main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Sideshow Collectibles Discussion Board!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 6, 2006.

1. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I know it is not star wars but I just went onto the ghostrider movie website to see the mini trailer and sideshow are doing a ghostrider figurine looks quite cool.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Next Sideshow 12" Collection is....HEROES OF THE REBELLION!

In the coming weeks, Sideshow Collectibles will reveal its first 'Heroes of the Rebellion' 12-inch figure.

If we take their promo for the Jedi Knights to be any indication of things, I'd say Han and Leia are shoo-ins considering they had a picture of Kit Fisto on their Jedi Order page.

:D :D [face_praying][face_praying][face_praying]

They mention Jar-Jar on there...so that might also mean that CLONE WARS Padme is coming!

[face_praying]

3. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    The more I think about it, the more I think it might be impossible for me to pass on any of these. This is not good for any sort of budget I try to pretend to be following.

I do hope they announce the Clone Wars Padme soon, I definitely want that one. And I'd like to see them make Jar Jar just to spite all the Gungan-hating fanboys out there. :cool: I honestly think it could be a cool figure.

I did just get the two Hasbro Portrait Edition Leias, so I'm going to be hopeful that they don't overlap with those (at least to start).

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'd love a kicking detailed Jar-Jar also! The Hasbro one was just soooo weak and very kid oriented. I have the Captain Tarlpas and Kaaddu set and would love to have a Jar-Jar who's in battle mode to go along with him.

Wouldn't that be great though if they made him really limited edition and the fanboys who refused him will then whine when he skyrockets in price later on? 8-}

LMAO someone mentioned Jar-Jar over at RebelScum and the guys are in EXTREME panic mode :p [face_laugh]

5. JdieKnight

JdieKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 1999
    I feel the same way. I see myself stressing during the priority preorder window for every single one of these. I am just afraid to pass on the one that turns out to be the sleeper hit of the line.

Kit Fisto proved that people are not letting up ordering these regardless of the character.

6. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I think they should have a JAR-JAR in "I'm creating the Empire" robe.

7. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Non-Star Wars related, Sideshow has the preview for the next LOTR figure up: Frodo Baggins

Do you think it's a good or bad thing that they don't show you his face?:confused:

8. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    They really don't show much of him at all. so I guess we will have to wait to see what he actually looks like.

9. NewWorldOrder

NewWorldOrder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    RAZORSEDGECOLLECTIBLES.COM
    Has the reg. version of anakin&kenobi for pre-order.
    thank god cause i was lookin all over to pre-order a reg. anakin and 95% of the "good" places were sold out. so i'm glad i got one in from razors that guy rocks.(said they have a handful or so)

got on wait list for reg. luke (hope i get lucky)

10. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Does this mean the Jedi Knights series is at an end? I guess that means no Mace Windu or Qui-gon. :(

As for the Heroes of the Rebellion. I'll have to wait and see. Han Solo and Leia are maybes. Luke in his Farmboy outfit would be a definite NO, but an X-wing Fighter Pilot (the accessories would be awesome) or Bespin Fatigues versions would be impossible to pass up.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Roland

I doubt we'll get a second Luke figure this year. This round we'll likely get Han, Leia, Padme and someone unexpected.

I think that probably every year they're going to produce a certain number of figures for each of the lines. So this year, our Jedi Knights have been presented, then we'll get the Heroes, Military, and scum and villany figures. Then 2007 they'll start the cycle all over again.

We just need to be patient ;)

So I think these are the 4 lines:

Jedi Knight Order
    Heroes of the Rebellion
    Empire Military
    Scum and Villany

There's talk that the boxes are going to be deluxe 4 fold over pieces w/ magnetic closures.

Also they're going to preview the next 2 pre-orders at the huge Toy Fair in New York next month and they'll have figures there for people to actually view in person (well those lucky enough to see them.)

I BET that CLONE WARS Padme will be at the show. Why? She was the fan choice for EU figure and what better SW figure to unroll before the toy world and show fellows in the industry how grateful Sideshow is at having the SW 12" franchise than presenting the Fan Choice figure for all to see?

The good news w/ the last 1/2 of the year being dedicated to scum and bad guys, my wallet should get a break. I decided while driving home last night that if they do Boba Fett, I'll pass on him, but if they do Jango I'll get him.

Why? I have a vintage 12" scale Boba Fett that I love. Even though a Sideshow would be awesome for detailing, I don't really need a second Boba on display. I don't, however, have any 12" Jango figures so he's a hole in my collection that needs filling.

March is the release date for Luke and May for Anakin...it seems like such a long way away.

12. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    No SS stated they will have more jedi knights as well as the new HOR series. .

13. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    My wallet can't take much more... :(

Jedi Knight Order:
    Qui-gon, Mace, Yoda

Heroes of the Rebellion:
    Han, Leia, Lando

Empire Military:
    Tarkin, Stormtrooper, Commander Cody

Scum and Villany:
    Jango, Greedo, Bossk

Not that I'd buy all of those, but that's what I'm expecting.

14. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I know we're not likely to get another Luke for awhile, but I would love an X-wing Luke.

15. Pancrase

Pancrase Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2001
    I am happy about with the news. It will save my wallet for a little bit. I hope they return to the Jedi at some point. I still want a Mace Windu & Yoda.

Why are people seeing pictures of the previews? I check the Ministry of Information link, and I don't see anything on Frodo Baggins.

16. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    so are all of you kit fisto freaks downloading him for battlefront II?

[image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0006716.jpg]

17. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    only if it's on PC[face_plain]

18. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    nope, sorry

19. cronus8

cronus8 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Looks like Entertainment Earth will be selling the regular Obi and Kit (For $5 more than SIdeshow) but if you missed Obi there is another option.

20. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Wo Hoo! Finally! I got in my order for Obi-Wan! :D

21. cronus8

cronus8 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Well.. we got a look at what the box will look like....

[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/madden821/lukebox.jpg]

22. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So I highly doubt that they'd package up the prototype, that being the case - the production model of Luke looks awesome! Come on Sideshow bring 'em on!

24. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    OK now... for the big question... are you gonna open your Sideshow SW stuff??? Or keep em boxed up??? I have all the Sideshow New Line Horror line... and Ive opened them all... but Im thinking I might not with the SW line...

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm a deboxer and although SS's figures look good in their packages, they look MUCH better displayed.

Mine are going to be released from their plastic prisons.