main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA SW RPG Questions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by glwSpook, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glwSpook

glwSpook Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    I notice that our CR (Amaunet) for this forum has a well developed RPG site, and it gave me an idea of sorts...This post is more about some questions it brought to mind, but I'm plotting depending on the replies. Anyway, what is anyone's/everyone's opinion on Star Wars RPGs? I intend this both in general and in specific, as I would imagine there are more than one "official" SW RPG out there.

I grew up running various RPGs (D&D, AD&D, Star Wars, Gurps, Rifts, etc.), but have not been into this sort of thing for far too long--it's roughly 5 years or so since I played a good RPG of any type. I'd like to become involved again soon, and would like an idea of what the interest is in this sort of thing in our area (location type area) and what your feelings are on whatever different SW-related RPGs there are on the market.

Sooooo, anyone?...hehe

2. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Currently the only official SW RPG is the one produced by Wizards of the Coast (D20). There was of course previous edition (d6) done by West End Games.

Though WOTC has completly shut down production of the RPG to concentrate on their miniatures line. Every gamer hopes that WOTC either starts producing again soon, or drops the line for someone else to pick up (doubtful since they are part of Hasbro).

Opinion on the WOTC RPG version: I have problems with some of the rules, and some of the stats they provide--so we use a LOT of house rules to get around it.

I have never played the WEG D6 version because i dont like the idea of rolling several dozen dice to resolve a situation.

As for local involvement, I know of at least 3 other SWRPG game groups outside of ours (though I am not familar with other websites). If you want a better idea of who is out there, I would suggest a post on wizard's forums in a thread called "Virginia gamers Represent". I would get you that link, but their site seems to not want to cooperate this morning. (If I can get to it soon, I will edit and post the link).

3. glwSpook

glwSpook Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Ah, thanks for the info...It was the WEG version I'd been playing years ago (which we modified to use less dice...hehe), and have heard other opinions regarding the WOTC games (all of them, this one in particular). I may want to check y'all out sometime, and certainly plan on reading through your site a bit more soon. :)

4. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Good...Feel free to join my site (So you can access the forums and read about the campaign).

If you have any questions, let me know :)

Also, if anyone else is interested in the RPG, we could always run a one-shot game to determine the real interest level here.

5. Emain_Alilil

Emain_Alilil Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    Well we are WoTC SW RPG GM's here, though since we recently moved into the area, we don't have a group for tabletop gaming. We would be happy to start one if anyone is interested, just drop us a PM and we can work out a contact plan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.