main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL SW Sightings

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Eofer_Draijonsai, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eofer_Draijonsai

Eofer_Draijonsai Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2005
    Since tf.n's board are crap without any visual appeal, organization or glory of the old boards. I thought I'd try a thread on any sightings out of the usual universe domains. For example:

I don't know if anyone has seen or heard the new EMPIRE magazine november 2005. The plastic wrap has Kick butt Yoda on the cover(the actual mag has jake "there's a reason actors used to change their name" gyllenhaal on the cover)and includes a 5x7
    booklet the "Unofficial SW dvd viewing companion".
    It's pretty cool with lots of behind the scenes, cult moments, hidden sighting (portrait of George in the Naboo palace when padme and guards retake palace), times to the second for certain moments (wilhelm scream, first lightsaber ignition, battles, thx-1138 ref., etc.), five frame armchair comics on the stages of viewing dvd, and lots more on all six films. For Me, This alone was the worth the price of the mag which I'll get around to reading later.
    The wrap was cut at the bottom of all the copies in the store so I swiped an extra booklet.

Russ
    and yes I was the former dragonsaw which was unintentional when I signed on the other boards. This "new" name was supposed to be the more expanded universe less wizardy lord of the rings. Dare I ask, absolutely, what is someone else's opinion.

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Well, you convinced me to buy EMPIRE this month- it's on my shopping list for the next couple of days, that insert sounds great.

On the name, I think it sounds fine. I'd just pronounce it Eyo-fur DragonSaw. :) -Campbell

3. DarthCaves

DarthCaves Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2005
    Where could I get this magazine? I haven't heard of it. Can you order subscription over the net or is sold in stores. Here in Okeechobee there isn't much Star Wars stuff so any info would be appreciate.

Thanks

Walt

4. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    EMPIRE is typically available at the big chain bookstores like B&N, Books-A-Million, and Borders. It's an import from the UK and typically costs about $10. I checked Virgin and two Barnes and Nobles in the last 2 days with no luck. I am seeing the October issue, so it seems these places have not put them out yet.

I also just found the VADER guide that was released back in June by mailorder from IGN. I never wanted to pay the shipping so I was glad to pick up a (slightly weathered) copy of this for $10 at B&N. -Campbell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.