main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Timeline Gold & ChronoRadio Announcements

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nathan PTH, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Handley, as I recall, is still a good guy. People often confuse Rich Handley and Randy Stradley.

2. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Okay, we're back on track for Interview Editions (and very pleased to see topics from CR #6 and CR #7.5 both vindicated this week).

I'll be doing the Dan Wallace interview the first week of March, and I should be doing the Crispin interview this month as well.

3. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    Nathan Are You planning to a talk about Zahn's upcoming book Survivor's Quest and the Outbound Flight Project when SQ comes out next February on CR? And are you planning to review Tatooine Ghost on your next edition of CR?

4. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Right now, it's up in the air. Next Feb. is too far away to speculate, but I'd say probably so.

As for TG . . . I hadn't planned on it, honestly. I tend to like to try to review things that most SW fans wouldn't just naturally read because, hey, it's a SW book. I aim for paperbacks in a series where people might just read hardbacks, younger-aimed books for the set that reads only adult novels, comics for the novels-only crowd, and so on.

For the next edition in April, I'd more imagine that you'd see a review of one or more of the E-books for the "I hate to read on the computer" crowd, perhaps A Forest Apart, rather than Tatooine Ghost.

5. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    (Just wanted to thank Michael Potts for the news update about ChronoRadio on TFN Books and the quick fix later.)

6. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    SWT-G Update: I've finally had time to actually work on the SWT-G27. Much of what needed to be caught up on *will* be there for the March release.

CR Update: We now have multiple excellent fan commercials for transitions in CR #8, and the last few locked but unscheduled Interview Editions should be done this month sometime.

7. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    The brand new Interview Edition featuring Troops creator and Dark Horse Comics Star Wars writer Kevin Rubio is now available!

CR:IE #12

8. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    And now the Interview Edition with Mad Norwegian Press' Lars Pearson is available.

CR:IE #13

9. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up!

10. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    I've also just spoken with Matthew Stover. We're going to attempt to get his interview done this week.

::crosses fingers::

11. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    And when it rains it pours. Just got another confirmation and attempt to set up a date from Ann Crispin, and another from Herb "Model Citizen" Gundt.

12. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I just recently listend to the Mike Beidler interview. Did you really not know the story (inside joke) behind the Scourge of the Nevoota Bee? I figured most online Star Wars oldbies knew that one. Good interview though.

13. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    I had heard it ages ago, but it's one of those topics that needed to be asked for the newer generation who had no idea, so we played the ignorance game to bring out questions. Many of the questions I ask in the interviews are ones that I already know the answers to, but others might not. That's how in many cases I can have plenty of follow-ups ready for the expected response.

14. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    The new March edition of the SWT-G, the Star Wars Timeline Gold 27 has now been released.

From this point on, the SWT-G is on a bi-monthly release schedule, with new editions every odd-numbered month, while ChronoRadio remains on an even-numbered month bi-monthly schedule.

Enjoy.

Clickie

15. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    Nathan will the April edition of Chrono Radio be up this weekend? The Acrhetypes and saviors episode?

16. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    It was supposed to be up already, but we're having trouble with an audio file that Ian's trying to get to me. It's the second half of a head-to-head guest editorial section, so I can't release until I have it. At last check, he was having to re-record and send it, so as soon as I get it, it'll go up that same day.

17. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    And, finally, after a few setbacks, ChronoRadio VIII: Archetypes and Saviors is now available for download.

Clickie

18. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Thanks for the heads up!

19. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Nathan,

Listening to ChronoRadio #8 as I type this message, thanks for giving a plug for the Chronology project.

20. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
  21. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Quick update: Expect the May SWT-G28 on May 25, the anniversary of ROTJ. That will allow for about 10 more summaries than it would to release it about a week or two later, which was the original plan.

Also, details are being worked out now about the first film Commentary Track for ChronoRadio. At present, I'm determining whether or not it will be just me, or me and Fatboy Roberts for the TPM commentary. In all honesty, I'm starting to think a one-voice uniformity for all of the six films when completed would be best, and it would also allow me more flexibility in getting the Parallels Serial Editions finished earlier.

22. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Different update: I was working on the first CR Serial Edition tonight and decided to go ahead and put up a preview of the first few minutes of the program. If you're interested in a preview of the audiobook-style short story, you can fined it here:

Clickie

23. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Update: It looks like ChronoRadio #9 should hit the 'net on June 1. It'll be a doozy, dealing with, among other things, the racial issues involved in the films.

More than likely, June will also see the release of all three (at one-week intervals) Serial Editions, which are essentially original prose stories, presented as audiobooks, but with the spoken lines from the non-narrator characters cast to voice actors.

I'm not positive if June will also see the TPM Fan Commentary, but it's very likely.

And, yes, the new SWT-G is still aimed for May 25.

24. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Alright, folks, the May Star Wars Timeline Gold #28 is now available, along with Act II of Second Strike!

Clickie

25. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Thanks for the heads up Nathan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.