main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA SW: RPG Anyone? (Next Session: To Be Discussed In This Thread)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ben_ethus, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hey everyone! what if we schedule the next session for Saturday Jan 3rd?

2. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    sounds good to me!

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I can't do it then. Have plans...won't be able to until January 24th at earliest.

4. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    :( not until the 24th . . .

Okay, how is Saturday Jan 24th for everyone?

5. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

This message originally said that I needed to push back the date even more, but upon further reflection that need not be the case.

So does Sunday, Jan 25th work for you guys?

Feels very silly,
    Yours Truly

6. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Okay with me :)

7. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Tentatively, I'm okay with the 25th but the 24th is easier for me. If I can't make it on the 25th, I'll give ample notification (as possible).

8. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    I like the 25th myself I'm looking to get tickets to the Pens game on the 24th

9. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    i gots a favor to ask can we start later on sun? i gotta work sat. night and won't get home till after 9 am.

10. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I concur with Josh there. I'd rather start later say 2pm til 6pm.

Just my suggestion, what say you all?

11. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    I was thinking more like 4-8 I won't be getting home till 9 so it'll be about 9:30 before I get to bed and get some sleep. and I work sunday too. If this is too late for you guys i'll have to skip it this time and catch it next time.

12. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I'm good for either time-frame.

Sal... I presume you'd be bringing Josh again, but I also know you tend to like to end the session around 6pm or so. I guess I'll leave it to you guys to see if you can agree upon a time-frame that works for both of you.

I reckon just let me know as quick you can what you come up with.

[EDIT] Also, to Zero and Greencat, what say you on times? What's your preferences?

Off to do some work,
    Yours Truly

13. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I could do 2 until 8 PM, but I think not much later. Gotta go to work Monday morning and I'll be out late Monday night. (Gack. Better find a video or some independent work for the kiddies on Tuesday. I'll be too tired to lecture :D )

14. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I can go until 7pm, no later.

15. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Well, seeing as how work is really giving me a rough time lately, I'm down with the 2-3pm start. I think a 3-7 session would be cool. Granted, it's not the 12:30-1 - 7 that we've been doing, but under the circumstances, I think it can work.

However.....

I propose that we attempt a marathon-ish session. I don't mean a day long thing, but maybe a Firday or Sat, when we could all rest the next day. I had a 10 - 9-10 type of thing. If that's not possible, that's ok; just thought I'd throw an idea out there.

16. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    That would work for me if it was a Saturday. Good suggestion Zero!

17. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    I like that I dea and I bring good news I got SAturday off so 2-7 is cool w/ me!

18. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

So is Sunday 2pm - 7pm kosher for everybody?

If it is, that's when it'll be.

Looking forward to it,
    Yours Truly

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I've been trying to post for etter part of the day. (Seems there is a problem with Mac's/Explorer, so I'm forced to use Netscape.

Anyway, glad it's settled for day, now my problem is though that Em and I had made plans to go to W.Va. on Saturday and I don't know how late we'll be getting back so I don't know if I'm even going to be back in Pittsburgh by the time the RPG starts. I'll have to play it by ear. Josh, you may want to arrange another ride for this time.

Sorry for any inconvience this may have caused to our little RPG.

Humbly backs away in hopes he doesn't get pelted by flames...
    -Sal

20. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Apologies to the RPG group for not being able to make it, especially Josh.

I had another of those "comedy of errors"- "Ben Stiller Movie" type of day on Sunday.

Suffice to say that nearly everything that could go wrong with me making the gaming session did. Most of all my cell went dead, so I didn't have a way to call. (I don't have anyone's number written down and haven't memorized them, also my internet access was down so I couldn't post here or search my old e-mails for the club directory to call.

Sorry for any inconvenience,
    -Sal

21. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Sorry that Sal and Josh didn't make it . . . here's a summary of what happened:

The wookie and deviron (sp??) stayed out front, with Roar unconsious in the speeder and Sal's character on guard duty.

The rest of the crew went inside,where they met a prisoner who had chosen that moment to escape (a gungan explosive expert and a very skilled fighter). The gungan agreed to help us find Artie if we helped him get off world.

So up the stairs to the second floor we went. And discovered doors. lots and lots of locked doors. And after spending a half hour burning holes in doors, realized that the Jedi Padawans could just use the Force to activate the release buttons on the other side. Sigh. Well, we are just Padawans.

After much searching and finding nothing more than more doors and a very fancy bathroom, we finally stumble onto 'Artie' an astromech droid RT. Okay, he found us, activating when we entered the storage room. A brief firefight on the way out, which also involved the King Ewok trying to dismantle the droid since he was convinced there was another ewok inside, and out group was back in the speeder and on the way. Pity someone at that point hadn't realized that it was too easy . . .

Back on Coruscant (after Del lent the King a book called 'I am a droid' and Tier promised to teach the King what he knew about being a Jedi so that the king could oneday get a 'sword of fire') Master B'rohninn sent the group off to drop the droid at the Senator's. Where it exploded and killed the Senator. Opps. Guess who then got framed and imprisoned for assassinating the Senator. :(

With the help of some friendly neighborhood ninjas,our group managed to escape, with the king learning another important lesson -- don't F with a Jedi Master, son. Convinced that Master B'rohninn had something to do our being framed for murder, the King decided to try and Force lightening (for a huge 2 points damage) the Jedi Master, who was not amused. When the king regains consciousness, Del plans on having another little chat with him.

That's about it, although if anyone can think of anything to add . . .

We also need to schedule our next session. Suggestions anyone?

22. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Sal and Josh... Bummer you guys couldn't be there.

Greencat... Good job on the summary. Looks pretty solid to me. Here are some nit-picky details:

**Artie's full model number was RT-M6.

**The Gungan was played by Miler, a buddy of mine from college who'll probably be joining us for a while.

**At the trial, an individual who looked disturbingly similar to Larmen Smythe (with slightly different hair color and facial features) provided the evidence that proved key in indicting the members of the party.

As for the next session...

The end of February might work. If not, we can try for the early part of March. Just let me know what works best for you guys.

Rolls some dice,
    Yours Truly

23. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I hate having to do this, but I'm going to need to cancel the SW:RPG session on Saturday. :(

Sorry guys,
    Yours Truly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.