main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Timeline Gold & ChronoRadio Announcements

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nathan PTH, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Just lined up two more Interview Editions: Bill Smith and Matthew Woodring Stover.

Also, keep an eye out tomorrow for the Conspiracy Interview Edition.

EDIT:

Oops. Just checked the other email. Add Dan Wallace to that list.

2. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Alright, folks. The Star Wars: Conspiracy interview edition is up!

Download It Here

3. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
  4. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Alright, so listeners have heard a somewhat dramatic reading of a segment of Traitor in ChronoRadio before (I think it was Episode IV, but I might be mistaken).

Listeners have also probably heard Second Strike, which I wrote entirely on my own, and have possibly read the Dreamscape script I wrote that won the Official TFN Scriptwriting Contest ( the results of which, by the way, were never announced after the second round ended, ahem).

So, here's the question:

Given your own opinion of the writing style and such (which you may love or hate), and given the quality of the reading given in CR and the Jaren performance in 2S (which, again, is probably love or hate), do you think there would be enough interest in the following to go through with it:

PROPOSAL
    For ChronoRadio starting this summer (most likely), have me write an entirely new SW short story, as a serialized tale akin to Tim Zahn and Michael Stackpole's "Side Trip," which would appear in "dramatic readings" (audiobook form), serialized over several ChronoRadio episodes.

What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea? Don't care?

(Oh yeah, and expect Episode 6.5--the second Supplemental Episode and the first part of Chris Hanel's appearance--to be out this weekend, most likely Saturday, sometime after I do the interview with WJW.)

5. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    (Thanks for the title edit, Chris. Buggin' me for a while.)

6. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I'm willing to give my support to the serial. The Traitor reading really was quite good, after all.

Just as long as there is no Yoda. ;)

7. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    I should put him in there just to bother you now. Heh.

Nah, I figure no Yoda. Yoda's gone from the show entirely. I still haven't decided yet on what I'm doing with the intros yet, though. I have a format that I use for the Interview Edition intros, but I still am wondering what to do for the regular episodes. Marfalump will have to do for now.

8. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Nathan, I would prefer if you stuck to journalism, instead of the original creative aspect for ChronoRadio.

9. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Noted. So far, the response has been about 50/50, pretty much along Literature or Fan Films lines, which is amusing, since that's two two audiences I'm trying to hit in one sweep with CR.

So, most likely, if I do it, it'll be as separate serialized audio files. That way, those who aren't interested don't have to put up with the download time or extra episode length.

And speaking of episodes, expect the new SWT-G5 and ChronoRadio VI.V: After the Storm (featuring Chris Hanel) this Saturday.

10. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    So, most likely, if I do it, it'll be as separate serialized audio files.

Yes, that would be the best solution! :)

11. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Alright, ladies and gents. Both the Star Wars Timelne Gold 25 (the new January release) and ChronoRadio VI.V: After the Storm, featuring guest co-host Chris Hanel have both been released. Check them out at the link in my signature.

Any comments are welcome.

12. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, never say I'm not bold. I just sent out interview requests to . . .

Roger McBride-Allen
    Michael P. Kube McDowell
    Jake Lloyd
    Vonda McIntyre
    K. K. Rusch

I tried Steve Perry, Shannon Baska, and "Admiral Motti," but the email addresses I was given had errors, so they didn't go through. They were the same addresses as on their sites as well, so there was really no way to fix the error.

I also resubmitted my non-responded-to requests to Elaine Cunningham, Aaron Allston, and Kathy Tyers, and attempted, yet again, to contact Ann Crispin, who has been unresponsive since the first "yes" to an interview.

Here's hoping . . .

13. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Jake Lloyd? Oh my, that would be interesting.

14. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, McBride-Allen's contact info was a bust as well, but I did hear back from Ann Crispin. She's scheduled to do the interview sometime in February, once her voice comes back.

15. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    What it is!

I'm glad she didn't die, and that she's still up for the interview. :)

16. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Nathan - my advice: if authors don't reply after one or two attempts, don't bug them any further.

You don't want to put them off fandom.

17. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    The 2nd attempt emails are the last for those. The only reason Crispin received a third was that she had already agreed to an interview, then dropped off the face of the earth.

18. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Argh. I'm an idiot.

Baksa. Not Baska. Might explain why the address didn't work. ::rolls eyes::

Did I mention we got Michael Sheard for a future show? I forget. ::goes back to sleep::

19. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Alright, along with some general site redesigns, the new Chris Hanel Interview Edition is up.

20. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I say go ahead with the serialized story idea. I love listening - and especially love writing - stories like that. It's the very tradition of Star Wars!

Just recently started listening to your show. I like it.

21. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    Nathan are you considering interviewing Timothy Zahn sometime in the future say when Survivor's Quest comes out?

I hear that will be out in February 2004.

His OFP book will be out November 2005.

I found that out on TOS message boards from Sue Rostini and some other VIP.

22. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    I think that Tim Zahn is a hard man to get in touch with... he doesn't even have an official website.

Nathan - an interesting idea... how about you approach David Sherman and Dan Cragg?!

I think it would be very interesting interview, even though they haven't written a word of SW yet. You could talk about their general ideas, preconceptions, thoughts of the saga, etc..

(They are both co-authoring a Clone Wars novel due for release November 2004).

23. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    It'd be great to interview them, yes. I need to find contact info and get some of the other pending interviews done first, but I'll look into it.

As for Zahn, until there's a way to contact him, it's not possible. Heck, there *are* ways to contact some people I've tried to get in touch with, and they're not exceptionally responsive. I think people may have the wrong impression that the interviews with authors are easy to get. On the contrary, it's really been hit or miss. I managed to get responses from about 50% or so (maybe less) of the people I tried to contact about interviews, and only about 25% have either done the interviews or set times for them.

24. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Nathan,

Go to the Authors & Artists forum... there is a thread for David Sherman, in it, it lists his official website. In his website, is his e-mail address.

25. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    Nathan what is your June episode of CR Games and Tokens about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.