SW Timeline Gold & ChronoRadio Announcements

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nathan PTH, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Alright, the Butler schedule guarantee:

June 1: ChronoRadio #9 (Games and Tokens)
    June 8: Parallels, Part I
    June 15: Parallels, Part II
    June 22: Parallels, Part III

I'm also going to aim for Second Strike: Ascension for June 19, but I can't promise that yet. I don't have the last files from Amy. Those four above, though, are guaranteed.
  2. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4

I'm also going to aim for Second Strike: Ascension for June 19, but I can't promise that yet. I don't have the last files from Amy. Those four above, though, are guaranteed.
  3. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4

4. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4

5. cinemafreak Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Woah, deja-vu.

I have heard previews of Parallels. (who wants to touch me?) Ladies and Gents, you are in for a treat. I didn't hear them with character voices (though Nate-dawg there plays a wonderful woman) but the story that was told is astounding. Very cool.

This man, is a wordsmith.
  6. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    ::lots of bows::

It's done, so I'm excited to hear how people react to this month's different releases.
  7. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    And, here we go, ladies and gents:

ChronoRadio IX: Games and Tokens is now up for download.

http://www.starwarz.com/timeline/chronoradio/cr9.html

This episode features numerous responses to CR #8, a look at the games vis a vis continuity, a look at racial overtones in the films with guest co-host Brian "O-B" Gates, a review of "Secrets of Shadows of the Empire," and a feature on notions of entitlement in the fan film community.

Check it out and let me know what you think.
  8. O-B-GATES Jedi Youngling

star 1
  9. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Yeah, you did well on your first appearance. :)

I honestly think, CR #9 may be one of the best ones yet, if not THE best one thus far.
  10. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Haha! I don't know how many times people have griped and gone off about the part in the "Understanding the Lost Episodes" appendix to the SWT-G where I quote an early SW newsletter that called the sequel to ANH the second in a series of twelve episodes.

I've gone around in circles with belligerent, ignorant individuals about it.

And now, finally, the entire text of that issue of the Official Star Wars Fan Club Newsletter (#2) is online for Hyperspace members.

I rest my case. Hallelujah!
  11. THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Nathan I really liked Episode IX of CR and I look forward to your next three episodes of CR:
    Episode X:The Lost Episodes in which you will talk about Episodes VII-IX and beyond and the cancelled EU books,Episode XI:eek:vercoming Boundaries in which you'll talk about the restrictions in the Bantam SW novel days and Episode XII:End of an era in which you'll deal with the End of the NJO and the progress of the Clone Wars.

I know this is too early but can you reveal what topics you have for upcoming CR episodes in 2004?
  12. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Actually, I haven't come up with the 2004 topics yet. I'm going to start thinking about it, but given that it's only June, I don't want to jump the gun too far.

I'd like to do one that would be about "old school" Star Wars continuity stuff, like the Marvel comics, the early newsletters and Bantha Tracks, the early Han and Lando books, etc.

But then, that's why I have listeners who can give opinions. What would YOU want to see in 2004?
  13. THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    How about a topic I suggested a while back.

Where you compare NJO books to prequel books or Bantam books to Del Rey books or a how about the Outbound Flight Project since Timothy Zahn's Survivor's Quest comes out in February or even one spotlighting Tim Zahn's SW books including his upcoming two books SQ and his OFP prequel novel.
  14. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    NJO to Prequels and Bantam to Del Rey days might be doable as one combined topic of comparison.

The Zahn feature might be interesting. I'd probably want to look at his imact on the Bantam days, and segue into a review of his new one.
  15. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Hi Nathan,

Just finished listening to Episode 9... another top notch episode.

Correction for you... Maori is definately New Zealand, NOT Australian. Not to nitpick, but you have it pronounced wrong. You said it something like may-ori... it is spoken like mowri.
  16. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    I'll be sure to note that in 10.
  17. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    And, if anyone else is wanting to grab CR #9 before the page is updated tonight and it drops back into the download archives and off the front page, you should go ahead and do so.

Tonight around 10 EST, I'll be premiering the first ChronoRadio: Serial Edition.
  18. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    The first ChronoRadio: Serial Edition is here!

I'm proud to announce the release of the first of three stories in the "Star Wars: Parallels" series.

The series is a new form of fan audio production. These stories, part of a special type of ChronoRadio called a "Serial Edition" are essentially original Star Wars fiction, written as prose. They are then presented in what I call "enhanced audiobook format." They are not audio dramas, per se, in that they do not contain sound effects, but they are read as an audiobook would be, but *all speaking parts* have been cast out to voice actors, rather than being read by the narrator as would happen in a regular audiobook.

Each story in the "Parallels" storyline will follow the same series of events, each through the eyes of one of the three main characters.

The object here was to present a story in the fashion of NBC's "Boomtown," but as an audiobook format. The individual dialogue lines are the exact same in all three, and the prose is meant to parallel each other in the same way, with subtle changes to the nuances to change meaning and present another character's point of view.

Perceptions created by Part I will be challenged in Part II, with revelations in Part III.

The final two episodes will be released June 15 and June 22.

You can find the first episode here:

http://www.starwarz.com/timeline/chronoradio/parallels1.html
  19. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Update: That previous link works, but not if you C&P it. There's an accidental space in it if you just C&P it.

As for Parallels, Part II, expect that sometime Saturday night, between 9 and midnight EST, so between 6 and 9 Pacific or 8 and 11 Central.

There may also be an announcement about the third audio drama project, Context, by then too.
  20. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
  21. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
  22. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    See the homepage: I'm now looking for a partner to take on to help with SWT-G work.
  23. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Nathan,

Thanks for the heads up in regards to the status of your projects.
  24. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
  25. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    . . . as is Anthology: Doubts Cast, again, all at the site in the signature.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.