main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA SW: RPG Anyone? (Next Session: To Be Discussed In This Thread)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ben_ethus, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    either day would be good ofr me.

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Brian, I just picked up the new "Galactic Campaign Guide" at lunch today. I think you'll definitely want to peruse this book before begining an adventure. I'll try to remember to bring it to the next meeting should you want to take a look at it then.

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    ?[face_plain] I thought Saturday after the meeting we were going to do book club? As for taking the Padawans back, what I meant was that I can't hang around rpging until 2 in the morning . . . hmmmm, let me talk to the Twins. See if they want to go back Sat evening or Sunday.

My character is just about done, we rolled her up at the picnic and I just have to sit down and pick out her skills. So if you guys want to just make up Sal's character (didn't Josh do his at the picnic also?)

Anyway, let me talk to the twins and I'll get back to you guys. I'm thinking October might be a better start time for me, also.

4. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Zero, Greencat, Sal, Josh... Because I'm a complete moron, I got the dates for stuff I was doing in October mixed up. An event I thought was on the 18th, is really on the 11th.

Did anyone else have issues with having the first session on the 18th? If not, could we bump it to then?

If it's an impossibility to bump it, I'll try to work things out.

Let me know ASAP, tho.

Dislikes being stupid,
    Yours Truly

5. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Sorry, I can NOT do it on the 18th. I'm having a Pampered Chef party.

6. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    At this point, any date in October would be ok for me. But the later it gets in Sept, the harder it'll get for me to get earlier dates in Oct off. That make sense? Well, let me know what is good for all of you.

7. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I'm cool with any date in October. Just a suggestion, though it would be a VERY long day. How about a session before the October meeting/costume party. We'll already be in the neighborhood?

If the party starts at 6 then we could meet at say noon and get a 5 hour session in then break at 5pm to get ready for the party.

Also this way people that need to request off days only need be concerned with one day instead of two in October.

(If so then Josh, get some major sleep...)

What do YINZ think?

8. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Unless everyone wants to do Sal's uber-long Halloween session suggestion, assume it'll still be on the original date of the 11th.

I'll do my darnedest to make things work.

Righty-o,
    Yours Truly

9. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    No, I'm not thrilled with the idea of playing on Halloween.

So, Brian is trying to work out the 11th? Would playing on a Friday night really be that bad? I work on fridays too :) but after a bit of caffine, i'm usually ready to go friday evening . . .

just a thought.

10. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I can't make Friday's at all. I have to go to my bank that day. It's the only day I can.

Also, I take Em out to dinner on Fridays as well.

11. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

First session is still slated for the 11th so far, but was there a reason why Sunday afternoon on the 12th was ruled out?

Forgets if there was,
    Yours Truly

12. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I'd be okay with that day as well as long as we don't go late into the evening and can stop somewhere around 9pm.

I'd have a long enough drive back to my place and I'd also have to drop Josh off.

13. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    It looks like the 18th is going to be the day for our Kennywood get-together so let's stay away from that day as an RPG date.

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Most of us can't play late Sunday evening and Since Josh works nights, late morning/early afternoons are problematical.

Personally, I would do Sunday's if we started early are are done by 7PM or so . . . But Iprefer Saturdays. We can play as late as we want without worrying about getting up early.

15. ZeroCool69

Feb 22, 2002
    Ok kids. As it stands right now, I'm gonna request off Sat the 11th for our first RP session. If we decide to change it to Sun, please let me know by Wed afternoon, so I can change it.

16. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I feel like a bad, bad person doing this, but I couldn't rectify things for Saturday. :mad:

So, the next best thing I can think of is to do it up Sunday in the early afternoon: (12 - 6)

Josh... please accept my humblest apologies if this screws over your ability to play. I feel exceedingly terrible about the whole situation.

Zero... also please accept my humblest apologies if I didn't give enough warning and this messes you up, too.

NOTE: If both Josh and Zero end up getting hosed by my stupidity, I suspect I'd forgo the session, since I'd want to have at least 3 players kicking. If this comes about, we could try to re-schedule something for another time.

In the future, I will ensure that I don't bone things up horribly as I did on this go-around.

Blah.

This hasn't been a good day.

Stressed out,
    Yours Truly

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    How about for future RPG's that we set aside a specific day, so we all know in advance.

I propse the second Sat of each month.

It doesn't interfere with most holidays and also leaves the third weekend for the club meetings. Of course with Thanksgiving in NOV and Christmas in DEC we might have to change that, but at least after the new year we could have this planned.

It would really help to have this as a pre-scheduled day. We could all plan accordingly then. Shoot, imagine if more people wanted to get involved, what a sceduling disaster this would be. SO by making it a set weekend, everyone plans around it instead of it trying to be lanned around everyone else, which we can see has become quite problematic.

Just a thought, but we've been down this road to a degree in the club and using the mmeting as a point of reference, we see that a shceduled day works quite well for an organized monthly activity.

Okay, that's my 2 cents.

18. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Because Fate has a sick sense of humor, I no longer will be doing what I was supposed to be doing on the original gaming date: Saturday night.

As such, if it is easier/better for you guys to have the first session go down on Saturday night, then that is an option once more. (It is still scheduled for Sunday afternoon, at the moment, though.)

Everyone please post and let me know what's up. Once again I apologize for the convoluted nature of this scheduling conflict. Please bear with me.

Bashes head against the wall,
    Yours Truly

P.S. I like Sal's idea of instituting a standardized scheduling system. We can discuss that at the first session, perhaps.

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Thanks Brian.

BTW, what time on Sunday?

And Josh, do you need a ride?

20. ZeroCool69

Feb 22, 2002
    Well, I am going to have to work on Sunday, but I'm only scheduled until 2pm. I might be able to get out a little early; 1:30-ish maybe, since there is a Steelers game. But, since it's not until 4, I might not be able to leave early. If this isn't too late to show up, I'd still like to try to make it. Either way, Brian, if you could PM or e-mail me directions to your place, for this time or next, that'd be great.

21. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Zero... did you manage to get Sat. night off, or did my constant shuffling of times screw you in that regard? Because we can still hold it Sat. night if that turns out to be easier for all involved. Just let me know your preferences. If we keep it to Sunday, it'll go down roundabouts between noon and one.

Also... if you show up a little late, it probably won't be the end of the world. We can work you in there, somehow, I'm sure.

At any rate, I'll be sure to bop out directions to those that need them well before the week is out.

Thanks for being patient with me you guys.

Forever rat-racing,
    Yours Truly

22. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm so confused ?[face_plain]

Are we going with Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon. Please let me know soon, and if Saturday evening, when on Sat because my parents are now coming over on Saturday . . . If its in the evening I should still be able to play. And please pm me directions (as Chad was my directions last time)

23. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Since no one requested a switch, here's the OFFICIAL FINAL DATE/TIME:

Sunday, Oct. 12, roundabouts 12:30 @ my place.

I will PM out directions to everyone immediately after finalizing this post.

Sorry for all the bric-a-brac leading up to this. I can't apologize enough for that.

See you then,
    Yours Truly

P.S. Directions PM'd to Greencat, Sal, Zero, and Josh. Let me know if you didn't get them, or there are any problems.

24. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Just bouncing this up to the top to hopefully ensure everyone sees the scheduling info.

Nothing to see here,
    Yours Truly

25. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I'm there!

I'm calling Josh as I type this.

He's cool with it as well. He does have to work that night (Sunday) at 10pm so we need to rap it up early enough for me to give him a ride to his work.

He'll probably be very tired, as he has to work the previous night.

I'd personally like this session to go no later than say, 6-7pm, if that's alright with everyone else.

Just my opinion though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.