New Hamp SW PIECE ON MSNBC.COM

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    I was going over the msnbc site and came across an article on Ep III and the failure of Ep I & II to capture the feel of the OT. Some Highlights...:

"...Not only does he have to resolve the ongoing storylines of ?Phantom Menace? and ?Attack of the Clones? in such a way as to lead directly into Episode IV, the original 1977 ?Star Wars,? but he has to overcome two of the most soul-killingly dull storylines ever put on film..."

I agree with TPM, but I thought Clones wasn't too bad. It's still better than Return of the Jedi :p

Carrie Fisher, Princess Leia in the original trilogy, has said that ?When George was directing, he'd only say two things: 'faster' or 'more intense.'? Fire Lucas as director, who has no sense of control over his storyline, encourages flat and affectless acting, and shellacs every scene with such a frenzy of special effects that they assault your senses like a strobe light.

I agree with this. For example, see Empire Strikes Back. It was written and directed by people than GL, and is arguably the best movie of the franchise.

Having better writers would save Lucas from amateurish nonsense like his decision to give Anakin Skywalker the emasculating nickname ?Annie.? Perhaps he was planning to have him break out into a rousing chorus of ?The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow??

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought so!

Or the totally unnecessary invention of microbial ?midichlorians? to explain how the mystical Force gives Jedi knights their powers, perhaps the stupidest idea to come out of ?Phantom Menace.?

So much for that mystical energy field that Ben mentioned in A New Hope. This was total BS to me and refuse to acknowledge this. Likewise to Ewoks beating stormtroopers! :p

If you want to read the whole article, follow the link!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4980465/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.