main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Sideshow Collectibles Discussion Board!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    They just announced the Stormtrooper Han and the Imperial Disguise Jyn hot toys. I may go for imperial Jyn. Not sure though.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Well thank you there's a new pre-order added to my list

3. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Which one did ya pick? Or did you go for both?

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Nahh just Jyn. I have a surprisingly lack of Han/Luke in stormtrooper gear merchandise, don't need to start adding them now.

Right now my Sideshow preorders are:

2 Jyn Erso figures 1/6 scale - deluxe standard and Tie fighter disguise.
    ESB Yoda Hot Toys (one payment left whenever the hell he's ready to ship.)
    And 1/6 scale Game of Thrones Daenerys Targaryen figure...she's by some other company, she's got rooted hair and looks AMAZING.

When I get home I'm going to check my Sideshow account. I got an email that they gifted me some bonus points for a couple of weeks, will see what sort of discount they amount up to. I really do need a nice version of 1/6 scale Darth Vader.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  5. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Well to brighten your day, Hoth Leia and Emperor Palpatine just leaked.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hoth Leia????? Wooohooooo!!!

7. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    [​IMG] there she is in all her leaked glory!

Edit: I'll be getting one of the Jyns this weekend on pre-order. I'm just not sure which one to get first.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh boy. Man I like the back drop for Han.

9. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yeah, the other figures feel naked without something similar. I hope they start doing more backdrops like that. They could easily include it with Imperial Jyn too.

10. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Baze Malbus:

[​IMG]

Emperors Royal Guard:

[​IMG]

Getting annoyed with the lack of Cassian and Poe.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    They're both very cool. I'm waiting on a Cassian. I just bit the bullet and used the free $15 off Sideshow gave me an Pre-ordered K-2SO. I'm hopeless.

Gamma626 likes this.
  12. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I still can't believe we haven't even gotten a hint of a Poe Dameron. I'm starting to wonder if Hot Toys just has something against Latino men, lol.

I would adore a Cassian and would likely pre-order him day one. I don't do that very often with hot toys. But I truly loved that character. Same with Poe.

Anyways with my tax returns I'll likely be getting at least one of the Jyns. I'm just not sure which to go for first.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, they're both the Han Solo level characters in the films.

I'm hoping maybe they just pushed off Poe for Ep 8.

God help me - ROTJ Luke also teased

[​IMG]

14. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    RotJ luke, and Premium Empire Han and Luke as well. I can't even. I just can't even.

As far as Poe, I'm hoping that's the case. Seems like the massless Kylo is being upgraded to kylo from TLJ as well. So it's possible!

15. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Treated myself for easter. Got the standard Jyn. Also did my taxes, and got a good bit back! When that gets deposited I think I'll pick something else up. Or maybe two things! I'm really feeling the itch to collect more. 2016 was lacking a little for me as far as wanting to purchase stuff. So I'm getting excited to do it again!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I was talking to my sister last night - Sideshow and Hot Toys spent sooo many years chunking out nothing but troopers, now that they've done all of those they're left w/ having to do other characters. My wallet is suffering from them not distributing them throughout the years :( Oh well.

17. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    True! But I'm kind of glad too. Their sculpts have improved considerably from even five years ago. You're at least getting what you pay for. Even if you're paying a wee bit to much sometimes. :D

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yes the first Sideshow sculpts were horrific, even their people sculpts are amazingly accurate, not counting Hot Toys and their amazing artists.

19. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yup! It's a great time to be spending your money on Star Wars! :D

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The only good news is knowing Hot Toys that ROTJ Luke and Hoth Leia probably won't be ready for shipping until sometime in 2018.

21. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yep, it's a nice sigh of relief. It's nice to know these things aren't immediate releases. There's plenty of time to plan ahead for them.

22. LordThrawnStark

LordThrawnStark Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2013
    Nice to see other people collect Sixth Scale here. I have Han in Stormtrooper disguise on PO, thinking of getting Sideshow's 1/6 Darth Maul

23. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Got my returns today! Browsing and trying to decide which figure I'd like to order. I was going to go with two, but I totally forgot about tax and shipping, so now I only want to drop the money on one today, lol!

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  24. xyloren

xyloren Jedi Master star 2

Feb 19, 2016

They didn't make a maskless Kylo SS did they? I've been waiting for one but only see the masked version.

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm pretty sure Kylo has a mask only.

Loved this - this was Sideshow's featured collector of the week - actor Titus Welliver who has a rather jaw dropping collection of Sideshow figures and stuff.