main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA SW thread: Best movie and why??

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ghost-of-Spider, Mar 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost-of-Spider

Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2000
    SW- nothing beats the first. The first minute the Fanfare starts right through to the last credit. At 9 years old in '77 it was a great thing to watch. :D :D

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't really have a favourite but if I had to pick one I'd go for the first. Can't beat the original. The unique thing about A New Hope is that's the only one that can really be viewed as a self contained movie, since it was made with the understanding that they might not get a chance to make sequels. The others are quite obviously part of a larger story and need to be seen as such.

3. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Something like this, I have to say that the one you remember seeing first is the one you like the most. The Empire Strikes Back is the first of the trilogy I remember seeing, and it is still my favourite of the four current films, and will probably be my favourite after the six are complete. On the other side of the coin, every person I know who has seen ANH first claims it as their favourite, and the same applies to those of my friends who saw RotJ first.

4. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm pretty sure I saw them in order, I think I like ANH as that's what started it all for me. Having said that I think ESB is my favourite yet I seem to like them all equally. Each has good and bad points you just seem to go through phases of which is the best sometmes.

5. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Well, its probably just me, but i always liked Empire Strikes Back..

Its mainly because its the one where the most happens, and the end? talk about nail-biter. It was the first time I saw it anyway.
    **THE JAWA SCORING SYSTEM RATES IT 5 OUT OF 5 BIG BROWN COATS** :)

6. Ethane

Ethane Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2001
    I'd have to go for....THE HOLIDAY SPECIAL....nahh, just kiddin. The general consensus seems to be for empire, I do like that movie the most. I like the broody atmospere of it. Also the fact that everything goes to hell in a handcart. But I guess for finales I would have to say that the final confrontation between Vader and Luke would have to be the best sequence (aside from the duel of fates in EP1) for sheer spine tingly sensation. The emotions it stirs up, the fact that Luke loses his whiny nature and suddenly becomes a bad-ass Jedi. also these few words "Sooooo, you have a sissster. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. If you will not turn to the dark side then perhaps she will"
    Tha for me summed up what the movies are all about. The whole concept that sometimes familial ties can bring about a persons downfall, or they can elevate you above your everyday capabilities when forced to protect.

So I guess that means I can't decide.

How unusual!

7. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Ironic isn't it? Stinkyjawa's favourite is the only one that doesn't actually have any jawas in it. :)

8. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    But we expect nothing less from Stinky LOL
    Ethane very good points you made.

9. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Return of the Jedi for me!! It as the most action, the most creatures and it sums everything up. It also has everything you could want, spacebattles, lightsaber duels, romance, cuddly things that go bump in the night, gangsters, villians the lot. I loved it!!

10. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    I always liked ROJ. It was the first SW movie that I ever saw, and it's what got me liking SW in the first place. I always thought that Ewoks were cute!

11. Princess_Lego

Princess_Lego Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    ROTJ, it's got the most colours.

And not the SE version.

12. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    QUOTE: "But we expect nothing less from Stinky LOL"

OI, thats Mr Stinky [face_laugh] to you.. lol, jkin

as for soniel... ummm, im going to scower this episode until i find a jawa.. theres gotta be 1 somewhere...

13. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    Mr Stinky it shall be :)

14. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    This is how the whole Mr thing started LOL

15. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    sigh...
    mr stinky... no-one ever says that... well, they do, but usually: "your making a scene." is attached to it..

16. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    And when I type it Mr Stinky, it's because you asked me to LOL :) :)

17. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Well... thats better than nothing I suppose...

18. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Empire for me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.