main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon SW Topics

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Lots of new SW stuff is coming out and I was just wondering if anyone still collects/reads/plays these things.
    Books- New releases of Legacy of the Force Series, Republic Commando, Death Star, and more coming in the future.
    Comics- Current runs of KOTOR, Republic, Empire, and a new one coming called Vector??
    Toys- There will always be those especially when you cant get a hold of those elusive rares.
    Games- The Force Unleashed is coming, plus BF2- Renegade. Still waiting to play SW Trivia Pursuit either edition.
    Music- New boxed set coming out soon.
    Costumes- With Halloween coming theres a chance to dress up as your favorite character and Trick or Treat or attend partys, or Join the Local 501st/Rebel Legion/DST/Kamion Squad costuming groups.
    FanFilms- There are a few of us in the area who are into making FanFilms, some are in production, such as myself am still writing a script, drawing storyboards, building models and set pieces.
    Movies- I find time to pop in the OT/PT/Clone Wars cartoons once in awhile.

If any of the topics catch your fancy, speak up. I'm into all of these things. Are you?
    -Eric

2. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    I, for one, really looking forward to reading the new Death Star and Rep Comm novels.

-Kyle

3. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I'm looking forward to the novels and videogames, myself. I'm getting the itch to get back to work on my fanfic writing and of course participate in any capacity in any fanfilm projects that happen our way. Of course the costuming thing is a given! :-D

- Bill

4. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    The Force Unleashed will be awesome. Even better if it actually cames out on PC!

Fan Film wise, mine's still in development hell, but I'm nearly done with the third draft and my production supervisors are meeting with me in November, as well as some of the leading actors, producers, and some post supervisors.

5. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Here is another story about Lucas' upcoming Star Wars TV show, from the LA Times:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/tv/la-et-starwars17oct17,1,862651.story?coll=la-headlines-entnews

Lucas is confident he can find a home for his droids and Jedi, but he also knows the projects are unorthodox enough to give network executives pause. "They are having a hard time," Lucas said. "They're saying, 'This doesn't fit into our little square boxes,' and I say, 'Well, yeah, but it's "Star Wars." And "Star Wars" doesn't fit into that box.' "

Yes, but it does fit into a "Box Set"... [face_laugh]

6. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
  7. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    I concede to that somethings will fit into a "boxed" set, and I will buy them.
    As well, I will continue to contribute to Lucas's vast mass multi-media machine.

As for more upcoming items:
    Books- Rise and Fall of Darth Vader, SW:pop up Guide, RC:True Colors, Essential Guide: Jedi vs. Sith, Darth Bane:Rule of Two

Portland Comic Book Show is Nov.11 '07 10am-5pm Memorial Coliseum Rose Quarter Exhibit Hall. Lots of vendors for Comics, toys, and other stuff.

The Newest Star Wars Insider #97 magazine is out. Looks good.

8. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
  9. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    That would be Yahoo trying to cash in on the milking cow that is Star Wars. I already belong to a yahoo group that is full of Star Wars fans. I've been active with them for like the last 5 years, I think.
    The mod even posted a message from yahoo to him, asking him to encourage all of us members to join this other yahoo group. We all had to laugh. We belong to a pretty steller group, why would we want to go anywhere else that plays second fiddle, as far as we are concerned?

- Bill

10. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    You can now be an official JEDI KNIGHT !!!!

The Universal Life Church -- a whacky organization based out of Seattle, WA ......WILL NOW GRANT YOU THE OFFICIAL TITLE OF JEDI KNIGHT.

And will also give you an official JEDI KNIGHT CERTIFICATE to prove you're truly ONE WITH THE FORCE.

11. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Dude.... if you really wanted a certificate, I'm sure we could get one printed out for you. [face_worried]

- Bill

12. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Book release- Darth Bane: Rule of Two, Dec 26th.

13. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I wonder if there are any book signings that either of the groups are going to troop???

- Bill

14. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Any book signings coming our way any time soon?

15. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    The other day I picked up a 1992 VHS version of STAR WARS, in great condition (with out "A New Hope" included on the title).

I only paid $1 (score !!).

16. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Now that is some great find.=P~

17. wimcat

wimcat Jedi Knight

Dec 31, 2007
    Well I'm looking forward to some of the books. Also I'm pretty excited for the force unleashed game and soul calibor 4 since vader and yoda will each make an apperance :)

18. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    The Force Unleashed masive multi media event will sure be something to look forward to this year. The Book, Comic, figures, mini game, & The Video Game alone is Impressive enough to make any Star Warsy person just drool with excitement. I think it will be like SOTE (Shadows of the Empire), but on a much larger scale due to more technology avilable to market it.

19. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Gotta Love this
    www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20080204.html
    I can't wait to add more stuff to my collection room...I'm going to need a bigger room:oops:

20. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    If I knew someone down in L.A. who was wanting to work on a fan film I'd help them out, I think it'd be fun to do, and I certainly have the equipment. I was actually thinking about making a professional fan film but I'm not sure, I'd have to be able to justify it monetarily, as far as if I spent X amount would it do enough good for my career to be worth the lost money. I do think it'd be a ton of fun though... I'd make a parody, so it was protected under First Amendment rights, rather than violate any trademarks or whatnot.

I still collect prop replicas, I have everything Master Replicas made on the full scale line basically, still waiting on a few pieces, but I'm looking forward to eFX taking over the license.

And I'm completely stoked today -- in a Star Wars daze -- by the announcement of the CG movie Star Wars: The Clone Wars that will be coming to theaters August 15, that made my year. It's going to be a great year for Star Wars.

21. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    The Cloud City Garrison mass e-mailed this to me, and I thought I would share it with you:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars In Theaters and on Television in 2008
    February 12, 2008

A new era of Star Wars entertainment begins in 2008 when Star Wars: The Clone Wars, from creator George Lucas, premieres as an all-new feature film in August, followed by the television series debut in the fall, in a partnership announced today between Lucasfilm Ltd., Warner Bros. Pictures and Turner Broadcasting System Inc.
    Produced by Lucasfilm Animation, Star Wars: The Clone Wars takes audiences on incredible new Star Wars adventures, combining the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm with an eye-popping, signature animation style. Star Wars: The Clone Wars will open in North American theaters Friday, August 15. International release dates will be announced soon.

The theatrical debut of Star Wars: The Clone Wars is only the beginning of all-new Star Wars adventures that continue in the fall when the long-awaited television series premieres on Cartoon Network, followed by airings on TNT. Details regarding international broadcasts will be announced shortly. Star Wars: The Clone Wars showcases an entirely new look and feel to the galaxy far, far away -- combining the expansive scope of the Star Wars Saga with state-of-the-art computer-generated animation. Each week, viewers will see a thrilling, 30-minute "mini-movie" created by the talented artists at Lucasfilm Animation.

22. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yup, I'm SO stoked. This is going to be awesome, I think the CG footage looks amazing and I'm just really looking forward to new adventures in the Star Wars galaxy.

23. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Cheers for more SW Stuff. =D=

As for Fan Films, I'm still currently in very early preproduction on mine. But gearing up to do some real work on it this spring/summer. Plus funding for it is hard to come by, $ mainly used to buy materials for set building, costumes, props, lighting, etc...

Very excitied for the Clone Wars release in theaters. Will be a HUGE trooping event for costumers.

24. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Legacy of the Force: Revelations
    by Karen Traviss
    is in stores.
    Star Wars Insider #100 coming soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.