12..

We don't even know if they will have anything going on in Colorado but if I don't hear anything soon I will start planning our own thing and we will definately let you guys know when and where. It looks like it will most likey be the Citadel Crossing Media Play though if the LFL thing doesn't pan out.

If LFL does get back to us I will also let you know what is going on there and you guys will be invited to help us make a great showing.

Thanks for the posting and I will keep you informed.

TK680
    John Orndorff
    Mountain Garrison
    Commanding Officer
  14. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    Looking forward to it! Whatever IT may be.
  15. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    "well, the RMFF and the SCFF are the same and different. All the SCFF members are also RMFF members."

*clears throat*

i really do need to be older and get my drivers liscense(i got screwed by that new law)

other wise i would be able to go.
  16. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    i agree with that law in so many ways, yet being a youngling once myself i think i would be just as PO'd by it. in the end it should help save lives.

SITH:Wont you be back in school by then?
  17. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah, but i might beable to get my mom to let me go, its in the begining of the year so there wont be too much stuff to make up, and it should be pretty easy to convince my mom to let me.
  18. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    Kevin had a great idea for the DVD release.
    The 501st has an awsome reletionship with the south mediaplay,so he is going to check with the bosses of the north media play to see if there could be a double event. With the groups at both mediaplay this could be a huge recruitment drive. There was also talk about members hopping between stores doing "raids".

If the bosses go for who would be up for it? I like the idea, who is interested?
    Who would have what costume?
  19. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm up for this one pending job arrangements. If I switch jobs in the near future (got an interview coming up) I may not be able to take off during the week as I already have to take a couple of days at the beginning of Sept and may have training the week before the release out of town.

But then again, you never know how a new employer will feel about time off...
  20. Darth-Horax Force Ghost

star 6
    I would love to get involved in that, but I don't have a costume. :( Anybody want to make one for me?
  21. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    uber cool!! I am going to try and complete a jedi by then for me. you could try one to.
  22. RavLoc_Vos Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey All

I know that I can get at least 3 Jedi and 1 X-Wing Pilot. I need more info do we meet at the store or elsewhere? What time? and for how long?? Any help would be Grand!! Later days....
  23. COS_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    I have 3 spare costumes available:
    EPS 1 Jedi (you'll need to supply boots)
    Black Stealth Trooper (need boots or black sneakers)
    C3PO (just need black sweats and shoes)

Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to loan them out to any SCFF member as long as they are returned in the same condition as loaned.

Kev
  24. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    hey kev, any word on what we are doing?
  25. COS_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    The North people do NOT seem interested at all, as they never return my calls therefore I've chatted with the 501st and we are welcome join them at the South Store (across from Citadel Mall).

I will make one more attempt with the Manager of the North MediaPlay this week and give them a chance, otherwise plan on the South store where we will have an area set aside for the Rebels.

Kev
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.