main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive SW Photograph - The Fourth Extinction

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by tran0207, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tran0207

tran0207 Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2006
  2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello tran0207, and welcome to Fan Art! We don't see much SW photography here, so this is cool! And your "do lightsabers cast a shadow?" comment had me giggling pretty good! ...DO they...? :confused: ;) It's a unique approach, with the costumed characters set in RL landscapes and environments--sort of jarring, but also cool in that regard. Are these your friends and yourself in the photos? If so, it must be tough to both set up the frame and then try to run into it during a shutter-delay (tried that with vacation photos, and it never works for me, lol!)! Thanks for sharing these, and we'll look forward to more! Again, welcome!

FF

3. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    :eek:
    =D=

Awesome Photos. My jaw dropped. My two favorite were the Fourth Extinction and lightsaber duel in Minneapolis. I love that skyline! (I do have to play favorits on that one [face_dancing] ) There is something about black and white Photos that are very dramatic. well done! =D=

4. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Those looks awesome tran0207=D=, I especially loved the last one ?Tragedy? very sad.

5. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    welcome to the fan art board, Tran0207!! Awesome pictures, great job!

And as for the question of sabers casting shadows, if you watch return of the jedi (this cracks me up) Vader, as he's advancing on luke in some scenes, like the one where Luke's backing up the stairs, look on the floor and you'll see a stick shadow of Vaders saber. VERY amusing!!!!

God bless!
    ~N

6. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Yeah, and if you tell that to a mega Star Wars nerd I am sure he will have a logical explanation for that. :p

LOL!!

My husband often has to tell me, "Honey, Star Wars is not a documentary!" [face_laugh]

Excellent photos Tran0207!!=D=

AG88

7. tran0207

tran0207 Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2006
    Thanks everybody!

FalconFan: This is just me in the picture. I had the camera on a tripod and my girlfriend operated the shutter via a remote control as I laid down on the ground in various poses. Then there were a few costume changes as I put on the Vader and Sidious gear. Since the lighting was constant, it was a snap to stitch the images together in Photoshop.

8. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Those are soo cool! I agree that the black/white add a lot of drama. I also like your Darth Vader in a business suit idea--the movie, The Devil's Advocate comes to mind--you know, dark and evil character all dressed up/ business shark type.

My favorite of the 4 would also be the scene in Minneapolis. The touch of color from the lightsabers is great. I do also like the Fourth Extinction with the feeling behind it--you just know the three just got done with a killing spree. Great work!

Yup--shadows from the lightsabers are clearly seen in the ROTJ Luke/Vader scene! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.