main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Sideshow Collectibles Discussion Board!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I have both 12" Qui-Gons from Hasbro, but I think I'd still buy one from Sideshow. He's just too cool. I'm not a Mace Windu fan personally, but I hope he gets the Sideshow treatment, just because it seems like 99% of his stuff from Hasbro, in any scale, has been crap. And I would definitely have no objections to a Padawan Obi-Wan, but I think that wouldn't be likely for at least a year since they've got another Obi-Wan selling for this year.

2. cronus8

cronus8 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    I am trying to keep myself to OT characters (or at least PT characters that were in the OT) so if its Qui-gon I would get to take the month off, but Mace might be a different story... hummmmm.

3. DisneyGal126

DisneyGal126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2005
    I agree! Or they could go back to the OT and make Han Solo! Sadly I don't think they will make any females yet :( (but I would LOVE to be wrong :))and I really don't think they would make an old Ben because they just made an Obi Wan.

4. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Han, Leia, Padme, and others are all possibilties eventually. But the theme right now is Jedi Knights. Therefore they've only got two OT choices left: Old Ben and Yoda. They've already done Obi-wan and Yoda would require all new everything so he's definitely out. That leaves PT Jedi and, again, my money's on Qui-gon.

Since I already have the old Hasbro 12" version, I will have to think long and hard about whether to spend another $50 I don't have.

5. Mini-Rock

Mini-Rock Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2005
    The SS SW PF statue's and 1:1 busts will be my main focus this year. Both the 1/4 Luke and Han have arrived (just waiting for a case for Han to arrive) and are standing comfortably in my collection. The 1/4 Vader is set to start shipping at the beggining of Feb, which I totally can't wait for, and 1/4 Grievous, Ben, and Leia are on preorder as are the Maul and Greedo 1:1 busts. I'm beyond excited about these, and greatly look forward to seeing what is next. :)

6. Volter19

Volter19 Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    I'd like to see Greedo >_>

7. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Kit Fisto is the next 12" figure.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mp3/011206_podcast.mp3

8. cronus8

cronus8 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Cool, my wallet gets a break this time.

9. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm still bitter that he died like a punk, but he's a must-have for my Jedi shelf! Can't wait to see this one!

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Grrrrrrr! [face_frustrated][face_frustrated][face_frustrated]

I was so hoping for someone that I wouldn't want to buy.

*Sigh*

Starts budgeting more money...

11. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002

[image=http://www.sideshowtoy.com/placed/011306kitfisto.jpg]

12. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Yup, there goes another $50...

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    He looks sooo good.

*Sigh* Sideshow's getting most all of my SW collecting fund this year.

14. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Can someone lend me $50?

But the question is, what on earth could be included in the "Sideshow Exclusive" version?

No doubt something like a battle droid part or something :( Threepio's head?

15. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    sidious's saber through the chest?

16. DruDaJedi

DruDaJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    i guess im one of the few who is not crazy about the 12" figures. I've just never really been into them. On the other hand, I have both 1:1 busts on order. Full Size Maul and Greedo heads!!!! Just wait for that Yoda, Boba, Palps or Chewbacca bust, i heard a rumor that yoda was next

17. Commander2224-Cody

Commander2224-Cody Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2004
    Kit Fisto means I get to sit this one out.

18. Kale_Starbreaker

Kale_Starbreaker Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2005
    kit fisto ? a character that was marginally cool in a five minute EU cartoon? never had any speaking lines in either a movie or the cartoon (well, maybe he screamed when palpatine killed him)? at least go with ki adi-mundi or shaak ti, they had rather large parts in the clone wars toon.

though i have cooled off since my failure to get the exclusive obi-wan (which i DID end up ordering the regular edition of), i might have to pass on kit. if i get him, then i'll have to get every other side-character on the council they but out. aayla secura, ki adi-mundi, shaak ti, bariss offee, plo koon, agen kolar, saesee tinn, etc. and my wallet just can't take that.

i might order the exclusive to sell on e-bay to finance other figures.

19. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Kit fisto 12" figure COOLEST EVER!!!!! finally have a good figure to go with my Kit costume!!

20. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002

Dang, that is cool! :eek: But I think I'll have to pass on it. Can't afford another $50 figure right now. :)

21. Pancrase

Pancrase Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2001
    I am going to pass on this one as well. Which make me happy, since I couldn't pass up on Luke, Anakin, or Obi-Wan.

I have a feeling Mace Windu is going to be next. Which will make #4 for me.

22. DisneyGal126

DisneyGal126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2005
    He does look awesome but I think I'll also have to pass. I don't have much room and I'd rather wait for the Star Wars women! LOL!

23. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    The LOTR people had it so easy today for the Aragorn pre-order. The exclusive edition took HOURS to sell out and the servers weren't hammered at all.

Although I have a feeling pre-ording Kit Fisto might be like that. Which is just fine with me. :)

24. Gul-Dak-Herann

Gul-Dak-Herann Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    Looks like Kit won't be selling very well, there's a lot of people here passing him up. He's very cool looking, better than Anakin or Obi IMO, but I'm not going down the Sideshow Collectable route.
    But don't ignore him because he's a minor character...that just makes him rarer in the future ;)

25. Pancrase

Pancrase Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2001
    The Aragorn Exclusive was still going as of 8pm last night. I woke up this morning and it was finally sold out.

I think they did a bad job with Aragorn's "Exclusive" items. The exclusive item is a hooded cloak and a pipe. These seem like essentials to the character that should have been sold with either item. With Obi-Wan, not having the exclusive gun isn't a big deal. But for Aragorn not to have something he used for a good portion of a movie doesn't make sense.

Doesn't matter. As long as they don't mess up Mace Windu...