main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Tales not cannon?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vong_Killer, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    I was looking at the DH web site's timeline and noticed that they donate SW Tales as not having affect on the timline. Why is this? I think some of those stories are really good and should be considered official cannon. They should distinguish between what stories are not cannon and wich ones are cannon.

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Cannon go kaBOOM. Star Wars Tales are not canon. This doesn't mean that you can't consider the ones that obviously fit part of the timeline, it's just a marketing move so that DHC can snare some big names without scaring them off by telling them their stuff has to fit into continuity.

3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Regardless of whether or not individual stories can actually fit in continuity, everything in SW-Tales is considered to be Infinities. Therefore, you are correct: Tales = not "canon"

4. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    They're not canon, but some DID happen. Consider "A Night on the Town." It takes place during By The Emperor's Hand, and is by the author of same. It happened, whether or not its canon.

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Chris Cerasi said some stories are within continuity and some are without. It just takes other official sources to link those that fit into continuity.

6. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Honestly, there's a bunch of Tales, um.. tales, that I'd want to be canon. The Vader/Maul fight *could* be canon and fit the continuity. I love the Boba Fett tale with Sintas (she's even got a full bio and stats, in a recent issue of SW Gamer). I also liked "Extinction", "A Moment of Doubt", and the Han Solo one where he's smuggling CRVs.

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "The Vader/Maul fight *could* be canon and fit the continuity."

Though that will take work to convince others in lfl, cerasi and sansweet said that particuler story is completely appocryphal.

8. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Vader vs. Maul= canon!?
    ARE YOU A DUMB @$$?!

9. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    Have you read the story? It definitely fits!

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Well in the story it had prophets of the darkside that cloned a darth maul on some planet. The story was good and could fit within continuity, but odds of lfl deciding to do that are iffy at best, considering some of like sansweet and cerasi have already said there statement that it's completly appocryphal. This is sort of analagous to devilworlds, yest some of the stories fit, but LFL treats it as fully appocryphal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.