main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games SW Photo Caption Game

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Pensivia, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Ok all you fabulous SWC'ers out there, here's my first attempt to start a new game*!

Here are the rules:

1) Every week or so, a "game manager" will post between 1 to 3 new SW-related photos or film/TV stills. The image must be a still shot/screen grab from a SW movie or TV series (or who knows, maybe even the beloved Holiday Special[face_laugh]), a behind-the-scenes shot, or an official publicity still. (NO FAN-CREATED OR FAN-ALTERED IMAGES, please).

2) Users will then try to caption any or all of the new photo(s) posted in a humorous (but TOS-appropriate) way. Users are welcome to post more than one caption per image, but should do so in a way that avoids double-posting or otherwise spamming the thread.

3) For each new round, the person who posted that round's photo(s) will act as the (unofficial) "game manager." That person will review all the captions that have been posted and pick whichever caption they liked best. (Note that, when acting as the game manager, you are welcome to post your own caption(s) for that round's image(s), but you cannot select any of your own captions as that round's winner.) The game manager will announce that round's "winner," and then that person will choose a new photo or photos to post and will become the sole judge for the next round...and so on, and so on. The trick will be to select images that easily lend themselves to silly/humorous captions!

4) Once you finish a round as game manager, you will be ineligible to be selected as the winner for one additional round (the round immediately following the one you judged), though you are always welcome to post a caption or captions.

Sorry, but since this is an unofficial game, there are no colors to win--just the satisfaction of giving a few laughs to your fellow SWC'ers and knowing that you've been successful in wasting a little more of your time on the internet:p

So, here's the first photo:

[​IMG]

Have at it!

*Thanks to Bardan_Jusik for his assistance with setting this up.

2. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

Hey, listen kid, between us...if GL is going to want us to dance after getting those medals...then I'm probably not going to be sticking around for any sequels.

3. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    It's a little known fact that the "Lost Cut" of Star Wars showed a much greater influence from The Wizard of Oz than was apparent in the finished film.

4. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Yay! The thread is off andrunning! [face_dancing] Thanks to Ananta Chetan and Bail B. Baobab for getting things started with those amusing contributions!=D=

Keep 'em coming, SWC!

Kao Cen Darach likes this.
  5. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    "Pull my finger, Mark."

6. Crystalia

Crystalia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 24, 2013
    "look Kid, I don't care about how good you are at Ballet, we are getting ready for the 18th take"

7. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Playing off Crystalia's caption a bit:

"Forget space opera...let's make this a space ballet!"

8. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Stupid Hammil is going to make me lose my balance.

Pensivia likes this.
  9. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Just an announcement: anyone else who would like to post a caption for the first photo needs to post it by tonight (Saturday).

Sometime tomorrow, I will be choosing one of the five entries posted from this week (my "entry" doesn't count of course) as the first big winner:p. I will tag that person and then they will get to select the next photo and pick the winning caption from the next round of entries. (If anyone who wins doesn't have a new photo already in mind and doesn't want to spend time looking for one, I have at least ten possibilities already assembled in a list I'd be happy to share.)

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  10. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    This is past the deadline, so I understand that this won't eligible for competition, but I'm submitting it as an out-of-competition entry.

George Lucas (giving directions to Harrison Ford): Well, our idiot set designer built the stairs going the wrong way, and with our limited budget, we can't afford to fix it. So, Harrison, I'm going to need you to do that thing where you pretend you're walking down a set a stairs by bending your legs more and more as you move forward...
    Now, what's wrong Harrison? You can't keep your balance!? Come on, we're running behind schedule. Look, Mark just hold Harrison's hand so he won't fall over...
    Would you stop giggling, Hamill!?! Harrison can't stay in character! Okay, everybody, let's give it another take..."

(BTW, I know according to the rules Pensivia can't win this, but she would get my vote for the best entry if I were the judge.)

11. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    "You have all captioned gallantly. Worthy of recognition in the archives of the Jedi Council Forums. Now...[this round] is finished."

I really enjoyed all the entries in this first round and choosing just one was harder than I anticipated! Hopefully we can keep this going for while so that everybody will have a chance to host:p

The winner and host of round 2 is...Ananta Chetan!

[​IMG]

YAAAAAAY!!!!

12. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Excellent choice of a photo, Pens.

13. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks, Frank! I found a few other good ones that will be waiting in the wings...

Frank T. likes this.
  14. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    "It is with great reluctance that I have agreed to this award. I love democracy … I love the SWC. The power you give me I will lay down once a new winner is selected."

:p

15. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    "I sense a disturbance in the Force."

My Force powers tell me that Ananta Chetan is ready to begin Round 2 of our little game, so look for the new photo to be posted here soon!:)

16. Crystalia

Feb 24, 2013
    The winner and host of round 2 is... Ananta Chetan
    -------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

in all seriousness good choice :D

*waits for next pic* :p

17. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
  18. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Round 2
    *Fires a Solo-esque blaster pistol into the air to signal the start* :p

[​IMG]

19. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    "It was beauty killed the beast."

20. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    I told Han I'd rather kiss a Wookiee. It turns out Han is a rather literal guy...

21. Crystalia

Feb 24, 2013
    "I happen to like nice hairy men"

best I got for this one :(

22. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    It's not really cheating if your wife is ambiguously canon.

23. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    "Who knew this big walking carpet could be my personal transport?"

Admiral Volshe and Pensivia like this.
  24. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
  25. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    If his arms are this long, what about...

Kao Cen Darach likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.