main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Themed Event at Philadelphia Nightclub

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Calling ALL PA/NJ/MD/DE/NY region Star Wars fans/costumers...and anyone else who wants to make the trip to Philly!

Shampoo, a Philadelphia nightclub, is putting on a Star Wars themed CHARITY event on Saturday, June 22, 2002 from 9am-6pm. Proceeds are going to a boy's charity in South Philadelphia. It is an indoor/outdoor mega event with room for 4000 people. There will be a laser light show and Philadelphia radio station Y100 will be broadcasting live. For more about Shampoo check out at www.ShampooOnline.com.

They need OUR help. Their promotions coordinator would like SW fans to come IN COSTUME for the event. We will be VIP's and allowed free entry. Our main job is to mingle with the guests and I am guessing be available for pictures, etc. FanForce will be included on the advertising. Garrison Carida, the local 501st is also invited.

It would be great to have a good-sized number of us to represent FanForce.

Please PM me to sign up. I need to have a count and names for the promotions coordinator!

Calixte

2. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    IMPORTANT!! Correction to times for Shampoo event!!

It is 9PM-6AM....NOT 9AM-6PM.

Somehow Shannon turned around the AM and PM. I hope this means that more can attend. Also, do not feel like you MUST stay until 6am.

3. TheRenCapt

TheRenCapt Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2002
    More sense that does make!

4. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Although it does make more sense, that certainly presents a problem. I think it may be too late to switch my day off from Sat to Sunday. Maybe I'll just sleep all day and get back in time on Sunday morning to work that day. Oh well. I'm still going...

5. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Bummer. That pretty much locks me out.
    I'll be handling a stage light show for a band at another club in Warrington that night. :(

Hope some others are able to make it out there, though.

Have fun!

6. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Hey Everybody,
    www.ShampooOnline.com has a snappy little animated ad about the event on June 22. Go to the main URL listed above, then click "Next Big One" on the menu. Wait a few seconds and the animated ad will show you more information on the event! It's called "The Dark Side" and looks like it's going to rock!

Calixte

7. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Sorry you can't make it Nick! :-(

8. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Must be 21 to enter from 9pm-2am.

At 2am, 18-20 will be allowed entry. State of PA mandates that clubs must stop serving liquor at 2am. That is why under 21's will be allowed entry at that time.

9. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    just received new details on the june 22 event at shampoo nightclub in philly:

The event will begin at 9:00pm, and will go until 6am. Although doors open a bit early, they do not expect a crowd until about 11pm - 12midnight. (The club will be at it's peak at around 2am - 3am).

For costumed guests:
    We may arrive from 9pm - 11pm and will have reserved parking.

On arrival, report to the guest list at the front door; after receiving your 'Staff' badge security will direct you to the dressing room where you can change, chill out. Snacks and so forth will be provided. The dressing room will be monitored by security all night, so all personal belongings may be left there.

Being in costume and an "Honorary Guest" we ask that you just enjoy yourself and have a good time!!! There will be several activities happening throughout the night (as you may already know), and we welcome you to relax and celebrate.

Shannon would like for all costumed guests to "host" from 11pm - 3am, so the crowd can see your costumes. We will be provided drink tickets for complimentary cocktails throughout the night, and Shannon will be available all evening to accomodate any needs / requests.

She would also appreciate a list of which characters will be coming..so send that to me via email or PM. I need to have this by June 20.

Additionally, I will send driving directions and other info via email closer to the event.

I need to send a complete attendee list to Shannon at Shampoo on June 21, so June 20 is the cutoff to sign up.

Also, if you are driving from a distance and are not making hotel reservations, my living room floor is available. I am a 20 minute drive (all highway) west of the city in the suburbs. Those of you needing a hotel, I can direct you to reasonable accomodation a taxi ride away from the club.

The 501 is going too guys, so we must make a great showing!

10. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    For all you 18-20 aged SW fans out there, Shampoo has decided to make an exception and let you in with us for the event. I MUST have your name, email address and who you are dressing up as no later than Thursday, June 20!!

Calixte

11. TheRenCapt

TheRenCapt Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2002
    I'll have a Jedi costume for Saturday!!!!
    I'll pick it up from a friend tonight!

Next, I'll make my own!

mb

12. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    With so many Jedi costumes in progress, we ought to have a Saber Making meeting one of these days. Constructing your own saber is, after all, part of the tests of a true Jedi.

I've built a few myself, you can see 'em here and they're cheap too. (these were all under $20 ea. in parts.)

Have fun!

13. GrandMoffMoff

GrandMoffMoff Jedi Master star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    Darkside certainly looks like it'll be quite the event. It's been awhile since I've been to Shampoo, but it should be a good time.

I'm not sure if I'm coming in costume or not, but if I decide to, I'll drop you a line.

Oh, and Z-Trip, the DJ from Linkin Park is spinning too. That should be interesting. Also featured, Adrock who used to spin Maneo events and Tribecca and Starchild. Sadly, no Robbie Tronco.

14. Frito

Frito Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    Looks like I'm out. Too much going on during the day on Saturday.

Sorry.

Cheers,

Dave

15. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Until Nick gets the Shampoo pics put on the website, here's a link to the Yahoo Photo album. Click here.

Jenni

16. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Aww you didn't get my good side.... LOL

17. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Great pictures Jenn!!!!
    The costumes look awesome! (Especially Endor Leia and Battle Padme ;) ) Great job guys!!!!

Your page is also linked on the web site now, too.

Have fun!

18. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    GHAAH!! Those 2 troopers in the hot tub had to be insane! One of the funniest things I've ever seen :). Great pics!

-Jack

19. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Haha, I'm dancing in practically every picture. Oh god...

20. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Watch it there Iycis. Gettin' a little close to Vader there.
    Remeber, we want to keep SW rated PG. ;)

Have fun!

21. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    That picture makes me look a lot closer to him than I actually was. *blushes* lol.

22. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Spat has pics up from the Shampoo event, Great stuff.. he's got a great one of me playing air guitar with his tail LOL

www.spatcave.com

23. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    WOW! Thanks quite and array of pictures.

Mmmm. Maybe I should get to work on a bug costume....

I like Icysis taking charge on page two, though!!! "Agressive negotiations."

Have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.