main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW: Rise Network- Podcast/Site Discussion

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by heels1785 , Sep 5, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Haha. You guys are great. Very excited to have some different voices on the show, listening to mine the whole time would get terribly boring.

2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Other than the Kenobi segment what else will there be?

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Still brainstorming the other 2 segments- we've got the discussion on Kenobi, then the discussion on Maul and how he has been developed through TCW and other EU materials - and reservations about those developments.

If you've got an idea, feel free to shoot it over to me.

4. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    heels1785 We could do a segment about the fifty pages that were released from Razor's Edge. Also quick question, what is the estimated running time?

5. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    4 hours

heels1785 likes this.
  6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Gotta buy the keyboard for my tab.... one hand transcrption, sucks. Just sayin. And yes, more Maul please. heels1785

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Razor's Edge may be a go for the second episode- I'd like to space the books out so I have time to read them! :)

And I'd like to get a runtime close to an hour, hour and a half.

8. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    maybe a small segment on favorite quotes of what we've read recently? or just favorite sections? or... maybe both the good and the bad of what we've read recently, and what stuck out to us about it as a segment?

9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    That sounds cool. I think the way I'm going to do it is this:

1) Kenobi
    2) Comic Series The Star Wars, issue 1
    3) Character Study of Maul
    4) Assorted special reports- for this, I think that I'd like to just treat this like news services do- any of the authors/editors from the site who would like to record a segment can do so, and it can be essay style, rant, book review, etc.

So I think I'd like to have someone on to discuss TSW and of course Maul, but then for the 4th segment, you can record whatever you'd like (if you need help, let me know- I prefer Audacity, unless you have Adobe Audition), and then send it to me, or upload to our Google Drive. We'll then have 1-2 reports at the end of each episode- just ask that you shoot me a PM letting me know what you're going to record so we don't overlap. :)

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Just as an update, Yak and I have recorded the NFL Preview episode for Republic Sports Radio, and it is currently in editing, should be up tomorrow around the same time as our Sunday AM Clone Wars Review. A bit of a wind tunnel problem, will be fixed for episode 2.

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    cool. look forward to hearing it

12. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    Righteous!

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Episode 1 (No-Show Moreno, NFL Preview) of Republic Sports Radio has now been released! Big thanks to MandaloreYak.

The second instalment of Sunday Morning Clone Wars is also available.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  14. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Hello everyone, I would like to start a weekly series where the authors on the site share their ideas on different topics. It would release every Thursday. To start off this week I would like to talk about ideas for potential spinoff films.

Thrawn1786 likes this.
  15. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    I certainly wouldn't mind participating. Could even be fun. Though I am curious as to what you have in mind for what it would look like.

16. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Let's say for this week's topic about the spinoff films.

Here is a example:
    Darth Maul vs.Obi-Wan Film
    Set: 14 BBY
    Summary: After escaping the emperor's grip Darth Maul hunts for his enemy Obi-Wan.

I would suggest a longer summary, I only made that short for the example.

17. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    I meant more to ask would it be a discussion within this thread, as a combined post on the blog, are we thinking a mini podcast? We here seem to have our hands in a fair number of pies, so I was just wondering what you had in mind. :)

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, sure, i could do that. could probably have some rather interesting results.

19. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    @Chuckles38 Well you could post your ideas here or send me a PM and then I will roundup everyone's ideas and make a post about them.

20. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    heels1785 When is the podcast going to be recorded?

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The goal for the release date is 10/1. We'll likely do primary recording on the weekend of Sept. 21-22.

22. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I seriously need to find my headset for Skype. [face_blush]

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah, Yak and I did our interview on Skype over the weekend, and it worked well. Got a good recording program.

24. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Where is the Saturday Morning Comics and Sunday Morning Clone Wars?

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I've been housesitting for the weekend, was unable to do much of anything. They'll likely come mid-week, or we'll double up next weekend.

Thank you for noticing though. :)