main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA SW RPG Group Update

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Corvalis, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corvalis

Corvalis Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2008
    So last night was the "Episode 1" finale, which Bevan should be posting sometime soon.

You all levelled to level 4. Save your characters, we will play this campaign again.

Chris is stepping up as GM for the next campaign. We are going to use different characters. From what I gathered last night, it will be Saga system, with a few house rules. Also, we will all be 3rd level. Correct me on any of this if I am wrong.

I will be playing your wonderful doctor in this campaign so that we have a bit more healing going on.

2. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    OK, here we go. Some of us were leaning towards playing in the Legacy era, but that wasnt decided. Mode of transportation wont be decided until we know when we're playing.

There will probably be some changes to the way Force Points have been used. We talked about it but didnt reach any conclusions.

NEW HOUSE RULES (In addition to Dave's):

Force Adepts will be allowed, but not Jedi or Sith.

Adding the Light Side Point system from the KOTOR games. A high Light Side score, determined by wisdom scroe, grants bonuses to Light Side force skills (and feats where applicable). But if you're all playing a bunch of bloodthirsty mercenaries and/or lunatics, this probably wont come up much.

New Skill: Knowledge (Force Lore). It is a class skill for Jedi, and accessible to some others based on affiliation (members of any other Force tradion, Antaran Rangers or their equivalent, droids that have been programmed by Force-using Orders, etc.) Knowledge (Galactic Lore) will not be useful for gaining information regarding the Jedi or anything Force related.

CHARACTER CREATION:
    3rd Level characters. Starting credits= Max starting +2500 credits. Max hit points for first level, roll the other two when we meet up (at least half of max perlevel or reroll.)

No rolling for stats, we're using the point-buy option. If you've played the KOTOR games you'll recognize the graph:

[image=http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa84/JediClone/plannedgeneration.jpg]

You have 36 points to spend, 30 for Droids. That evens out to 14 across the board. This number was reached by averaging out the stat scores of the PCs present in the last game.

PM me with a charatcer concept if you have one. Whichever day we're meeting, I will get there early to help where needed. (I cant do Wednesday)

3. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    When you say "Max starting credits" do you mean using the highest number for what you would roll? Same for "Max hit points?"

4. -JediClone-

Mar 21, 2005

Yes

5. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    Steph and I are going to bow out for now. We are getting a tad busy with school and wont be here over the summer so I guess there is no real point in us starting with a completely different story, just to leave.

Thanks for the fun nights guys, good luck :D

6. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    I'm sorry to see you guys go! Will you guys be back when school starts again in the fall?

7. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    Question: Instead of using the house rule of spending force points to instantly get critical hits, would it be better to use the Force points rules written in the Saga book? It would bring back some of the point of using dice to determine outcomes. It seems that - especially last game - we were throwing Force Points around a tad too much.

Especially if we are going to be using some of the Force in this campaign, I really think this is a good idea, but of course it's the GM's decision. Chris, your thoughts?

8. -JediClone-

Mar 21, 2005
    Yeah, switching back to the book version of the Force Point rules might be good.

And getting rid of the 1=critical failure/ 20=dramatic success for non-attack rolls.

9. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Just FYI, if anyone needs help with the point-buy system, I wrote a nifty little excel sheet that calculates both your modifier and your point cost for every attribute point you change.

PM me with your email if you want it, or bring your thumb drives to the meeting on Thursday.

10. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Do we have any restrictions on what weapons we can buy? Like, illegal ones?

11. -JediClone-

Mar 21, 2005
    Liscenced/Restricted--> go ahead, dont forget the fee(s).

Illegal/Military/Rare--> Possible but please PM me with what you're looking at.

We are *definitely* playing in Legacy. So non-generic items in the KOTOR book may not be avaliable (Sith Starfighters, HK-droid parts, etc) One planet is offering replica items from the KOTOR era (Sith fighter excluded), but price-hiked for the collector's market. So treat them as Black Market items.

12. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    I have a question from the book.

Okay, so we get our bonus feats based on our classes on even number levels. Those feats have to be from the class-specific bonus feats. Now, Table 3-1 (page 37 in Saga book) shows the experience tree for all characters and it shows feats given out on the Odd-numbered levels.

With our characters staring at level three, does this mean we should have our class starting feats, our class bonus feat from level two, and two feats with no class restrictions for just being heroic?

13. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Yes. You get to pick any feat at those levels on that table. The feats in the class table is just the bonus feats.

14. -JediClone-

Mar 21, 2005
    And some of the books add feats to the class bonus feats list.

15. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
  16. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Yes, in each of the expansion books in the feats section it has a blue or pink exerpt that lists which of the new feats are now considered class feats for each class.

Just FYI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.