main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Sideshow Collectibles Discussion Board!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 6, 2006.

1. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    And here's another. I just got back to work to find the package with Han Solo sitting on my desk...

The sculpt looks pretty darned good to me. The jacket seems to fit a little awkward, but I can't wait to put him all together. The Mynock is extry cool.

2. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    [​IMG]

Hi peeps, I'm new and I was hoping to find a Sideshow thread. I love the company, and shell out a bunch of money I should be spending on other things towards Figures and statues from them.

My most recent purchase is this beauty. I made a deal with a private collector for $95 shipped.

3. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    I just realized nobody has posted in here in 8 years....

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's all right - hopefully things will pick up in here with the new films.

5. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    I'm sure they will, but to be honest, SSC had done a lot of cool things since the last time someone posted before I did.

The Clones are fun, and new figures like Malgus and Darth Vader Deluxe are pretty impressive.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I've had to put my spending on hold, but they've got some good items coming this year. I still want to pick up Vader & Yoda. I've got a Blue Hoth Han on Pre-order, hopefully I'll be able to manage to get him. I want Hoth Luke too.

Smile - your clone is nice. They're not really my thing but SS does them really well.

Smile_youS.O.B likes this.
  7. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    Yeah, I've heard that from a few other fans too and I respect that. I just became a huge fan of the CW show, so I figured it would look cool.
    Yes, they have some great stuff coming out this coming new. I also just got the 1/6 Grievous and Malgus and they are both mighty impressive. I also have the Hot Luke on PO too. Do you own the Hot Toys Luke Skywalker? If not might want to check it out. It's one of my favorite Star Wars figures and it's one impressive set.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I do have the Hot Toys Luke set - it's hands down my favorite figures. I keep wondering when in the heck they're going to come out w/ another figure. I really wish that they'd do a Leia and/or Padme because they do an amazing job w/ female characters.

9. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    I'm big into Hot Toys, and the word is straight from the CEO/Owner that EP3 Anakin Skywalker is the next Star Wars figure they will do, then after that Han Solo. It's just a question of when they will get to doing them since Hot Toys has a big deal with Marvel. I'm curious to see what happens when the new movies get released because Disney and Hot toys have a great partnership.

10. Da'wid Yott

Da'wid Yott Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2014
    SOB

That really is a beauty; the detail looks awesome. I do not collect figurines...well I picked up a few Gentle Giant and Unleashed statuettes to mount with my corresponding FX Lightsabers I have displayed in my gym, but this piece is ridiculously details. I am going to have to check out the Sideshow line. Are they all pricey? (to me anything over 75.00 is "pricey")

11. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    @Da'Wid

Yes, I'm afraid this is top of the line collecting. They just released a deluxe 501st and the price tag is $139, and the new Vader they made is 100 dollars more than that. However, you can find deals on older figures on eBay if you are patient. I paid $95 bucks shipped for the 442nd clone trooper.

I have a few of them, including the emperor figure which is one of the best figures they made. I also have Grand Admiral Thrawn and his command chair, and that thing is awesome.

Sideshow does give out monthly coupon codes for 20 bucks off.

Rebelscum has their own Sideshow gallery with all the figures and Statues they made. It's worth checking out even to admire.

P.S I just got Darth Malgus not too long ago and he's very well done.

12. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    I thought i'd so a few of my personal collection. I haven't displayed the Boba Fett yet, so he's still new.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here's one of my favorite figures of my favorite star wars character!

[​IMG]

PadmeLeiaJaina and Da'wid Yott like this.
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I know all about Hot Toys and their Marvel love-fest. If I see another 'new' Iron Man I might barf. They really, really need to get going on Anakin and Han. I know that I'll want both. I really hope that they do w/ Anakin what they did w/ Luke and give us two full characters - a "good" Anakin and a Darth Vader version.

That Malgus is cool - I'm very happy that SS has hired better painters, their earlier figures lacked a lot of detail on the faces. I noticed the immediate difference w/ Padawan Kenobi, the paint looked more like Hot Toys quality. When I saw the Hoth Luke/Han pics I thought for sure that they were Hot Toys and not SS - so I was pleased to be proven wrong.

I love that Thrawn w/ his throne. I never really got into his character but that is just badass.

Guhhh I have too many figs to post pics of. You can peruse my collection pics HERE to check out who all I have. I think Obi was my last purchase. I REALLY want that Vader, but I need to be gainfully employed again before I can fork over payments for it.

Maybe someday if I have unlimted funds I'll start getting some bad guys - until then I'm always on the quest for the light siders. Let's see I think here's who all I have:

Prequels:

TPM

Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn

AOTC

Jedi Master Kit Fisto

CW

Padme Amdiala - Illum mission

ROTS

Anakin Skywalker Jedi Knight
    Anakin Skywalker - Darth Vader SS Exclusive

Original Trilogy

ANH

Princess Leia
    Luke Skywalker - Yavin Celebration
    Tuskin Raider

ROTJ

Leia - Boussh Disguise
    Gamorrean Guard
    Bib Fortuna
    Jedi Master Luke Skywalker
    Salacious Crumb Creature Pack
    Creature Pack

Jabba's Palace Arch - I got this hoping someday that I'd get Jabba to make a huge display...hasn't happened yet, he's so freaking expensive on the secondary market :(

Other

Santa Claus Yoda - Ralph McQuarrie

I have a few other high end guys also - the rest of my 12" figures are either Hasbo or one that I've created or picked up as customs.

Hot Toys

Bespin Luke Skywalker Set

Medicom

Wicket
    Jawa
    Jedi Master Luke Skywalker
    Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker

14. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    I was heavy into the Star Wars line a year ago when I first started into this. I was always a fan of the Star Wars films, but never into the EU, and didn't consider myself a Huge Star wars fan. Then I read Heir to the Empire, and I loved it so much that I started looking for Thrawn figures, then I started looking for other figures from the films. Then one day while searching I saw the SSC Thrawn, and wanted to own it. It was my first ever 1/6 figure and I have a great memory of getting it for the first time. Soon after I discovered Hot Toys and got the bug, which took me away from Star Wars for awhile. I ended up selling some Star Wars figures which I now regret. You're right, the older quality is lacking, but certain figures were still cool. Figures like Admiral Piett, and Episode IV Obi-wan. I still have the Darth Maul they did, but The other issue with the older figures is the bodies.

That's a pretty impressive collection. The Tuskin raider looks like a great figure. I regret selling a few mine, and wish I kept my Snowtrooper and piett. I hope to keep building up my star wars figures from Sideshow again. You're right, Hot Toys needs to get moving on other figures besides Marvel, and I'm hoping they give us two figures like they did with Luke. I'm still waiting for Robocop! like I said before, I am curious to see if Hot Toys makes figures from the new movies.

P.S to anyone in general if you're looking to own at least one Star Wars figure from Sideshow that isn't super expensive, try getting the endor rebel troopers. They look a little dated but I still love mine and I paid $40 bucks for him.

15. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I love the Sideshow and I have 10 of the 6th scale Militaries of Star Wars line and 2 premium format figures. Looking forward to see what will coming out from SideShow in the coming years...

16. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    Mike
    Which figures and statues do you own?

I still haven't had the chance to get a Star Wars statue.

17. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have the Boba Fett, General Grievous, speeder bike/scout trooper, and Commander Cody premium figures. I also have several 12" figures including Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Commander Cody,Commander Fox, Stormtrooper commander. Shocktrooper, Commander Gree, 212th clone trooper, 501st legion clone trooper, Coruscant clone trooper, 442nd seige trooper,41st elite trooper, Utapau shadow trooper and commander Bly..

18. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    Impressive collection. That Speeder Bike looks massive.

19. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I'm not an excessive collector, not by any means. I do have have several bags full of Hasbro 3 3/4" figures from all ages, though, and 42 Dragon Inc non-SW 12"ers.
    I considered buying some of the Sideshow 12" figures for several years, but didn't - until they started their re-imagned TCW 12" line.
    Now I'm the proud owner of Captain Rex, Commander Cody, Commander Gree, Commander Wolffe (LE) ... and after thinking this over for QUITE some time, I finally pre-ordered Echo & Fives.
    I'll have to live on bread and water for the next few months now, but hey, it will be worth it :D.

20. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    Yeah, some of the Clone War figures are really cool.

I tried to set up Grievous tonight and while he is really cool he was a pain to try and get posed right.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  21. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    I got 4 clones yesterday via a trade with a private collector. I have pictures of only two of them and will get pics of the others soon. I got another Commander Cody as well in the trade, but since I already have one no sense in keeping it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Darkslayer and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  22. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Bacara and Neyo ... didn't like their outfit too much, but that's not Sideshow's fault :D. I'd rather bought Waxer & Boil, or Ganch if I had the money back then ... or Bly.Didn't want him when he came out, but I've seen him traded for roughly 1.700 USD lately ...

23. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    I really like Neyo, and Bly was one of my favorties. I wished I still had him. Ganch is actually my Top Clone to get, followed by Shock Troopers.

Cody is really well done. I need to set mine up.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002