main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL SW RPG ("Don?t come for the game come for the food!")

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheExecutor, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    This is a reminder that the day soon approaches that we will be holding our Star Wars RPG (A Chicago Force Club) on SUNDAY AUGUST 8th 2004 between 12:00 noon and 12:30 but if some of you like to come early please come around 12:00. I hope that you can RSVP me so I can prepare the food and drinks! If you are late, I?m sorry that you may miss the great food because as many of you know I?m a Chef and I put out a wonderful spread.

Location: my place is located at 6301 N Sheridan RD in Chicago on the border of Rogers Park and Edgewater. Call me or e-mail me if you need help finding my place. I am four and a half blocks away from the Grandville L stop Also for people who are driving please parking will not be available in my building, as construction has commence on the foundation of the parking structure. Thanks for your understanding! You can find parking West of Sheridan RD and North of Grandville. I know a lot of you know one another so maybe you can car pool. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As many of you may know we have been playing for approximately a year and a half with our current group, our last campaign that ended this May and now we have embark on a new one; we have only really had three gaming sessions of the new game. If you would like to play you need to hand in a Character history for your Player Character. I also need to speak to or have e-mails from players who need to get the ball rolling on History and to create D6 stats. I would like to see some fleshed out story backgrounds as well.

For those of you who showed up for the last game at my house thank you. I always appreciate the help and some of the wonderful comments on my food for the game. I had a wonderful time with all of you. Phil I hope you liked the Sushi & Sake; same goes for Lilly about the seaweed salad with soba noodles. I also would like to give a very special thanks to Phil for brining Freaks and Geeks the DVD?s! I hope everyone had a wonderful time I know I did. I look forward to hosting the next game!

Game on Dude!

2. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    Thanks to everyone who showed up to the last game on Sunday after noon we all had a wonderful time. Just would like to give a special thanks to Phil who brought the next installment of freaks and geeks. Also we had a blast on the PS2 playing Gauntlet Dark legacy, with the multi Tap we got four people to play. I also would like to thank John for bringing his Wife Rachel to the game. I had a wonderful time, I hope more people can join our game, later All!!

3. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    Well people it looks like we may not be having a game this September because the Chicago force schedule is kind of full. But if some of you want to game on a Sunday again let me know, I have no problems scheduling a game on that day. Also I have spoken to Mike Hammer or MIA founder and mastermind of the RPG group. It seems he has been hectic with family maters and personal problem but he assures me that he will try to come to a game.

On another note some of you need to still hand in character histories and all that fun stuff. On a final note, I will keep you all apprised of the up in coming schedule and let you guys know when I can host the next game.

4. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    It's currently scheduled for Friday the 3rd, you want to cancel that?

5. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    Oh me bad! I was not more specific, I can not do the 3rd of September I work and my birthday is the day before and my wife?s birthday is two days before mine so my schedule is full this first week of September and then I work 20 day in a row my company is opening a unit in Boston and it will be drawing on our recourses in Chicago and I will need to cover for members of my team who are going to the opening and on top of that we have a wine fest for a week!

6. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    Thanks to my fellow gamers who showed up to the last game on Sunday after noon we all had a wonderful time. Just would like to give a special thanks to Phil who brought the next installment of freaks and geeks.But we had no time to see it.
    Well my fellow gamers I was presently surprised when 10 people showed up to the Chicago Force RPG. It was wonderful to see everyone and to get a good game going. I we all had a great time watching ?The Best of Triumph the Insult Comic? For me to POOP on! Got to love the Star Wars line clip that was funny as hell.
    Anyway thanks to Dave Gray for showing up it has been a long time since we have seen you at a game. It was a surprise that Mike Hammer showed up as well. All said and done we had a wonderful time.

For the next game remember it?s October 30, 2004 and that it?s BYOB, I will supply the food! Game On Friends!

7. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    This is a reminder that the day soon approaches that we will be holding our Star Wars RPG (A Chicago Force Club) on Saturday October 30th 2004 between 12:30 pm and 1:00 pm but if some of you like to come early please come around 12:00 pm. I hope that you can RSVP me so I can prepare the food and drinks! If you are late, I?m sorry that you may miss the great food because as many of you know I?m a Chef and I put out a wonderful spread.

8. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    I just would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for coming to the game this last weekend. We had a wonderful turn out and everyone had a great time. I would like to let every one know that the response to the game has been outstanding and that we are having a blast. To let all of you know I am looking for a volunteer to help me start to set up a new group we now have 12 players and have had inquires from prospective players about other games. Dave Gray is starting a pure D20 game some tome in the next few months and Mike Hammer has also expressed a desire to start a game this summer after he moves to his new place. I just thought I would give everyone the heads up on what?s going on with the RPG group. If you are thinking about joining or contributing please let me know I am more than happy to be of assistance.

9. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    To let everyone know I will not have this month?s game on Saturday December 4th 2004 there is a SW Mini tournament going on and a few of the players want to go. I would like to have the game on Sunday the 5th but this is not a scheduled event so let me know what you guys want to do? I will be more than happy to set the game up for Sunday.

To the people who are going to the tournament I switched my days off with a co worker for Sunday I will be unable to come I will work all day Saturday.

10. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    To remind everyone that the day soon approaches that we will be holding our Star Wars RPG (A Chicago Force Club) on Saturday February 5th 2005 the time will be between 12:30 pm and 1:00 pm but if some of you like to come early please come around 12:00 pm. I hope that you can RSVP me so I can prepare the food and drinks! If you are late, I?m sorry that you may miss the great food because as many of you know I?m a Chef and I put out a wonderful spread.

My Location: ?my? place is located at 6301 N Sheridan RD in Chicago on the border of Rogers Park and Edgewater. Call me or e-mail me if you need help finding my place. I am four and a half blocks away from the Grandville L stop Also for people who are driving parking is now available in my building, as construction has finished on the foundation of the parking structure. Parking is 8 dollars thanks for your understanding! If that does not work for you, you can find parking West of Sheridan RD and North of Grandville. I know a lot of you know one another so maybe you can car pool. Sorry for the inconvenience.

11. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    I'll be unable to make it to the game tomorrow, as I have to work tomorrow for some stupid coat distribution we're doing. Apparently now we "clothe the hungry" as well. However, I'll get a 4 day weekend in the future for doing this out of the kindness of my cold, dead black heart.

Dave

12. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    Due to the up coming event in the Chicago Force the RPG is on sabbatical. Many of our members are working on other projects for CIII and have other commitments. So in an effort to accommodate them I?m suspending the game till June! That way we can spend time on other SW projects. If you care to game let me know me and Mike Hammer are working on a small game. Thanks for your understanding and commitment to our Game.

13. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Why haven't you guys switched to the D20 system?

14. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Those dice have too many sides, it's confusing. Six sided dice generally have between 5 and 7 sides which is much easier.

Bosh

15. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Ahh...that makes sense.

Oh, Bosh, I have those books you needed, if you haven't already acquired them.

PM me if you still need em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.