main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Timeline Gold & ChronoRadio Announcements

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nathan PTH, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    Nathan,will the next regular edition of Chrono Radio be up August 1 or will it be the middle of August?

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Middle, as far as I know. I'm still needing to do the interview with Furman for one segment, and I need to get July's SWT-G done before then.

August 1 will, however, see the second episode of Anthology.

3. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Thrawn, it just also struck me:

The new CR will probably be the second week of August, but sometime in late August, there should also be a new Interview Edition with Dan Wallace. I took down the page because we were having scheduling issues, but once it's done, it'll all go back up for the release.

As for CR #10, I keep saying each ep feels like the best yet, and that's the case again, it seems.

Right now, it's looking like it's going to be clocking in at just around 2 hours of dense content.

The running order, right now, looks like:

1. Introduction to ChronoRadio #10 (The Lost Episodes)

2. Recap of recent releases
    Since the last CR came out, Anthology will have launched and released 2 eps, Context has launched as a site, an Interview Edition came out, a partner was added to the SWT-G, and 2S ended.

3. Teek's Ear News
    We're looking at several tidbits here, including: a note to debaters (particularly those debating the merits of Hyperspace) on the differences between false statements of facts and the idea of opinions; a note on Leland Chee's newest terminology for Canon vs. Official (in SWT-G terms); a note on some statements by Rostoni dealing with the Trioculus books and the levels of officiality;

4. Mailbag
    Only one email answered this time, since there's so much other stuff. This one's from Robbie Chastain.

5. The Lost Episodes
    This is the main body, and works out to be three separate segments. In the first, I'm dealing with the notion of the nine lost Star Wars *movies*, including info on how we know they were to exist, what was to be included in them based on Lucas and Hamill quotes, and such. In the second, Kevin Furman and I will be discussing major "lost" EU projects that were scrapped, as he's the resident "Lostworlds" guru. In the third, I'll be talking with Lou "T'Bone" Tambone about cut scenes, particularly those with major impact or which never reappeared (and some of the bogus ones that are simply urban legends).

6. Reviews
    The reviews this time are a little skewed, as other than a brief "go buy Shatterpoint," the reviews are, for once, non-SW, in a sort of return to the recommendations, but much, much shorter. Just ran into two things I couldn't hold back on recommending.

7. Commentary
    The little commentary segment, like the one about fan film entitlements in CR #9, will this time deal with the major arguments against SW.com's Hyperspace, and basically go into how most of those arguments that keep being repeated, ad nauseum, are blatantly false, so that people can cut through some of the b.s. and get into actual "honest" debate, based on real facts, not false information. (If you don't know about some of the for-profit actions and comments by one of the TFN bigguns, you'll find this segment particularly interesting.)

Also, Rich Sigfrit may be coming up with new little parody commercial or news spots for this one, but I haven't heard for sure. As it is, the episode is pretty long. But, as you can see, pretty dang full.

4. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Two notes about CR #10: I just cut the note on Leland Chee's comments from Teek's Ear, and I'm holding off on anything from Rich until #11. The show's running a tad long, and I want to be sure there's time for Kevin Furman and I to get in some good discussion.

5. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    A pair of us are working on a startup to for a sister site to StarWarz. Can't really say much at the moment, but we're needing someone experienced in PHP to help take current designs and turn them into a working site. Anyone interested, or know anyone who might be?

(This will, in part, be CR's new home.)

6. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I guess if I don't know what PHP stands for I have no experience :)

Nathan, sorry we have not been able to intersect on the interview thing. Send me an email or PM and let's work it out.

Kevin

7. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Alright, folks, the newest Star Wars Timeline Gold, Release #29 (overall release #58) for July 2003 is *now* available!

Clickie

Kevin: E-mail coming tomorrow when I send out a few about interviews, files, and so forth. This weekend's a great time to try if you've got the time.

8. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    And, CR #10 is in the can, ready to go in early August. Also, the SWT-G's site has gotten a major revamp, thanks to Sonja Nelson.

9. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Good CR news: I just did the interview with Dan Wallace last night. It'll be up probably at the end of this week, even though CR #10's "recap" doesn't mention it. Nothing I can do about that now, though, as CR #10 is "wrapped."

10. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Well, it was meant to be released tomorrow, not today, but an uploading foul-up on my end required some crafty re-uploading of key ChronoRadio pages.

So, in the wake of that, I'll release it early and save myself some trouble.

Ladies and gents, the Dan Wallace Interview Edition is now available.

Clickie

11. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Awesome news! Can't wait to hear the voice and discussion of Dan Wallace, someone whom I have liaised on and off with throughout the last 5+ years (SWFA, Timetales, continuity, etc...)

12. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Nice work Nathan.

And I need to apologize for disappearing on you. I got a new computer set up back in May and then I was out of the country for most of June, and I haven't been around the forums or the normal Star Wars internet venues that much these last few months.

I could have contacted you easily of course, I just had bigger things on my mind. So, I'm sorry. And it's not like you needed me to review the show for you. You're doing great. Keep up the good work.

Although I wouldn't blame you if you didn't, if you need any help with anything feel free to ask. I have another month of summer to kill.

Peace.

13. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Nathan,

Listened to the Dan Wallace Interview Edition last night... great show, very interesting, especially to fellow timeliners and continuity freaks!

14. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    No problem, Wedge. If you want to review CR #10, drop me an email. It's done and ready for a couple of weeks from now.

And thanks on the Wallace interview, Michael. It was one of the most fun yet.

15. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    It's early because my poor computer has to go into the shop to get its built-in monitor fixed, but hey, that's good news since the episode is out early

ChronoRadio #10: The Lost Episodes, featuring guests Kevin Furman and Lou Tambone, is now available on the ChronoRadio website at:

http://www.starwarz.com/timeline/chronoradio/

16. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I listened to the whole number ten. Here's just some friendly discussion / debate. :D

A quote from the official boards similar to what you say in Episode 10:

There's no retroactive Infinities in the sense that no one's going to go store to store slapping logo stickers on out-of-continuity materials, but to say that everything produced before the label started to be used is in-continuity is, well, naive, and doesn't fit in line with what Rostoni herself has said, on this very board, numerous times.

I think the problem is that if this is the case, there is no need for an Infinities logo in the first place. No one is saying things need to have stickers added-on, but future printings and official timelines could be updated. Infinities can be retroactively applied in those ways. Dark Horse has retroactively listed some comics as Infinities on their timeline. Nothing is stopping Del Rey from doing so on the books timeline. It should not have to be up to the fans to determine what is and is not canon/continuity. We should not have to figure it out for ourselves.

Since Sue Rostoni keeps changing her position, how can we know if what she is stating is the official LFL stance, or just her opinion of canon. Until it is in print in an official source, and not posted on a discussion board, we should be reluctant to accept her quotes as the official position of LFL.

Her recent mention of Marvel and GoDV, is probably similar to what most people's personal opinion might have already been, but Dark Horse's official timeline seems to contradict this since it indicates that all the U.S. Marvel stuff is in continuity.

Other stuff...

Using your same argument that since the Imperials did not interrupt the wedding of Han and Leia in GoDV #7 since it was never written it didn't happen - I accept that, but then the "I do" did not actually happen either - it was not "on camera" (as we discussed).

As for this thing from the 2nd issue of the Fan Club Newsletter, I still disagree with your conclusion. TESB was already being worked on (at least pre-production) and I'm pretty sure a draft script was already finished, or at least in progress since the revised fourth draft was completed by Fall 1978, so the idea of the Episode V subtitle was probably already floating around. If Episode V appeared on the TESB script draft at the time of the writing of this article, the whole argument is mute - it was a reporting error. I think it most likely it was a misunderstanding of the article writer, or maybe Lucas did not want to bother explaining the whole beginning in the middle thing yet, or maybe it simply did mean the 2nd of 12 movies...in order of release. TESB is still the 2nd of 6 movies by order of release.

17. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Great Episode! (Chrono Radio #10)

Fantastic to see that another project that I started, blossom and grow, and kudos to the guys that followed on with it (Lostworlds).

18. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    This is reposted from the Fan Audio board. Michael, in light of this, shall I go ahead and send release notes to you at TFN Books, rather than TFN Fan Films? Jeff seems to have entirely missesd the point of one of the show's segments, which apparently, you understood in context.

---------

G12 Edit: Nathan, I'd ask that you please refrain from cross-posting forum discussions or otherwise spamming Lit. with something that obviously doesn't have anything to do with your Annoucements. Thanks.

---END REPOST---

19. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
  20. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Nathan,

Please be careful where you go with this. No need to bring up the past.

I, myself, was a little alarmed by the anti-TF.N segment, especially the claim about a core staff member wanting to 'sell' their share, and write a book (first I had heard of this).

Given that in the very same show you had a length section on fact and opinion, just wanted to make sure that you have your facts correct in these claims.

21. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    The person who made the selling comment has since left, as I recall, so it's easy to tell who it was.

As for the book, you'll find more info on that on Filmthreat. "Star Wars Generation," I believe it was called.

Again, as I said, I made sure anything said was backed by either first-hand experience or at least two credible sources.

But, frankly, the point was simply that people shouldn't just take in news or opinions, of any kind, without analyzing them for themselves, which I figure most people will get.

Shall I take it that you understand the context, and I should send you notes or what?

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I don't really think that these are "SW Timeline Gold & ChronoRadio Announcements," do you?

23. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    How so? It's directly dealing with how CR news updates are going to be getting out from this point on.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No, you're asking a question to one person (Gath) which you can do via PM.

No decision (thus far) has been made to shut down THIS thread, so your announcements can continue as normal, until such time as they can't.

In other words: "Move along... move along..." :)

25. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Thanks for the help, but I think we got it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.