main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Scripts

Discussion in 'Archive: Western Canada Regional Forum' started by Dango, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dango

Dango Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I was wondering if anybod had a copy of the scripts for A New Hope and Return Of The Jedi because I have a copy of those scripts that i got off the internet somewhere inbetween 10 and 8 years ago. The first page of ANH says it's from the Journal of Whills and is the Revised Fourth Draft january 15, 1976 and it has the whole Biggs and luke sequence and some other stuff that's not in the movies (I think, I only own the original version and not the SE). The Return of The Jedi script is supposed to be from the novel by george lucas(but he didn't write the novel unless they mean story) and it's supposed to be the 2nd draft-December 19, 1982, It doesnt have much extra just an extended part where Ben's spirit talks to luke on Dagobah after yoda dies. So i was just wondering if somebody could tell me something about these. Thanks.

2. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Are you looking for something specific, or just in general?

3. Dango

Apr 8, 2004
    if they're actually originals or just fakes that some guy made up.

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I have a copy of the annotated complete scripts which contains references to earlier drafts and thei contents. The first one sounds right, actually: I don't think it's a fan made thing, although without reference to the book (which is currently in storage, I think) I can't say for certain.

The second script I am less sure about. Perhaps if you could bring them along to a meeting sometime, and I could take a look? Or would you like to get together for coffee, just you and I to go over the book and your scripts, to see if we can figure it out?

PM me if you want: I'm good with that. :)

*Derisa*

5. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Your copy got left over here after the triology night long long ago. I know for sure there was a script for the Luke and Biggs scene. Not sure if it was never filmed though. No idea on the latter.

6. Dango

Apr 8, 2004
    heres the address for the first script, whether it's still active I dont know: http://www.swac.edu/~pilgrimm/swscripts/starwars.html
    the second one is:
    http://www.swac.edu/~pilgrimm/swscripts/return.html

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Coolness, Alakin: I'll drop by soon and pick it up, and give you back your Gunslinger books, to grab the next ones from you. Also, recent excavations have uncovered books three and four of the Rogues Squad stories: did you want to borrow those?

*Derisa*

8. Dango

Apr 8, 2004
    actually i just did a search in google for star wars scripts and there were a bunch of links to the original copies. I didnt realise it was so easy to obtain copies of the orignal scripts.

9. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Cool, Dango!

How do the different scripts compare? Are there differences?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.