Wash, DC SW: TCG League - Crazy Old Wizards

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AT-AT_Commander Jedi Master

star 4
    so if we are going to meet for lunch, where are we meeting at.
  2. strangebehaviour Jedi Knight

star 6
    don't ask me. I'm indecisive. :)
  3. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight

star 5
    I can't do lunch. I'l' be there around 2:30
  4. stateless Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, we can always meet in the food court so there is a variety of stuff to choose from. As far as sit-down goes there is Ruby Tuesdays and the American Cafe. Also Johnny Rockets, which is more like a cross between sit-down and fast food... (I'm holding a grudge against them because the jukebox never plays the songs I pick.)

There might be more but I can't remember. Any preferences?
  5. strangebehaviour Jedi Knight

star 6
    I'll eat wherever. Just as long as it is semi-healthy.
  6. AT-AT_Commander Jedi Master

star 4
    Food court sounds good to me, figuring we would all like different stuff. Which level is the food court on, i have no clue cause i have never been there before.
  7. stateless Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The food court is on the bottom level. If you take the Metro, it will be on the same floor. Of course WOTC is all way at the top. :)

Food court is okay by me. We'll (and by 'we' I mean -Tenel-Ka-, Strangebehaviour and myself) plan to get there at 1:30ish. I'll try to stake out a table near Sam Goody and the movie theater. After food we can head up to WOTC and see if they'll let us start early.
  8. AT-AT_Commander Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds good to me. Can't wait to meet you.
  9. JediShaLee Jedi Youngling

star 3
    1:30 I will be there.At the food court.Keep your eye out for me! See you soon!
  10. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight

star 5
    we can pretty much start anytime we want
  11. Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Congrats to Val! It doesn't matter how many games she loses as long as she continues to beat Tim that's all that really matters :)
  12. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight

star 5
    That's not funny!!!!! I won 5 out of 7 games today. she won 4 out of 4
  13. AT-AT_Commander Jedi Master

star 4
    GO VAL GO!!!!! It was great fun playing today, I can't wait till I get to come down again.
  14. strangebehaviour Jedi Knight

star 6
    heh heh, Valerie beat Tim again. That was great!
  15. Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okay Val since your still the champ I'll have to give you that rematch soon. :)
  16. Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ken, after the miserable defeats I suffered from you today I have decided to redo my decks. I'm even considering buying another starter deck because there is no possible way to build a deck suitable for playing you and Tim. Have you guys played each other yet?
  17. strangebehaviour Jedi Knight

star 6
  18. AT-AT_Commander Jedi Master

star 4
    I was thinking about this on the way home, alot of times it isn't the cards you already have, its all luck in this game, to extent. i mean powerful cards are nice, but if you can't get them out. they are useless.
  19. strangebehaviour Jedi Knight

star 6
    yeah that's true! I bought more cards tonight at Wal-Mart, I'm about to open them. And David it was great to meet you and your family. :)
  20. AT-AT_Commander Jedi Master

star 4
    Tell us what you got when you get finished. anyway, i wish i had got to play you a round oh well, maybe next time.

Jedi Sha Lee, thanks for teaching me.
  21. Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    As Liz was saying it was nice to meet you, and yes there is a tremendous amount of luck involved. Anytime dice rolls are involved, luck comes into play and anytime randomly drawn cards are involved luck comes in again. As entertaining as the game can be it can also be extremely frustrating when you draw a ton of cards for one arena and none for the other two.
  22. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight

star 5
    It's not about the cards. I beat every one today except Val. Some games were over befor they started. Alot depends on the cards you draw and the roll for build points.

Yes Darth I did play ken. I'll let him tell it. He's funnier about than I am.
  23. Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Stalker, Tim's deck ripped apart everyone, as far as I know. I lost in record time -- maybe 3 rounds.

Back home, E and I played a few times, and I won all of them. Sometimes you just get lucky. Why I get lucky playing this while the lottery continues to escape me, I'll never know.
  24. strangebehaviour Jedi Knight

star 6
    Well the cards that I got are ok, I guess. No Anakin, or Yoda or Mace. It's just not fair.
  25. Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ken, I'll have to agree -- given a choice, I'd rather save all my luck up for the lottery, particularly when the jackpot is really high. Oh well, it's okay if we can't beat Tim...as long as Val keeps beating him he won't get too cocky :)

Better luck next time Liz, did you get anything good?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.