main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC SW: TCG League - Crazy Old Wizards

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    I want to meet her, Amy Allen, and Carrie Fisher

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Then you should have gone to CII! Heather got Shannon's autograph. We would have met Carrie but her line was WAY TOO LONG.

Maybe they'll all be at C3. :)

3. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    didn't have the money to go

I'll be at C3 no matter what

4. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    2 days till our first official league game! YEAH!!! Padme card, here I come

5. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Hmmm... I can't decide which card to go for first. I like them both but neither are favorites of mine.

6. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    i already have both with thier orginial picture so i'm going for Pamde first because it's a way better pic .

7. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I don't think I have either of the cards already. I think maybe I'll go for Dooku first, just to be different. ;)

8. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    you should have that dooku. he comes in the starter box i think. same with that padme

9. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Oh, if it's that Dooku then never mind. My starter came with Anakin on the top of the deck. The only Padme I got was that stupid 3 point one that I seem to have a million of. I did get another Padme recently but I can't remember if it's the same as the promo. I didn't really get a good look at the promo.

10. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    it's the padme that has the picture of her in the packing dress. should be foil. the dooku has him on the left side of the card looking right.

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Ah ok. I don't have that particular Padme (and the packing dress is my least favorite of her costumes). I do have that Dooku so I guess I'll go for Padme too!

12. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    ha, everyone falls to the might of the lovely padme

13. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    It figures you would get a kick out of that...

I can just imagine what you'll be like when the OT cards start coming out. You'll be on a Leia quest!

14. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    you know in march they are releaseing the Battle of Yavin cards.. by 2005 we should have Jabba's palace cards, YES!!!!!

You I found out some new info for the game.

On Saturday they will either have us roll a die to decide who gets what deck, or

We use our opening build points to decide.
    you want the dark side. your willing to start with 27 instead of 30 points. i bid 26, you bid 25. I pass. I start with the light deck and 30 points. you start with the dark deck and 25 points. understand? I'd rather do the dice.

15. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    So you only have to wait three years for a Slave Leia?! Hahaha! 2005: Episode 3 and slave leia card.

Yeah, I prefer the dice way. I need all 30 of my build points! Besides I don't really have a preference for light or dark at this point...

I was buying cards at the Springfield WOTC and he was telling me that they have leagues Tues night. He said they run the tournament the bidding way. I wasn't too keen on it.

16. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    what it is league play can be either way. the Jedi Nights tournaments is bidding.

we have to have 8 people regularly before they will set up a tourney. at the tourney they give a specail card (it depends on the month as to which card) to the 1st and 2nd place player and a 3rd card to a random participant.

I prefer my dark deck

17. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I think it will be a while before we have 8 regulars... Probably not till next year! Something to look forward to, though...

18. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    it's ok, the one left over at the end of the month go to the league to earn

19. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Oh that's good. Well, I can be patient to earn my cards. Patience is one of my better qualities.

20. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm still looking for an aurra sing

21. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Kam, Have you seen an Aurra Sing card yet? She's pretty tough. Anyway, When do we play again?

22. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I've seen pictures of the card. The next league game is Saturday. We can decide what time we want. Bruce (the manager) said that if the tables are open and we have 4 poeple who want to play, to call him and we can play for stamps. I got 6 on Saturday. How many did everyone else get. It was great to meet you Darth.

23. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Thanks. It was a pleasure to meet you as well. Hmmm...a new dilema, I have David this weekend but I'd like to play. When it comes to something like this I believe he'd be pretty content watching the games, if not, I'd have to leave. Maybe we can introduce the boys to each other afterwards though.

24. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I'll be there on saturday unless something comes up. Does it cost anything to to park downthere on saturdays?

25. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I think it is a dollar for every three hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.