SW Timeline Gold & ChronoRadio Announcements

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nathan PTH, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolphin_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Nathan, I thought ChronoRadio #17.5 was absolutely HILARIOUS! ;)
  2. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Thanks. We had a blast making it. Most have loved it, but we've gotten a few comments that were negative due to some particular jokes in it. But, eh, all will be explained in Wednesday's CR #18.

Glad you enjoyed it.
  3. MasterControlProgram Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Nathan;

I wished I would have listened to prior CR segments before I submitted mine. I'm going to sound like a monotone news anchor in an otherwise lighthearted show!
  4. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    S'cool. It's the point behind the comments that's important.

And speaking of the show...

CR #18 is now availalbe. It has the contest to win the 3rd signed Tales #21 copy in it as well.
  5. Darth_Kevin Jedi Master

star 5
    Just FYI for anyone interested, I've made an extensive update to the web site on Lostworlds. I mentioned it in my interview in Episode X of Chronoradio.

Star Wars: Lostworlds
  6. Snaggletooth_Dreams Jedi Youngling

star 1
    What is up next in the world of ChronoRadio?!?
  7. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Up next...

Jan. 1 is an Interview Edition with Bob Vitas of the Completely Unofficial SW Encyclopedia here at TFN.

Feb. 1 is CR #19, Nitpicking the Saga.
  8. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Just a reminder: You only have until the New Year's countdown ends the night of Dec. 31 / Jan. 1 to get your name in for the ChronoRadio trivia contest to win a signed Tales #21. See details in CR #18, released Dec. 1.
  9. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    And now, finally, the ChronoRadio interview with Bob Vitas, plus the new addition to the SWT-G website, Rob Mullin's Star Wars Expanded Universe Chronology, are now both available!

See links in signature.
  10. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    The schedule's been set, finally, for the next three ChronoRadio episodes.

Feb. 1 will see *two* releases. The first is the regular edition, CR #19: Nitpicking the Saga, which deals with the Technical Commentaries (with Wayne Poe and David Pinkus chiming in), then gets into the topic of nitpicking, with guest Bob Vitas. That will also start up the 2005 behind-the-scenes segments and the 2005 Tales review series (starting with #1 - 4).

The second Feb. 1 release is Part 1 (of 2) of the new Kevin J. Anderson Interview Edition, which also features the premiere of a fan-made audio teaser for his Saga of Seven Suns novels.

The second half of that KJA Interview Edition will come on Feb. 15.

I'm still working out the schedule, but best guess is that the next SWT-G will be March 1, and the 4-part CR "Serial Edition" will be out on March 1, March 15, April 1, and April 15.

The plan for ConCarolinas this year, by the way, is to get interviews with Greg Keyes of SW and B5 novel fame (among other works) and David "Bracca from Farscape" Franklin, plus to record the multitude of panels that the fan audio folks are on, including myself (which also brings in the comic writing panel too. I'm shooting for having all of those interviews and con coverage ready for July 1.
  11. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Crap, I just realized I hadn't updated.

All three of these...

ChronoRadio #19: Nitpicking the Saga
    Kevin J. Anderson Interview II Parts 1 and 2

...have been released since my last update. The next Serial Edition should start on March 1, the same day as the next SWT-G release.
  12. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
  13. dp4m Chosen One

star 10
    I'd liketo apologize to Nathan for getting laryngitis TWICE during the span of when I wrote up my part and not being able to vocally record it myself... :(
  14. MasterControlProgram Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Nathan

CR listeners should get a kick out of this.

Word, homie!

Wow, you've done more for promoting my site than I have! Thanks!
  15. dp4m Chosen One

star 10
    Wow, you've done more for promoting my site than I have! Thanks!

I think you *may* have included some of my words (with him reading) as his views, but I don't recall my exact transcript... :)
  16. MasterControlProgram Jedi Youngling

star 2
    dp4m:

I think you *may* have included some of my words (with him reading) as his views, but I don't recall my exact transcript...

I don't believe so? I worked from Nathan's transcript of his section. He didn't include (on gs.com) a transcript of my segment or yours.
  17. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Hey, I've always said that if people come on the show, then they have other stuff, like websites out there, I'll promote the heck out of 'em, agree with them or not, because they took the time to appear on the show.

You send me info on updates for the site, I'll make sure they get mentioned. I *want* people who listen to the show to broaden their web surfing horizons. :)
  18. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Okay, two new releases:

First, for fans of the ChronoRadio: Serial Editions, or of the Nothing Changes audio drama, the 2005 CR Serial Edition kicks off this month with "Everything Changes, Part I," which acts as the first in a four-part sequel to Nothing Changes.

Second, and probably most importantly to those who read on this board, the March 1 edition of the Star Wars Timeline Gold, the first new edition of 2005, is now available!

See the links in the signature below.
  19. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    CHRONORADIO #20: Tales on Pause is now available, as is EVERYTHING CHANGES, PART III.

Also, an update on the June 1, 2005 SWT-G release: The Apocrypha Supplement is being merged into the Appendices file, with the exception of those stories that are now being merged back into the Official Timeline in the primary file.
  20. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Also now official:

"ChronoRadio: Special Edition III: The Canon Question Revisited" will hit the 'net on May 1.
  21. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    A few hours early . . .

ChronoRadio: Special Edition III: The Canon Question

and

ChronoRadio: Interview Edition XXIV: Shane Felux (of Star Wars: Revelations)

...are now both available.
  22. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Bah, missed my "edit" time limit.

Anyway, you might want to make a note. Starting very soon, certainly before the next SWT-G release on June 1, we're going through a server change. As part of that change, the SWT-G and SWEUC will be moving from...

http://www.starwarz.com/timeline/

...to...

http://www.starwarsfanworks.com/timeline/

Just to make it easier, I've already gone ahead and duplicated the site from StarWarz.com onto Star Wars Fanworks, so you can start using the new address now if you so desire. The StarWarz.com link will soon just redirect to that new address, though, so change your "favorites," folks! :)
  23. Darth_Kevin Jedi Master

star 5
    Is starwarz.com shutting donw, or have you simply decided to move your site?
  24. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Right now, StarWarz.com, StarWarsFanworks.com, and the other SWz family sites are all on one large account with Nexcess.Net. There are simply different domain names, but it's a shared account, where T'Bone and I each pay half. Each separate site has specific limits as to its bandwidth and space.

I started to realize that if I wanted Fanworks to keep expanding, I was going to be needing more space (at least another GB for the next year or two worth of stuff to be safe) and another 50% or more of the bandwidth limit, since things have really been picking up lately, and I want to avoid overages. So, I talked to the Nexcess guys about getting a separate account set up for Fanworks, so that I can keep track of those things and not have any overages end up falling on T'Bone if they are Fanworks' fault.

Since that'll be my own account, we decided that I'll also move the timeline over. The SWz main page will still point to it (and to Fanworks, for that matter), and SWz/Timeline will redirect to the new address. It's just a matter of trying to do right by T'Bone and take greater responsibility over the site. I think that's why the "Unofficial Clone Wars Site" guys are also starting up CloneWarz.com on a different account.

We love being part of StarWarz, but it was time with all of our growth to separate out the accounts. The only noticable change for my stuff will be the timeline's website address change. As of today, the timeline also has a logo on the front page of Fanworks, since I can now justify that, even though the timeline isn't an audio production.
  25. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Just a quick note: Right now I'm fighting to get the "Primer" for the new SWT-G release (June 1) in order before release. There's a chance that the primer will have a few segments that aren't filled in yet. I'm really trying to get it to go through, though, as, thanks to ROTS, the number of downloads for the SWT-G has reachedrecord levels this month, absolutely astounding me. So, here's hoping...

Also, a new blog by yours truly:
    http://blogs.starwars.com/fanaudio/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.