main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Tales From The JC Collecting Forum...Funny and Interesting Collecting stories

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LittleGreenMaster, Dec 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    [face_laugh] Good one Sithy :D
    I guess I should call in the Ghostbusters soon! :p
    I realized on Friday that it was Always Midnight cause I watch Just Shoot Me which is on at 12:00AM every night on FOX, And it keeps happening right before it comes on [face_mischief]
    And I don't think it's the Show, Cause it happened last night When I was watching SNL too ;)
    Just Weird

2. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    ok this happened a few nights ago.

I was at TRU looking for some custom fodder(clone troops for the most part.) Well they have no clones to speak of, but Dooku is warming pegs down there. Well I go and look at the GI Joe's hoping to find some girl named Scarlet or something for a Mara Jade custome. This kid that can't be more than 9 years old came running down the isle and stoped at the SW stuff. He was amazed. His face lit up like he had just seen George Lucas himself. He was after Dooku. Well he stayed there for a few min. and I had to leave. It made me smile knowing that someone who actualy free and play with the Count finaly got one.

3. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    That's Great Goo child :D
    Which reminds me, A similar thing happened on my Toy hunt yesterday at TRU. I was in front of the SW pegs searching for the Elusive Ephant Mon, and a little boy was next to me searching around for something. I noted that there were quite a few AOTC Yodas(Still A Rare Event) And a couple of Dookus hiding behind some other figures. I hear the little Boy say Where's Dooku? [face_mischief] So I pull one out & say here you go :D He said THANKS!! And Ran off :D
    I also saw a hidden Luke Bespin, So I put him on the Front pegs ;)
    I Absolutely Love when I see a Little kid looking for SW Figures :D It's just a Bonus when you can help them out :)

4. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    I Absolutely Love when I see a Little kid looking for SW Figures It's just a Bonus when you can help them out

true very true.
    I have a simlar story

me and my friends we're looking at the Star Wars posters in the mall and this little kid runs up.
    mommy look its Anakin!

well the mom come up and goes I think the girls going to bye it. anyway I tell the little kid that I'll get it else where. well me and my friend leave the store and I look back and see the kid paying for it. it made me feel good to know that a kid who might not have gotten it got it. :)

surprisingly I got the same poster for my birthday except it was bigger.

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I've had one of those depressing and scary weeks when you almost loose a family member... I made a two hour drive to the city where my mum lives to see her for a few minutes in the Critical Care Unit of the hospital (Thankfully, she was going to be moved "upstairs" later today so of course the two tonne boulder was rolled off of my shoulders) On my way home, I take a detour to a little shopping centre thats about 20 minutes out of the way... no biggy.. imagine my tired eyed delight when in the local TRU I found the elusive DARTH VADER Unleashed!!!

Kinda a nice little "Cheery up" thing for a rough week...

6. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Well I have two stories to share.

A few years ago, my parents got me a porcelian 10inch Luke ROTJ made for me. That figure was my favorite figure of Luke and they even got me a 11inch Vinyl Vader to go with him. While I was away at Camp, my brother came into my room and accidentally knocked Luke off of the entertainment center and broke his leg. When I came home I screamed when I saw what happened to Luke. I was mad at the carnage that had taken place. Vader was also down, but he was missing the top part of his helmet which I found next to Luke's broken leg. From that day on I have been after my brother to replace the Luke that I lost and banned him from my room completely. He is not to even lay a finger on my movies. He still hasn't bought me a new ROTJ Luke and I am mad at him for it.

Second Story:

After moving from Michigan, away from a Toys 'R Us, Suncoast, and KB Toys, to a town that only has a 24 hr Wal-Mart and K-Mart. I have found that where I live now is the most Anti-Star Wars town out there. I had to work the night of April 22nd to April 23 till Midnight, but my co-workers seeing how much I love Star Wars came in at 11:30 to relieve me. So I got into my little Saturn and drove to Wal-Mart hoping to get my hands on the latest figs. I arrived just in time to get new figures at midnight. I got my hands on the 12inch Anakin and Obi-Wan and went to check-out when they told me that they won't start selling the new Star Wars figs until 8 the next morning. Boy was I ticked! I had saved up purposely to buy new Star Wars stuff and they tell me to come back in the morning. I was mad! Not to mention that I had wasted my time trying to get figures that wouldn't be on sale till the next morning.

Ok I guess I have a third story to tell. I know a few of you have heard this one in the Tap Cafe or somewhere else on the boards but for the Newcomers this is one that I want to tell you.

Last Halloween, I had received my Royal Guard costume and wore it for the trick or treaters. It was my first night in armor. Anyways, a lot of trick or treaters came to the door and I gave them their candy, however, there was one girl who was scared of me in my armor. So being a good sport, I took of my helmet to show her that there was a real person beneath the helmet. As I reached over to grab some candy for her, my knee gave out and my hit the cement very hard, cracking it. I was so mad, I had spent nearly 200 on it and my knee gave out. I had to buy a new helmet as a result and to tell you Don Post helmets are not cheap these days.

-UD

7. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    Wow DarthBreezy, Glad everything is OK and after what you went through What a Great pick up :D And pick me up [face_mischief]

UD, I'm So sorry, sorry, sorry :(
    Perhaps things will start to balance out & you'll have a couple of Happy collecting stories :)
    Thanks for sharing peoples :D

8. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Well, nice to find out that mum went home last night... :D

I also SAW the Republic Gunship (drooooooool) yesterday but alas... $$ & space....

Now if I could only find those NEW Anakain figures....

(Hey, if I can't have the real AS... :p )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.