main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Radio Dramas - Original Music?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Imrahil2001, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imrahil2001

Imrahil2001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    Hi all. Hopefully you've all had the opportunity to listen to these NPR productions of ANH and ESB, because for me they rival (if not outstrip) the experience of the movies.

But to keep this on-topic...there's a lot of transitional music used in the ANH version that, to my knowledge, does not exist on any other recording. I wonder if it's music that was originally written and recorded, or if it was something specially done for the series?

The example that prompted this can be found in Episode I of ANH ("A Wind to Shake the Stars,"), track time: 4:00 or so. Fantastic, soft rendition of the Main Title with woodwinds and a little bit of percussion.

There are others in the ESB version, especially on Hoth. Has anyone else noticed this?

Ims

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes there is additional music used for the ANH radio drama. I have it on CD and as a bonus, it includes the suite of music recorded just for the radio drama. I am not aware of any extra music for ESB, I believe it was all from the stuff recorded for the film.

Message me if you would like more info about the extra music.

3. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Hey, can any of you provide me with the full list of episodes/chapters? I've actually been trying to find it recently. Many thanks.

4. islandjoe

islandjoe Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2002
    hi,

i just posted a topic about the radio dramas in the Misc. board. I'd love your input.

joe

5. Imrahil2001

Mar 28, 2002
    So, where does one get a copy of this 'new' music? The only thing I've found is an edition on Amazon that's out of print (and ludicrously expensive).

Ims

6. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    You mean on CD?

7. Imrahil2001

Mar 28, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.