main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Sideshow Collectibles Discussion Board!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 6, 2006.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    So I've been looking around and going to see if I can start picking up any older 12" figures at good prices.

I got a Medicom Real Action Hero Han Solo really, really cheap on Ebay and he showed up yesterday. I'll work on getting photos of him cleaned up to share. He's from a few years ago. I really don't have a lot of Hans because the molds for Harrison are always so meh. This one isn't bad. The paint is really lacking but his sculpt is nice. Nice to have a decent comparison piece to go w/ the marvelous Hot Toys Han. I have their Luke and Anakin. I love the Anakin even though he's kind of small in scale. Han is also smallish - I think that's just their scale that they went by - but still he looks good. I'm kind of sad, I think they only made 3 human figures. I also have their Jawa and Wicket and really like those. They MIGHT have a Yoda, I can't remember. The rest they made were clone and trooper type figures - meh! (Although if I could score them for $40 also I might pick them up for that!)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  2. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks Mike!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Got an email this am from Sideshow saying Anakin should be in their warehouse by the 18th of April!!!!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  4. CaptainHamYoyo

Aug 18, 2011
    Here’s the entirety of my Sideshow and Hot Toys collection!

[​IMG]

wobbits and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    From that angle it looks like 3PO has no reflection in the mirror. Maybe he's part vampire..

6. CaptainHamYoyo

Aug 18, 2011
    Lol

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I've got my photos done for my Medicom Han Solo.

These figures are smaller than Hot Toys or Sideshow figures in scale. I think of them a bit more in line w/ the Disney store Premium Elite series but more articulated.

I just got Han Solo a couple of weeks ago and wanted to share some photos.

Han's costume is quite nice. The fabric is spot on for the shirt, vest, pants w/ their styling. Boots, belt, gun etc are all plastic. This is a quality difference from either Sideshow or Hot Toys which make the belts and boots leather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice detailing though when you're looking at the costume:

[​IMG]

Han's face mold is really nice, sculpt itself really looks like Harrison Ford - unlike the early Sideshow Han figures. My main complaint is that there's a near complete lack of paint on his face so it looks kind of bland. But I'd rather have it that way than have a horrifically BAD paint job.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I managed to pick mine up, previously displayed for $40. Bargains can be had if you go hunting!

[​IMG]

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Here are some side-by-side shots of Medicom Han vs. Hot Toys Han.

[​IMG]

Yeah there's really no comparison, but I still think Medicom Han looks good.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Anakin shipped this morning!!!

10. CaptainHamYoyo

Aug 18, 2011
    Well, there went my Episode 4 only limit. That didn’t last very long, lol

New limit(for now): OT only. Unless they do a Slave Leia, this’ll probably be my only other Leia. I’ll probably get the Jedi Luke, and probably when they make a Bespin Han. And probably Yoda, Emperor Palpatine, and when they make a Bespin Lando

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Haha Hot Toys made a Yoda last year.

[​IMG]

12. CaptainHamYoyo

Aug 18, 2011
    Lol, yeah, I think my LCS still has one, I’ll have to pick it up.

Now what’s your all’s opinion on Jedi Luke? Hot Toys or Sideshow?

Part of me is leaning towards HT for the human characters consistency, but I like the way SSC’s headsculpt looks a little better, plus he comes with the Endor gear in the same figure. I’m torn, lol

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Guhh it really ticked me off that Sideshow did their Luke because I've got HT Luke on order. I think the HT Luke's face sculpt actually looks A LOT like Sideshow's original ROTJ Luke - mouth is slightly open and rounded for both. So I actually like the Sideshow sculpt better because it's a little different....and you get the Endor gear.

My payments started on the HT version so I figure I'll just be on the lookout for buying the Endor outfit separately when people start parting them out after they're in stock.

There is an Endor Biker Chase Leia coming from Hot Toys at some point. She's been previewed but hasn't been made available yet for pre-order. Onto my list she'll go when she shows up.

14. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I missed the preview for the Endor Bike Leia. Is there still a live link to it?

Good grief the shipping is slowwww. Anakin isn't due to arrive until Monday but I am hoping for tomorrow since they are usually a day earlier than the estimate.

I saw a couple pics of him on Instagram from people who've already gotten him and he looks awesome!!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  16. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Hopefully she doesn't get canceled like Baze did.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I doubt it they've brought her and showed her off at a bunch of shows. I'm just hoping either A) there's a second head w/ hair or B) she does have hair under the helmet.

FYI looks like a Premium Format Leia is coming from Sideshow - you can enter for a chance to win her HERE.

Gamma626 and CaptainHamYoyo like this.
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It's official - I hate Sideshow. Full reveal is at around the 40 minute mark.

19. CaptainHamYoyo

Aug 18, 2011
    Lol. Yeah, watched the show today with Todd Fisher. The Leia PF looks awesome!!! Making it hard to just stick with my one Indy PF, lol.

There’s times where I’m tempted to get a Luke PF, but then I’d have to get Vader, and Han, and Leia. Then I’m back to where I was with my Hot Toys collection where I’d probably get Chewie and the droids. It’s never ending(but the PF’s are twice as much, lol)

edit: I did sign up for the giveaway though, lol

20. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Thanks! I do remember seeing her. I think I was just way too excited about Anakin that I forgot about those Endor releases.

Anakin is out for delivery....

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm having to wait out my payment plan for him. Oh well.

22. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    He is freaking worth every penny and every minute of the wait! Such an awesome figure.
    I just need to go figure out how to post pics.

The only issue I have is that the arm sleeve for his mechanical arm is used to cover his arm with the battery compartment for the LED lightsaber option and it has to be taken on and off to flip the switch.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  23. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'm just waiting for the dang Solo figures. Think I'll have to score a Han and Lando immediately...

wobbits likes this.
  24. CaptainHamYoyo

Aug 18, 2011
    That’s going to be messed up if Hot Toys releases a Donald Glover Lando before Billy Dee Williams, lol

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002