main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Sideshow Collectibles Discussion Board!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 6, 2006.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    With the rate they're going Farm boy Luke and Leia will be next.

2. Philosoraptor

Philosoraptor Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 29, 2014
    That's highly possible since I think they wanted to do all ANH versions first.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    And for something new...NOT...just got word from Sideshow that Han and Chewie are going to be fully delayed until Summer. Of COURSE - they always push their winter release figures to summer when I'm strapped for cash. GRRRR!

4. Philosoraptor

Nov 29, 2014
    I know, they are delaying Commander Cody Premium format figure too. I expect it from Sideshow, but Hot Toys has been great lately at getting figures out to distributors early.

5. Philosoraptor

Nov 29, 2014
  6. Philosoraptor

Nov 29, 2014
    [​IMG]

VADER $499 PO Thursday. He looks like a beast.

7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    My hoth Han is still processing. This is taking forever, lol.

8. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    That Fett was a quick preorder, just looks sweet. Already have the Mythos so i'm safe with a ROTJ styled Fett in a somewhat altered outfit and Jaig eyes on the helmet. I would say that Sideshows' Fett PF is the definitive ESB version if you're looking for it.

9. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Love that Mythos Fett :) Trying to put some money aside for all of the collectables coming later this year but these amazing Sideshow items are so tempting :)

10. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    It does feature the single longest rifle of any kind i've ever seen held by just one arm...

I have personal hopes that SC might eventually take a crack at vehicles and ships. I do know they released the Millenium Falcon but that was back in '09 and made by Fine Molds.

It's not really their thing, they focus on mixed media characters, but i can see them pull it off.

11. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    And here i am totally forgetting the speederbike they did recently, which looks great actually. Well, an example of a SW vehicle done right. Bring on Slave 1.

12. Philosoraptor

Nov 29, 2014
    Yeah, Boba Mythos is a masterpiece. I really want Maul, but if I'm getting a maul statue I want the Cyber Maul Premium Format.

13. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I got my Han today! SO EXCITED!!!! Ahhhh!!!

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm still waiting for confirmation that mine has shipped. Grrr. Then again I did waffle for quite a while before I pre-ordered him so I'm probably late on the list.

15. Philosoraptor

Nov 29, 2014
    I think I'm going to pass on Hoth Han. I'm not liking the final product. I MAY still get Hoth Luke but we'll see. I may just get he Hot Toys Han and be done with collecting anymore Han Solos.

I'm really tempted to get the Savage Opress Premium format figure.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Just got notification that Han has hit the warehouse and I sent over details asking them to ship him out early! Woot!

17. Philosoraptor

Nov 29, 2014
    PadmeLeiaJaina

Can you post some pictures when you get him? Let me know if he looks better in-hand.

Thanks!

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    But of course! He's shipping tomorrow so I'll probably get him Monday.

19. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I'll take some photos of my Han too! :)

20. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I'm really happy celebration was light on announcements, lol.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I really want those Jawas though so they can join my herd.

Oh and apparently Hot Toys had a Sandtrooper on display - for some reason those are the only troopers that I really love - mostly because of the Dewbacks I think.

22. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I heard about the space troopers too.

Sheesh! To much stuff! Thankfully it wasn't Luke/Leia or 7 characters.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I don't know where they got this - but I found this pic on Rebelscum for upcoming Hot Toys items: WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! - absolutely cannot tell if hair is rooted or sculpted though. I think both are rooted though.

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of the Jawa 2 pack from Celebration coming from Sideshow - by Sportsanchor over at Rebelscum - close-ups the fabric is amazing and dead on screen accurate looking. They're not turned on here but their eyes light up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Alright so I took pics of my Sideshow Hoth Captain Han Solo (blue coat) and my newly acquired Clone Wars General Anakin Skywalker.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hoth Han Solo - anyone who's still worried about the eyes - please peruse my full gallery of photos - I think that the eyes are spectacular on him, particularly in my close-up photos. Not only do they for once give us a Han who's got hazel eyes but they're amazingly lifelike. Mind you, I've always been creeped out by dolls w/ glass eyes - the eyes on Han are AMAZING, particularly when the light hits them in just the right spots, he's got actual flashes in his eyes which makes him seem alive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

His costume is also wonderfully detailed. He comes w/ something like 5 different sets of hands, I didn't bother switching any out. He has his radio signal box thing that has 2 long wire receiver things - I put those away since they easily fall out and I know they'll just get lost at my house. He's got 2 heads - one w/ his hat/goggles, the other w/ his hair. His eyes look great on both. The sculptor did an amazing job w/ getting all of Harrison's bumps and scars on his face.

I'm so happy w/ this figure, for the first time I have a Han who LOOKS like Harrison Ford and not some strange wanna be Han who's sculpt went through a warped mirror.

Han's so amazing I really want Luke now, but my wallet is holding me back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Clone Wars General Anakin Skywalker

I held off getting this figure because I thought Anakin's face looked a bit off and I didn't watch The Clone Wars. I finally managed to find one at a good price though and bit the bullet. Considering I have nearly every other Anakin 12" scale figure out there I needed him to complete my collection. After watching a few eps of Clone Wars (started watching them on Netflix) I've decided now I know why Anakin's face seems a bit off - it's because the sculptor made a human version of the comic figure, they didn't base it off of Hayden's face.

The result has that his face is a bit broader than Hayden's which gives it that "off" feel, also his nose in the cartoons is broader than Haydens. All of that being said, I don't think he's a bad figure. View full gallery of photos HERE!

[​IMG]

Nice shading in the hair and his eyes are nicely painted.

[​IMG]

I like the armor on his costume, it gives him a medieval look.

[​IMG]

Nice emblem detailing on the armor

[​IMG]

At least his eyes are softer looking than poor Padme's. At least now my Padme has an Anakin to go with her.

[​IMG]

Philosoraptor likes this.