main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL SW segment on SNL this Saturday

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mos_Eisleian_Radio, Jan 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Rebelscum.com is reporting that there will be a segment on Saturday Night Live called "Casual Day at the Death Star." That's this Saturday, January 13 at 10:30 P.M. on NBC, WMAQ-TV (Channel 5).

Phil

2. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, I just finished watching Saturday Night Live and the Star Wars segment didn't happen after all. This happens sometimes on a live program where a sketch that was done in rehearsals ends up getting cancelled when the show is done live.

Phil

3. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Yes, I was a bit annoyed! A couple of the ones they DID do were NOT that funny. But, oh well...

4. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, well, I suppose that's a good thing for me because I was gone and forgot to tape it! Too bad, though. I'm sure it would have been interesting.

5. ObiWanJane

ObiWanJane Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 1999
    I believe SNL promos are just snippets from previous shows and aren't meant to imply that what you're seeing will be in THAT show. And I've never known NBC to tape rehearsals for an SNL promo.

6. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, the report came from a radio interview with Charlie Sheen. It had been after rehearsals for the show, so the DJ asked Sheen what the funniest segment would be. Sheen replied "Casual Friday on the Death Star." And there was a report at TFN that Studio Creations were contacted for stormtrooper blaster rifle props.

Phil

7. ObiWanJane

ObiWanJane Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 1999
    Ahhhh....well, that's different. I thought people reported the scene would be on based on the promo (which I saw, by the way).

Yeah, it must have been cut for time (or maybe wasn't funny ENOUGH)!

8. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Oddly enough, ObiJane, I think they do tape rehearsals, or more specifically, the saturday night run-throughs.

Here's why i think that. When Patrick Stewart guested several years ago, they did a HI-liarious sketch entitled, "Love Boat: The Next Generation." Half Love Boat spoof and half Next Gen Trek spoof, it was amazingly funny. (Best line goes to Al Franken as a Ferenghi, criticizing Charo: "She urinates through her skin like a shark!" I still chuckle.)

Anyway, I watched it originally, and loved it, then taped a rerun of it later. The rerun had a different version of the sketch, one with a few obvious mistakes. I swear, they switched the sketches!

This has so little to do with Star Wars, it's not even funny. So does this: *NARF!*

I think so, Pinky, but wouldn't our bodies stick to the upholstery?
    Matt

9. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    What are we going to do today, Brain?

Ah, I loved that show.

10. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    "They're Pinky and the Brain. Pinky and the Brain. One is a genius, the other insane..."
    Brings a tear to my eye.
    I loved that show too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.